Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
01.22.2013 , 12:24 PM | #2601
Alternate perspectives! Technically the prompt is 'do a scene you've published before from a new perspective,' but I'm going to rebel and publish a new scene from two different points of view. So we have stuff for Mellekor and Vette. No plot spoilers.

Vette, 1000 words:
Spoiler

Mellekor, 900 words:
Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
01.22.2013 , 02:12 PM | #2602
@Iryfindel I liked this take on the Corso romance starter. I wish they'd had a better starting point than drunken gunplay.

@bright_ephemera Yay for Vette! I do wonder what Vette would do if you freed her but otherwise behaved as a Sithy-Sith. I like your solution and yeah, I don't think Mellekor has much to offer her but part of me is still a hopeless romantic.

iamthehoyden
01.22.2013 , 03:20 PM | #2603
bright, I don't know what it is....oh wait, scratch that...bt3 Sith with a sense of honor...blast it, I had no shot at not liking this guy did I? Anyway....
"Sentiment, Sith-style. You know, you have the tiniest, best-hidden soft side of anybody I've ever met." - Great line.
It makes sense that Vette's strength of will and sense of self would lead her to cut ties. I have to agree with kabe, though...hopeless romantic here
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
01.22.2013 , 07:23 PM | #2604
Mellekor is a bad man, and he's one I envisioned as a permanent loner because, well, he thinks he's too good for everyone who isn't a dark scheming Sith of equal or greater power, and while dark scheming Sith of great power might be argued to mate for life they only qualify by averaging a very, very short post-mating life. Um, where was I? Right, also I'm not a very good romantic. But the conditions of this universe being what they are, certain events are nigh inevitable, such as something resembling Loyalty and Betrayal. Spoilers for Sith Warrior Act 3; 1000 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
01.22.2013 , 08:41 PM | #2605
I kind of feel bad for squelching creativity.

Mellekor and Vette's perspectives are both interesting here. Vette, "Different reasons aren't always better reasons" realizing she doesn't want to follow him down his path. Melkor, "choose the objective, take advantage of standing debts and promises, pull it off cleanly without making the fight bigger than it had to be" viewing her move from an ultimate practical side.

Mellekor and Vette having the inevitable Darth Malgus/Eleena Daru conversation will probably end the same way, I'm afraid. For much the same reasons.

On another note, I know I am soooo behind on replies. I am a terrible summarizer. My 'story so far' is taking ages to whittle down. I am reading, just taking too long on comentary

kabeone
01.22.2013 , 08:46 PM | #2606
NotLP: Stomping Grounds/Behind the Scenes

Spoilers for IA Chapter 2 and 3

Takes place in the Grey years where Remi is no longer a Jedi. References to this story and this story.

Part 1: Echoes and Ghosts
Spoiler

Part 2: End of the Test
Spoiler

@bright_ephemera
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Spoiler
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......

bright_ephemera
01.23.2013 , 09:52 AM | #2607
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
I kind of feel bad for squelching creativity.
Ahh, don't. Think of it as being so awesome at one combination of elements that I feel gently encouraged to go handle things that involve none of those elements, rather than trying to give a recognizable subset (lawful evil m!War) of the good stuff a cut-rate treatment. At least, that was the idea in my neglecting Mellekor before had to go all dealing-with-Vette on me...

*irrepressible*

kabe, I love the look into Grey's contact with that other former Jedi...so many secrets in those years. So many! And I'm beyond delighted that you hooked in that incredible Lena one-shot.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.23.2013 , 03:44 PM | #2608
bright - Mellekor is just intriguing. Very natural reaction to Quinn's shenanigans. ...and on the inevitable conversation, I have to echo kabe...
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......
Creativity! Find a more creative way to deal with that situation than some other Sith-who-shall-be-nameless, Mellekor! Gah...it's hopeless, isn't it? lol

kabe - Remi's life as Grey is interesting, and I thought the tie in with Tython was really good. Not something I'd considered.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Morgani
01.23.2013 , 04:50 PM | #2609
I'm enjoying all the Story So Fars! I ought to do one for the Kodrevas clan but I'm working on something else. More on that in a minute.

Iryfindel: I remember that conversation. My smug was more amused than annoyed. I really liked your take on Corso's blunder and the sexy way he can find his confidence. I really should like Corso more.

bright_ephemera: I almost wish I didn't know about the Quinncident. I would love to play my FemWar all the way through, falling in love with Quinn, and being blindsided. At the same time, I totally want to play my M!War in a way that has him totally not buying Quinn's presence and loathing him from the get go. But, I do know, and this is how I could see it playing out. However, I am in agreement with hoyden. You need a SithWar 12 step program, <3

Also, on Mellekor and Vette, if you do decide to pursue his story, he's lost something precious. One day he'll realize and people will die. Sad.

Kabe: Incredible storytelling. I'll never tire of the twists and turns you think up using characters we met for three minutes. Bravo.

So. I created a Tumblr account and Kabe advised me to use it for things that aren't only following her. So I've decided to write a fan fic that doesn't have to do with the 8 storylines by way of the main characters. I'm going to use the Tumblr account to post the story with screenies from the game. This is just a teaser, falling into the category of The Story so Far. ><

Spoiler

Yay, writing.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Tatile
01.23.2013 , 04:55 PM | #2610
Morgani, that was actually rather sad in a way. I'd like to read more.

I also have a tumblr but it will be for things which cannot be posted on the forums because reasons ._.