Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
01.23.2013 , 05:16 PM | #2611
Morgani! Oh my goodness, what a cool perspective! Usually our Jedi characters have powerful connections to the Force since that's what comes with the JK and JC storylines. I loved that this is from a character that has limitations there and finds other ways to do things. *vows to track down Morgani's tumblr *
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
01.23.2013 , 08:12 PM | #2612
@Morgani I second hoyden, More of that! A lot more if possible. Love it.

bright_ephemera
01.23.2013 , 09:00 PM | #2613
@Morgani That is a wonderfully interesting start that opens all kinds of possibilities. Please do direct us to any tumblr you make.

Now for something sort of silly: Disguises. Mellekor!verse. I'm afraid it skips past a significant interaction chunk, but this idea demanded writing. Spoilers for Vette's Act 1 personal quest. This one's hefty, at 3500 (!) words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
01.23.2013 , 09:30 PM | #2614
More interesting characters, bright??? I love this, I really really do Ananz is completely intriguing.
---------------

bright_ephemera
01.24.2013 , 12:35 PM | #2615
My brain process for the previous story will here be dramatized by Cynical Rakghoul Engineer , Attention-Seeking Jawa , Earnest but Inexpert Academic , and Extremely Flaky Creative Mind :

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
01.24.2013 , 12:56 PM | #2616
Ahaha, Bright, you need to listen to the Jawa and Walker in future, they're the best

iamthehoyden
01.24.2013 , 01:39 PM | #2617
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Ahaha, Bright, you need to listen to the Jawa and Walker in future, they're the best
^ This. (Also, I laughed enough during that bit that I have tears and aftershock giggles )
---------------

Vesaniae
01.24.2013 , 07:04 PM | #2618
So, I randomly ended up leaving my well-beaten path and venturing into a different universe entirely, with a different set of characters running around and doing all those class story things. I'm not sure if anything more will ensue from this piece, but I figured I might as well post because hey, why not?

I present NotLP - Sisterhood, featuring Sith Warrior Lyshara Vrine, and Imperial Agent Lynet Vrine. Contains no explicit spoilers, although some small reference is made to That Thing We All Write About from SW ch 3. Also, there is a paragraph of what I suppose is a fairly graphic description of an individual who has been subjected to severe violence. Caveat lector.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

MilaniGrey
01.24.2013 , 07:15 PM | #2619
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
So, I randomly ended up leaving my well-beaten path and venturing into a different universe entirely, with a different set of characters running around and doing all those class story things. I'm not sure if anything more will ensue from this piece, but I figured I might as well post because hey, why not?

I present NotLP - Sisterhood, featuring Sith Warrior Lyshara Vrine, and Imperial Agent Lynet Vrine. Contains no explicit spoilers, although some small reference is made to That Thing We All Write About from SW ch 3. Also, there is a paragraph of what I suppose is a fairly graphic description of an individual who has been subjected to severe violence. Caveat lector.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
..wow.
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.24.2013 , 07:59 PM | #2620
Ves, I loved the intersplicing of the two timelines. Really well done.
---------------