Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
01.20.2013 , 12:45 PM | #2591
The Story So Far

I can't do anything like a normal person and when I tried to summarize the story I just ended up rambling. So here's the different parts of the Remi the Grey continuity from the perspectives of various characters. The summaries contain stuff from the Remi the Grey thread the Tales from Remi's Galaxy thread and here.

Heavy on Jedi Knight spoilers and while Remi the Grey has a number of Agent and SW spoilers this Story So Far does not.

Timeline Summary Up to the End of Remi's JK Class Story as told by Doc
Takes place around the timing of this story: Math: Rules of Inference

Spoiler

Timeline Summary Up to the End of Remi the Grey Part 1 as told by Remi
Takes place just before this story Catching Up

Spoiler

Timeline Summary Up to the End of Remi the Grey Part 2 Featuring Pierce
Takes place just after this story: A Good Day

Spoiler

Timeline Summary Up to the End of what I have for SFC (minus Lord Grey which is almost completely separate so I won't go there) Featuring Scourge
Takes place just after this story: The Night Herald and the Jedi ( Astrid, Koa )

Spoiler

Don't forget you can look at your own and everyone else's stories in chronological order here. Also, PLEASE PM me if I get something wrong with your continuity or if I missed a piece. It is no trouble to update and I want to get it right!

Irrissa
01.20.2013 , 02:50 PM | #2592
Prompt:The Story So Far

I timidly adventured into the Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread some months ago with a small bit on a character that I had not really entertained writing about at all. The prompt: Ceremonies though, triggered a story idea for one of my characters and well..... Here I am and here are the characters I have introduced into the SFC.

I am not one for timelines and such, so I have no idea where this all fits in the chronology of the ingame story lines. I just write the ideas that spill out of my head and hope others enjoy them. So here is a little background on each one I have written about to date. (though there are more that are asking for attention, I keep telling them to shush, I don't have time for them yet lol)

Kabe has done a good job of putting the stories in Chronological order here, and it is quite accurate so that saves me that.

Minalde – Jedi Sage.

Spoiler

Randall – Jedi Shadow

Spoiler

There is also a What If story about Randall & Minalde where they are Sith that I have plans to write as an Alternate Universe story someday.

Cielle – Bounty Hunter (Mercenary)

Spoiler

Irrissa – Imperial Agent

Spoiler

Rissa – Sith Inquistior (Sorcerer)

Spoiler

Cleindori – Jedi Knight (Sentinel)

Spoiler
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

bright_ephemera
01.21.2013 , 02:14 AM | #2593
Irrissa's lovely The Story Thus Far had some physical descriptions such as I keep neglecting, and it inspired/shamed me...so here, in a hideously long list, is the look and style of my OCs.

RMC:
Spoiler

NDOW:
Spoiler

Vierce:
Spoiler

Poor orphaned Mellekor:
Spoiler

Here is a gallery. Otherwise these people are gathered in four cast pics (I lumped Vierce and Ruth together for mug shots and a wider view, then Nalenne's crew got their own with wider scene). Then an old alignment chart (developed long before Wynston's character came to life, with Ruth placed by her average over time) features Mellekor in the lower left.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Iryfindel
01.21.2013 , 09:26 AM | #2594
It's been a long time since I've posted anything. Sadly my studies don't leave me much spare time and too often I end up reading all of your wonderful stories until my time runs out. I'm going to try to comment more often, it seem so rude to thoroughly enjoy reading all your stories without leaving a note!

This is a short 900 words fluff piece that I wrote when I found out I unknowingly killed my smuggler's romance with Corso. Most ridiculous go/no go I have ever seen. Again, I apologize in advance for my newness to writing and my less-than-perfect grasp on the English language. Hopefully it'll improve with practise.

Prompt: Canned Responses for Night of the Living Dead
Title: Farmboys
Characters: Eiira (Smuggler), Corso Riggs
Spoilers: Some minor Smuggler: Prologue spoilers, as well as a spoiler for an early Corso romance conversation.

Spoiler

Authors Note:

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
01.21.2013 , 09:41 AM | #2595
Quote: Originally Posted by Iryfindel View Post
Spoiler
Iryfindel, I love this. I have a dazzling and very loud array of problems with Corso's romance, and I so very much prefer to believe that your version is true.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.21.2013 , 09:44 AM | #2596
Quote: Originally Posted by Iryfindel View Post
Prompt: Canned Responses for Night of the Living Dead
Title: Farmboys
Authors Note:

Spoiler
I loved this, and you're absolutely right! Much much better play through
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
01.21.2013 , 03:02 PM | #2597
At the risk of inventing a fifth Sith Warrior…it's just a one-shot and as soon as this idea popped into my head I had to play with it. Turning Points for Sith Warrior Auresse. SW Act 3 spoilers. 1200 words.

Spoiler

Notes, also with spoilers:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.21.2013 , 03:47 PM | #2598
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Notes, also with SW spoilers:
Spoiler
Briiiight, I'm sure there is a 12-step SW Addiction program somewhere. Just sayin'
---------------

bright_ephemera
01.21.2013 , 04:03 PM | #2599
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Briiiight, I'm sure there is a 12-step SW Addiction program somewhere. Just sayin'
If that were true, this forum would be a much different and possibly much quieter place.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
01.22.2013 , 09:15 AM | #2600
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
If that were true, this forum would be a much different and possibly much quieter place.
You're probably right. *Hides program flyers behind back in the name of MOAR CONTENT*
---------------