Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Striges
02.01.2013 , 07:13 PM | #2661
Morgani: Yay, Ipha! I like seeing some fallout from the earlier story, good or otherwise. So often we see recurring characters (TV is particularly bad about this) have some incredible, life changing experience in one episode then go right back to work the next day like nothing happened. We rarely get to see them recover, or have sleepless nights, or punch through walls, or whatever they need to do. Glad to see Ipha has concerned people around to help her deal with the situation.

And wow, compared to Tolkien, one of my favorite authors. *swoon*

bright_ephemera
02.01.2013 , 07:36 PM | #2662
Prompt day, "Bright's kind of lazy" edition!

Week of 2/1/2013
LF1M – Dating site profiles are full of the good, the bad, and the ugly. If your character got lonely and tired of his/her designated love interest, what profile would you write for them to submit to the HoloNet's matchmaking services?

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
02.02.2013 , 08:37 PM | #2663
Shenanigans happened over with the Lodestone AU, and to make a very, very long story short, I figured I would do a What If? that branches off RMC's main canon (so, not Lodestone-specific) just before Ruth and Wynston's class lines start. Here: What if one of Wynston's sisters was a (the?) bounty hunter and he ran into her? 3700 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Tatile
02.03.2013 , 04:25 PM | #2664
LF1M

Taking place before this thread , featuring Captain Gorse, Chief Engineer Shala Kairan and Lieutenant Rochester Windthorpe.

Spoiler

Gorse believes in keeping his officers grounded and undistracted. That doesn't mean he's good at it. He's joking when he threatens to have people demoted, of course. He hand picked Torbette (Chief of Security) and Kairan for his team, with Rochester shoved rather rudely onto his ship at the last minute.

I like to think of them as a bunch of very professional friends.

Also.
Spoiler

EverSteam
02.04.2013 , 02:31 AM | #2665
Just something I found on my computer unfinished and decided to kind of finish it. Hope you all enjoy it's pretty gosh darn mushy (or at least for me it is )

Prompt: NotL - Confessions/Affection
Class: Imperial Agent
Chapter two spoilers (Belsavis)
Words: 1000 ish

Spoiler

A/N:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
02.04.2013 , 08:15 AM | #2666
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Spoiler
Aw This is a miserable state of mind to be in.

Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
Spoiler
(potential Agent spoilers)
Spoiler

Now, maybe I didn't post this? I can't find it in the last few thread pages. It's Mellekor, in the part of the timeline that is Sith Warrior Act 3/endgame (so spoilers), just after he contacts Vette (who had left during Act 2) to warn her of the danger to, well, everyone he has ever allied himself with. Call it Catching Up. 950 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
02.04.2013 , 11:49 AM | #2667
With apologies for spamming again, here's LF1M with Wynston, Quinn, and Pierce Junior in the Ruth-Less timeline. Spoilers for the end state of Ruth Means Compassion, no game spoilers. 1000 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Tatile
02.04.2013 , 01:41 PM | #2668
Rylothian People's Front.

Good to see that Junior is still getting up to much mischief and ti's wonderful how Quinn seems to be so relaxed at all this meddling.

iamthehoyden
02.04.2013 , 03:18 PM | #2669
Tatile - the ice-cream eating binge was a great image, lol. I really am enjoying Gorse, fun character. And dating is a royal pain in the behind, poor Rochester.

Eversteam - Eeek!! Agent and Vector goodness!!!

Bright -
Quote:
they were a sophisticated association of high-functioning psychopaths
hahahaha
Such a sad little piece though, for Calline more than Wynston, to see a long-lost brother and then have him gone just as fast, wanting nothing to do with you. That would hurt.

I love Mellekor and Vette,and I'm really trying not to, cause I don't trust Mellekor not to do something awful (he's probably going to do something awful), but I still love them!

Wynston and Quinn and PJ - Quinn on a dating site!!! AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA!!!!!! "we chose to posit, for purposes of this profile, that you have friends" <snort>

(At some point I will get out of this non-posting funk and actually add to this thread instead of just reading. I promise!)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
02.04.2013 , 03:49 PM | #2670
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Tatile - the ice-cream eating binge was a great image, lol. I really am enjoying Gorse, fun character. And dating is a royal pain in the behind, poor Rochester.
I imagine that they're sitting on a giant tube filled with violent, coursing energy, kicking their heels and eating ice-cream out of the tub, while ignoring all their responsibilities and b*tching about all the people they've slept with. Then a midshipman leads Gorse in, points at them and Gorse just shakes his head and tells them to get back to work once they've run out of Chunky Monkey.