Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
02.12.2013 , 08:31 PM | #2731
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
I guess it depends on whether this is a "preference check box" on an electronic form, thus eliminating undesirables from the search, or an open ended, 'describe your ideal partner' question for interested parties to look at. Because I suspect the aforementioned people with homicidal tendencies would view the latter as a either a turn-on or a challenge .
Now I have one image of a list that looks like:
Spoiler
Open-ended, yep, I'm sure that would bring out the wrong crowd.
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
02.12.2013 , 08:51 PM | #2732
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Now I have one image of a list that looks like:
Spoiler
Open-ended, yep, I'm sure that would bring out the wrong crowd.
Spoiler
OMG I am still giggling over the first box. With Sith, that might not be a joke. Now sending my husband to check it out because he was giving me weird looks for laughing at my computer.

iamthehoyden
02.12.2013 , 09:26 PM | #2733
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
OMG I am still giggling over the first box. With Sith, that might not be a joke. Now sending my husband to check it out because he was giving me weird looks for laughing at my computer.
Hehe, there's nothing wrong with giggling at the computer, or crying at the computer, or swearing at the computer......what? you guys are good writers
---------------

Striges
02.13.2013 , 12:19 AM | #2734
NotLP: The Story Thus Far

By popular demand:

Ian Kughel
, Trooper (a trooper not the trooper, and that link goes to his portrait. No spoilers)

Spoiler

Notes: I’ve updated my original summary page to include Ian Kughel’s story, and I changed the portrait link in that post to one that includes him with all the other characters. Little of this will be new to anyone who read my LF1M entry.

bright_ephemera
02.13.2013 , 10:18 AM | #2735
Ahaha, the image of Skari encountering a slightly different grenade approach...men, you know?

And yay, Kughel background!

Now, at 1000 words, game spoilers only so far as the existence of Tharan Cedrax's associate. I can't write about a character Tara Strong has voiced without making a My Little Pony reference, in the title if nowhere else; thus, a Ruth-Less very loose (read: almost unrelated) LF1M, My Little Operative: Friendship is Very Advanced Technology.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
02.13.2013 , 12:58 PM | #2736
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@irishfino Haha, Ald's reactions are much funnier than the ones my brain comes up with when Quinn repeats the obvious.
I blame Ald's inherent silliness on his responses. Also, Ald is slightly insanely crushing on Quinn.
Quote: Originally Posted by Isoviel View Post
That was hilarious Irishfino. I tend to be very introspective so it takes alot to get me to visibly laugh but that almost made me spit out my salad.
Now that's what I love to hear. I love it when people have visible reactions (even if I can't see them) to the things I write. MUAHAHHHAHAAH!!
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Fino - Very funny. I may have to steal this idea cause I talk to my comps all the time.
Spoiler
Eeee, I'd love to see more of these written by other people. Reactions to companions varies so much, it's interesting to see/read. I love it!

I always want to scream at Kira "NO, YOU'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE. SHUT UP!" But I might dislike her a little bit... [shrugs] What can ya do?

Thanks for reading everyone!!!

And now...
NotLP: Companion Sayings
Uni: Ald the Silly Sith Warrior
Characters: Ald and Quinn

S**t My Companions Say, continued

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
02.13.2013 , 01:33 PM | #2737
Bright:
Quinn looks like he stepped out a romance novel and with his "air of noble suffering" he practically is one. Personality might need a little work.

And poor Holiday! Those two were sizing her up like a piece of meat. She needs some e-i-cream and a hug. Waking up like that *mumble grumble* and to Wynston! *mumble grumble* and then Quinn!

Irish:
Taken out of context, a lot of the companion lines could be ended "in bed", but with Quinn it just works.

iamthehoyden
02.13.2013 , 02:20 PM | #2738
Ok, first of all - Kughel has a background!! (Striges, you do realize he's loose now, writing more is inevitable )

Second - bright - Tharan's fate...yeah, cue maniacal laughter leading into full-scale giggles at 'inadvertent smoldering.'
Spoiler
bwahahahaha!

Fino, I don't want to take credit for that idea, cause it's an awesome one; what do you think of starting a Sh*t My Companions Say thread in Story and Lore or Fan Fic (since it would involve OCs)?
---------------

Isoviel
02.13.2013 , 04:59 PM | #2739
Hi! I'm trying something new. I wrote this out half way then my mind said 'Ooh impulse time!' so i scrapped that and wrote in first person. More Ennaly, Woohoo! I think it reads like a diary entry but I really wouldn't know (never had a diary ). Shorter than my usual stuff 424 words.
Prompt: Climate
Title: Hey! That's Cold!

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
02.13.2013 , 06:07 PM | #2740
Isoviel, the 90% uptime on her waxing rhapsodic about all possible Corso details is both endearing and hilarious. Also, Hoth is terrible. Love it.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.