Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
01.02.2013 , 05:22 PM | #2501
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Alternative Perspectives, which will make more sense if you read this first.

Spoiler
Tatile, this delighted me beyond words. So, er, feel free to substitute words on how much I liked this POV from a superior who had been strikingly interesting even from Rochester's perspective.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
01.02.2013 , 05:30 PM | #2502
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Tatile, this delighted me beyond words. So, er, feel free to substitute words on how much I liked this POV from a superior who had been strikingly interesting even from Rochester's perspective.
It's kind of weird, pretty much all of my male characters are these cuddly, emotionally vulnerable individuals who kind of require each other to stand up, let alone walk, but when I write my female characters they're all like:

Screw this, I'm amazing!

And push the boys off their chairs so they can steal their seat.

Also, my first time seriously writing First Person. I was thinking of what to do for this prompt and that short was the one that really stuck out in my mind. She was fun to write back then, but more fun this time around.

kabeone
01.02.2013 , 05:32 PM | #2503
@Tatile I enjoyed every word of this and read it before the original passage just to see if I would recognize it. I recognized it right away (hilarious!) and it makes me wish for more things from this woman's perspective. You gave those academy trainers far more personality that I had thought to give them credit for. <3

QwibQwib
01.02.2013 , 05:39 PM | #2504
@Tatile, Let's be honest, your women are pretty awesome. The world can always use more strong female characters.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

iamthehoyden
01.02.2013 , 06:27 PM | #2505
Striges - "Would there be enough time, she wondered, to share it all? Was she selfish to hope there would be? Was she pushing too hard, trying to to make the most of the limited time she had remaining?"
This makes Yuon make so much more sense on Tython.

QwibQwib - Briel Blast it, that's not sad enough. I need an emoticon that is tears rocking in a corner. Ugh, I just want to hug him and make sure he's warm and dry and away from evil Sith.

Tatile - omg that was awesome. "Seriously, kid, stop, you're making me feel bad for getting shot." Seriously awesome "Did I f*cking stutter?" And more awesomeness upon awesomeness.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
01.03.2013 , 09:08 AM | #2506
@ Tatile: I remembered the earlier piece well. Opened your link and knew it with the first sentence. The Major was an interesting character even before--I loved the scene from her perspective this time. Still so matter-of-fact. Mad at everyone. I'm sure her underlings weren't meant to be funny--in Rochester's perspective they certainly weren't--but her attitude toward them as nearly incompetent made them so. Also: "We're all slaves to the Empire here. Learn your place." Prophetic.

@ QuibQuib: Oh Briel. Definitely needs some hugs (and a credit card, or at least a prepaid long-distance holonet card). And proxy hugs to his author--I hope things look better for you soon.

I figure the legal status of an escaped slave (particularly non-human) in the Empire would be analogous to something between an illegal immigrant and a stolen car.

Yuon says she had the Consular's training "all planned out so carefully", and the rest is from Qyzen's remark at the very end of the Tython quest line. I don't know that she's so much distracted, or focused on her own problems, as aware that events are out of her control and that she has no way of stopping or slowing them, no matter how much she might want or need to.

Morgani
01.03.2013 , 11:31 AM | #2507
I haven't written anything in a long time, but I liked the Alternate Perspective prompt so much that I found inspiration and rewrote my What's in a Name post starring Tess'iri and Zenith.

So, spoilers for Consular Balmorra and some Zenith class quests. I also made some stuff up for Zenith to give him an appropriately tragic background.

I've been enjoying everyone's work while I took a break from the game and my fan fics. I'm hoping I can get back into the rhythm of this place again.

Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

iamthehoyden
01.03.2013 , 02:04 PM | #2508
Morgani!! Oh it's so good to see you again!! And you come with gifts of Zenith! This makes me very happy
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
01.03.2013 , 02:10 PM | #2509
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Morgani!! Oh it's so good to see you again!! And you come with gifts of Zenith! This makes me very happy
^^^
Hoyden beat me to it! welcome back (or hello again) Morgani!

@Everyone (I'm reading your things and not ignoring.. I'll comment on everything later I just need to organize my thoughts and index :] )

Tatile
01.03.2013 , 03:39 PM | #2510
Morgani, so good to see you again! And Tess and Zenith, yay