Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vesaniae
01.11.2013 , 07:57 PM | #2531
I wrote this way back when Like No One's Watching was the current prompt, which would be...the first week of September. Wow. Anyway, it took me all this time to finally decide that yes, I wanted to post this piece. I suppose that it might fit a bit better under some other prompt, but I'm going to keep it with the one it was originally written for because...because I can.

So, here goes. Night of the Living Prompt - Like No One's Watching. Features A'tro and Quinn, takes place during some unspecified interlude of time in the middle of Afterimages. I never did stick a date on this thing. Probably some time between the first and second arcs, for those who have a) read my fic and b) care.

And now, our feature presentation! I should probably mention that there are spoilers within, for that delightful part of SW ch 3 that we all just have to write about!

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

MilaniGrey
01.11.2013 , 08:07 PM | #2532
Right in the feels..
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
01.11.2013 , 08:49 PM | #2533
Super late reply storm

@LogicLoup I loved the first version of Maneera's story seeing it from all 3 perspectives was very neat. It also shows no matter what you see, what someone is feeling or thinking may be completely different.

@Striges Ugh Master Yuon, I just can't like her at all. She hid so much and no one benefited from it. Argl and that was my opinion before your piece One thing I never thought of though was how distracted she was by her own problems that she couldn't focus on helping her padawan the way she probably should have. I do love Jurial though, his philosophical bent is wonderful to read about.

... and Hepoul is infuriating. He's like a little microcosm of everything wrong with the Empire but doesn't realize it.

@QwibQwib poor briel o.O

@Irrissa I love how protective Randall always seems to have been. I would love to read more about them in any universe alternate or otherwise (not hinting... ok maybe a little)

@Fino *snerk* new clothes... *snerk*

@iamthehoyden Hilarious and so very Quinn Use number #987234 for Lord Scourge: "Make almost any other boyfriend look like a good choice."

@bright_ephemera
Quote:
"You two." The Cathar shook his head. "Havoc Squad is set for life."
foreshadowing? or has the romance started already?

Edit:

@Ves poor stiff upper lip Imperials

EverSteam
01.11.2013 , 09:18 PM | #2534
Hello again
Though I don't comment much, I am reading everything and loving everything.

Prompt: Behind the Scenes
Class: Bounty Hunter
Words: 250ish
No spoilers.

Just a very short piece of what my BH is doing 'behind the scenes' in my fanfic The Life That's Left when she isn't... well, grieving, killing or destroying I suppose.

Spoiler

Irrissa
01.11.2013 , 09:48 PM | #2535
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesaniae View Post
I wrote this way back when Like No One's Watching was the current prompt, which would be...the first week of September. Wow. Anyway, it took me all this time to finally decide that yes, I wanted to post this piece. I suppose that it might fit a bit better under some other prompt, but I'm going to keep it with the one it was originally written for because...because I can.

So, here goes. Night of the Living Prompt - Like No One's Watching. Features A'tro and Quinn, takes place during some unspecified interlude of time in the middle of Afterimages. I never did stick a date on this thing. Probably some time between the first and second arcs, for those who have a) read my fic and b) care.

And now, our feature presentation! I should probably mention that there are spoilers within, for that delightful part of SW ch 3 that we all just have to write about!

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

This was great Ves. Would have fit well with the Perspective prompt too. I could feel how lonely each one was
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

Irrissa
01.11.2013 , 11:21 PM | #2536
Prompt – Stomping Grounds.
Sorry for the lateness from last weeks prompt. I can't believe its Friday again already

Featuring Cielle, Bounty Hunter Very minor BH Spoiler for end of story.

For some context you can see why these are Cielle's stomping grounds from this story -Not My Choice

Spoiler
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

bright_ephemera
01.12.2013 , 12:06 AM | #2537
ee, Friday rush!

First, feedback:
Spoiler

This Night of the Living Prompt: Allies piece occurs immediately after Vierce finishes Act 1 break. No spoilers. 800 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
01.12.2013 , 12:21 AM | #2538
*back with a vengeance* Vierce's Stomping Grounds piece occurs during the post-Act 1 break and contains spoilers for Trooper Act 1 and some early Dorne conversations. Dammit, I almost had a prompt out on time and then Friday happened. Ah, well. 1600 words.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

CastonFolarus
01.12.2013 , 12:21 AM | #2539
Well, this is my first contribution to this thread, so correct me if I'm doing something wrong. This one was done a late-night writing binge, so I hope you can ignore any writing errors. It's a Zombie of the Stomping Grounds prompt. Figured someone should respond to that one, and I didn't see anything for it. And my FemBH seemed to fit the bill.

Things you need to know about her: Her name's Zasch, she's married to Torian, but is NOT a Mandolorian(thinks they are a little silly), and she's mostly lightside. Mostly.

Spoiler

irishfino
01.12.2013 , 12:27 AM | #2540
Quote: Originally Posted by CastonFolarus View Post
Well, this is my first contribution to this thread, so correct me if I'm doing something wrong. This one was done a late-night writing binge, so I hope you can ignore any writing errors. It's a Zombie of the Stomping Grounds prompt. Figured someone should respond to that one, and I didn't see anything for it. And my FemBH seemed to fit the bill.
Tabs don't stay in the formatting. Please add an extra space between paragraphs for ease of reading.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!