Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CastonFolarus
01.12.2013 , 12:30 AM | #2541
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Tabs don't stay in the formatting. Please add an extra space between paragraphs for ease of reading.
Ah. Gotcha. Done. Thx for the tip.

Isoviel
01.12.2013 , 07:41 AM | #2542
Hi everyone! This is another Ennaly story. Its short just 230 words.

Prompt: Goals and Ambitions

Spoiler

Author notes:
Spoiler

Tatile
01.12.2013 , 09:04 AM | #2543
This was going to be What's in a Name? but my muse went NOPE LOL and so it just barely fits in with Discovery.

Rochester and Broan, taking place in the timeline after New Paths.

Spoiler

Notes:
Yeah, that last item of "exceptional beauty"? It's not his.

iamthehoyden
01.12.2013 , 12:38 PM | #2544
Ves - A'tro is such an interesting character. I think I've mentioned before, but she's very Sithy in the way she values strength and not being seen as weak. And Quinn not quite knowing what to do and erring on the side of cold - typical, lol.

EverSteam - An unexpected piece to her. Nice

Irrissa - Nice contrast between Pub and Imp. And returning NPCs! Always fun

Bright - Vierce being prodded into admitting Elara is okay by family was just funny. Him telling her to be quiet at the spaceport - you coward Vierce. The progress is fabulous, very awkward and stumbling so when there is a bright spot it really shines.

CastonFolarus - Welcome to the thread! I like your bounty hunter and you really got the voices of the crew down. Good stuff! Boy, we sure are on a bounty hunter kick lately hehe

Isoviel - Girl doesn't think small, lol. Big goals there.

Tatile - D'awww the heart-pounding 'does he like me' stage, very cute
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Irrissa
01.12.2013 , 06:51 PM | #2545
NoTLP: Prompt – First Impressions

Introducing Cleindori – Jedi Knight * Spoilers for JK class story Balmorra *

*Cleindori is a Mirialan, she strictly follows the Jedi code and its accompanying tenets. Having been raised as most Mirialans to believe her actions bear directly on her and her peoples destiny she is very conservative in her behavior and is always very focused on her assigned tasks.*

Spoiler
*Rissa (60 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (60 Sage)* Aubrei (60 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

bright_ephemera
01.13.2013 , 05:53 AM | #2546
Well, ladies and gentlemen, we are up over 700 stories in this thread!

CastonFolarus, welcome to the thread! This may be the first time I've ever seen Skadge get a treatment slightly more eloquent than a wrecking ball. Zasch's character background is really cool, and the depth of her partnership with Torian shows in every paragraph.

Isoviel...oh, Corso. You are such an innocent.

Tatile, is it bad that I wondered how much of Rochester's smile was satisfaction at maneuvering into place? I don't think his motivation was all sweetness and personal concern at this point.

Irrissa, a sheltered Jedi really would be taken aback at Doc..."attitude and questionable background, indeed." Cleindori, you poor poor creature.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Tonxix
01.13.2013 , 08:57 AM | #2547
Character Creation
This is a story about the galaxy I created for my characters. I believe that character creation is the most awsome thing ever. So today I've decided to write describing the details of my first character of the series: Jedi Ton-xix; the first true jedi shadow & the rumored myth of the force overlord. *Im latin, so probably I won't be an excelent writer. "

Spoiler

Magdalane
01.13.2013 , 12:40 PM | #2548
Prompt: Goals and Ambitions
Miriah and Corso, minor spoilers for ch 3 smuggler class story

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Striges
01.13.2013 , 01:13 PM | #2549
Massive incoming wall of replies. Playing catchup again:

@ Iamthehoyden: Hard to say who’s the least objectionable fiance-love interest here, Scourge or Crae. I can just see Crae with a little crocodile smile, watching the rest of Skari’s family. I nominate Kabeone to chibi this scene, since it just screams for chibi-ness.

And speaking of Kabeone: For the record, Schehe’pou’larane is too long to fit in the character name space. Clear evidence of Bioware’s Human-centric bias and discrimination toward the Chiss. (consular spoilers)
Spoiler

@ Bright: The more I read about Vierce, the more I like him. Warts and all. Something about the way you write him and all his friends, as well as the Trooper crew feels very natural. Like a window into the lives of real people. I really love the whole gang.

@ Vesaniae: Again, interesting to see both perspectives here. Quinn’s view is one we often ignore, so I enjoyed seeing some of the fallout from his side.

@ Irrissa: Cielle’s journey was a long one. It was nice to see her views on the Republic and her choices. Especially liking Kaas city for its government-imposed order, and disliking Coruscant for unofficial imposed order.

Cleindori seeing straight through Doc’s exterior and installing a new lock on her quarters. Priceless.

@ CastonFelorus: Welcome to the thread! I liked exploring Zasch’s backstory. And as others have said, you have the crew voices down wonderfully. Well done and a good read.

@ Isoviel: Ennaly’s nothing if not ambitions. With Corso, I’m waiting with bated breath for the “Tell you when we get off Belsavis” story.

@ Tatile: I love, love Broan in the awkward stage. That hesitant, waiting-by-the-telephone stage. Hanging up before dialing the last number. Very sweet. It really feels like watching two people fall in love.

@ Tonxix: Welcome to another new contributor! Your piece reads a bit like the codex entries, and that’s always a good starting point. I have respect for anyone writing in a non-native language; it must be difficult.

@ Magdalane: More Miriah and Corso . It was sweet that Corso knew her emotional state if not the reason for it, and then had a hard time taking his own advice.

Striges
01.13.2013 , 02:34 PM | #2550
Prompt: Stomping Grounds, with Good/Bad Memories figuring prominently.

Title: Jurial’s Memory of Courscant

Character: Jurial, Jedi Consular (and a brief appearance by Qyzen)

Spoilers for early Consular story. Sort of.

Notes:
Spoiler

Spoiler