Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
02.04.2013 , 04:09 PM | #2671
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I imagine that they're sitting on a giant tube filled with violent, coursing energy, kicking their heels and eating ice-cream out of the tub, while ignoring all their responsibilities and b*tching about all the people they've slept with. Then a midshipman leads Gorse in, points at them and Gorse just shakes his head and tells them to get back to work once they've run out of Chunky Monkey.
Haha! Love it! (And damn it, now I'm hungry for Chunky Monkey!)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
02.04.2013 , 04:41 PM | #2672
I imagine that they're sitting on a giant tube filled with violent, coursing energy, kicking their heels and eating ice-cream out of the tub, while ignoring all their responsibilities and b*tching about all the people they've slept with. Then a midshipman leads Gorse in, points at them and Gorse just shakes his head and tells them to get back to work once they've run out of Chunky Monkey.
This image makes me love Rochester even more.

Rylothian People's Front.
That scene is in fact precisely what I had in mind.
Good to see that Junior is still getting up to much mischief and it's wonderful how Quinn seems to be so relaxed at all this meddling.
Quinn's fairly resigned to it. Wynston's been screwing with everything Quinn loves for very close to twenty years now, and screwing with Quinn specifically for the better part of two. Wynston's trying to make my life miserable? Must be Tuesday. Well, sort that out, give him a good angry glare, then they've both got to get to work.

I have headcanoned that Wynston rigorously vetted that profile to make sure that nothing in the "personal history" or "what I'm looking for" section added up to any excessive reminder of Ruth. There's this bare minimum of decency they maintain in their horrendous eternal prodding...Pierce Junior has yet to notice or care about that.

Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
they were a sophisticated association of high-functioning psychopaths
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Bright -hahahaha
Such a sad little piece though, for Calline more than Wynston, to see a long-lost brother and then have him gone just as fast, wanting nothing to do with you. That would hurt.
Wynston is...not cut out for warrior societies, Mandalorians included.

It is always difficult for the family left behind when a rift comes up like this, especially when the reason for the rift is almost entirely in the errant family member's head. Calline's got a big family to fall back on, but that doesn't exactly make up for straight-up rejection from her big brother.

I love Mellekor and Vette,and I'm really trying not to, cause I don't trust Mellekor not to do something awful (he's probably going to do something awful), but I still love them!
You know she survives at least until Ananz's post-game timeline, 8-10 months down the line! The vague glimpses I have of what Mellekor and Ananz will be making decisions over on the galactic stage are kind of awesome. I don't think Mellekor's going to be very nice, but there's a factor or two that may yet sway him.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
02.04.2013 , 04:49 PM | #2673
...screwing with Quinn specifically for the better part of two...
*snrk*

I'm going to hopefully get more of the relations between Gorse, Kairan, Windthorpe and Torbette in my other thread, but I'm not sure how in-depth it will go. Oh wells~

bright_ephemera
02.05.2013 , 05:15 PM | #2674
The challenge of the Legacy prompt, taking the game-mechanic interpretation, is that I have relatively few connections among my characters. Well, what if they did all get together for a game announcement? Legacy: Patch 1.7, no spoilers. 2300 words.

Spoiler

the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
02.05.2013 , 05:49 PM | #2675
Oh my god this is awesome!!!
The Order of Sane Sith (with their auxilary unit of Sane Jedi).
Wynston actually getting out-secreted by Sev.
Mellekor with his billowing cape - very Sithy, milord, very Sithy.
Ananz and Mellekor and Sev with their Vettes (well Ananz and Mellekor actually just have one Vette between them, but still!)
Best part of the whole thing - Vierce's entrance. Loved it. Nalenne hitting on him - bonus!
*falls over laughing* Awesome!
---------------

bright_ephemera
02.05.2013 , 06:41 PM | #2676
Best part of the whole thing - Vierce's entrance. Loved it. Nalenne hitting on him - bonus!
*falls over laughing* Awesome!
Glad you enjoyed! Vierce suffered badly from the fact that I'm an Imperial girl.* Attendance turned out 4 Republic or heavily Repubic-friendly, 1 neutral, 8 Imp/Sith. Including my few other fic major characters and two thus-far-unmentioned game characters would've added one Jedi and four Imps (five with AU Cipher Nine)...my poor Vierce can't win, numerically speaking. At least he got out before Nalenne really got started

* Some boys try and some boys lie but
I don't let them play
Only boys from Dromund Kaas can
Make my rainy da-ay,
'cause they are living in an Imperial world
And I am an Imperial girl
You know that we are living in an Imperial world
And I am an Imperial girl!

*cough* I'm done.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
02.05.2013 , 08:38 PM | #2677
'cause they are living in an Imperial world
And I am an Imperial girl
You know that we are living in an Imperial world
And I am an Imperial girl!
*cough* I'm done.
You are an evil person. This is now stuck in my head.

Besides, you only have that imbalance because the Republic doesn't have Sith Warriors. Well, except for Scourge, and he's an NPC so he doesn't count.

bright_ephemera
02.06.2013 , 11:50 AM | #2678
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Besides, you only have that imbalance because the Republic doesn't have Sith Warriors. Well, except for Scourge, and he's an NPC so he doesn't count.
And you'll note that one of the two Republic classes I have a duplicate of, and the only Republic in-game-story class I have a duplicate of, is the one that gets Lord Scourge.

When totalled up across prose, play, and planning, I have as many Sith Warriors as Republic characters. And as many Imperial Agents as Republic characters. And the sum of Inquisitors and Bounty Hunters is equal to or greater than the sum of any two Republic classes put together. And yes, I play favorites. Upon reflection I'm kind of amazed that Vierce got a voice at all; his genesis was "eh, I should probably have a representative of this class."

Admit it, Miss Bright, you like having the reminder of what good people actually look like around.
Stop pimping your brother, Kirsk.
I'm just saying. Look at all that evil he isn't upholding!
I know, I know. And he will get to stomp the Empire. He'll get to face off against an Imperial PC over in the AU thread.
Right, that one where you killed his love interest? Was that really necessary?
AU is where I go to experiment with terrible fates for my characters.
...Can I apply to be removed from that thread?
Nope. Vierce is gonna need you.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
02.06.2013 , 02:26 PM | #2679
AU is where I go to experiment with terrible fates for my characters.
...Can I apply to be removed from that thread?
Nope. Vierce is gonna need you.
Hahahaha!! I'm so glad you included Vierce (and Kirsk) in your collection. I loves them
---------------

Striges
02.06.2013 , 05:34 PM | #2680
When totalled up across prose, play, and planning, I have as many Sith Warriors as Republic characters. And as many Imperial Agents as Republic characters. And the sum of Inquisitors and Bounty Hunters is equal to or greater than the sum of any two Republic classes put together.
Oo Oo story problem time!

Let R=total Republic characters
Let E=total Imperial characters (because I looks like a 1)
E sub W=number of Sith Warriors
E sub A=number of Imperial Agents

Then:

R=E sub W
R=E sub A
Therefore E sub W= E sub A
and
{Bounty Hunters+Inquisitors}>={Sum of any two Republic classes}

I think I need more variables, better set notation, and an actual number or two.