Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Striges
12.30.2012 , 08:32 PM | #2481
It's one of my eight-year-old son's favorite movies. He loves the catbus and the bit with the O-Totoro and the umbrella.

Shortly I'll be able to share Mononoke, Nausicaa, and Howl's Moving Castle.

Vesaniae
12.30.2012 , 08:50 PM | #2482
Been a while since I posted anything here... I do read things, even if I'm too damn lazy to comment.

Anyway, here's a small piece that popped into my head today. Contains spoilers for and takes place immediately after the JK chapter one finale.

Edit: Eek, forgot to say this is for the Fame prompt.

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
12.30.2012 , 08:53 PM | #2483
Oh. My. Stars.

Hilarious, Ves!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

thatghost
12.30.2012 , 11:50 PM | #2484
Mandatory Unpleasantness
Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt: Mission Accomplished
Scourge + (briefly) Mirrigan

Spoiler
Author's Note:
Spoiler

Isoviel
12.31.2012 , 09:52 AM | #2485
Hi everyone!! This is the first story I've written about my sith inquisitor.
Prompt: Alternant Perspectives/ Affection
Spoilers: Sith Inquisitor act one spoilers.

Spoiler

Author notes:
Spoiler

kabeone
12.31.2012 , 11:19 AM | #2486
The Chronological Index should now be up to date (for the next five minutes )

Catching up on comments:

@QwibQwib Nice introduction to the SI, complete with sibling rivalry, that showdown will be interesting!

@MilaniGrey yay Alli! ... drugged out, sad Alli :b

@Tatile 2 things. First, UGH when people clean up your stuff and think it's an improvement. Do not touch! It's exactly as I want it to be!!!!! Second, UGH AGAIN that totally sounds like a real Imperial law and despite love and all that good stuff you would wonder how much of the attitude is ingrained in all citizens despite their individual levels of "alien tolerance." <3 Rochester and Broan you know that but I'm not sure I've said it lately!

@thatghost I am still snickering at the idea of someone in the swtor universe penning romance novels about Scourge... <_< >_> who would do that? (I would read that... I would also do that...) IA+Temple is rare, I was never able to like her as a companion, but I'd totally dig more of their story I got all the warm fuzzies !

@Isoviel Belated welcome to the thread. I love this introduction to your smuggler! I love the different ways people figure out how the smuggler shows up on the scene in a ship without a crew. I also love the touch on the kind of silly makeup options the customizer gives us. Edit to add: I love crazy Sith Inquisitor

@Striges I loved that last Laws and Governance so much, the descriptions were stunning, I had such a clear picture through the whole thing and eeeheehee Ensign Quinn . The Empire is so much more of a bastard than Rixik could ever be, I feel completely sorry for him... though taxidermy wookiee... O.O yuck.

@Irrissa Argh! Consular spoilers! I have to go level that... and BH.. argh!

@Vesaniae Hilarious

thatghost
12.31.2012 , 05:45 PM | #2487
@Tatile: Meh to Imperial laws. That sounds about right, too, and it just made me hate the Empire a tiny bit more (IA class story initially fostered that hatred). Broan has incredible self-restraint...I want to smash that droid...'tidying up' an artist's space is reprehensible.

@Irrissa: <3 : tea, cookies, comfy clothes and Miyazaki (my son loves Spirited Away- and so do I)

@Striges: But...but...everyone should have an agent, imvho
Spoiler

@Vesaniae: ROFL!!!
Spoiler
*clutching sides, mirth*

@Isoviel: Laughing again, it hurts! Mmmm "crunchy jedi"...oh ew, no Khem? Jealous of Andronikos?

@kabeone: Scourge's fault for drinking the tea (so would I, read that...how about a series of novels? not begging or anything *whistles, glances up* oh look a flutterplume!) Thank you I like Temple, more so than the other female IA crew member...yeah, her.

iamthehoyden
12.31.2012 , 07:16 PM | #2488
Isoviel - Poor Ennaly, make-up disasters are terrifying

Tatile - ugh Empire anti-alien laws <spits on Empire again>

Irrissa - Felix is so sweet, but Randall...num!

Ves - omg funny, Kira laughing at him the whole time was even better!

thatghost - hahaha! Scourge being sent on missions is always funny. Like using a bazooka to kill ants hehe. (And I would totally read that novel)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
12.31.2012 , 09:11 PM | #2489
@ Vesaniae: After JK Ch1 finale, it would be very difficult to remain anonymous. Kira’s impersonation of starstruck padawans was great; I can almost hear her.

@ Thatghost: Scourge. On a diplomacy mission. The mind boggles.
Spoiler
I really enjoy my agent, even if I’m taking forever leveling her.

@ Isoveil: Ah, nothing cheers up Khem like a favorite snack.

@ Kabeone: Well, he had to start somewhere. I do wish there was some sort of comprehensive guide to Imperial Military branches and rank structure. Quinn appears to be Navy though his rank progression suggests otherwise. Ensign Temple should be Navy given her rank, but she's not in anything resembling a naval assignment. Arrgh.

LogicLoup
12.31.2012 , 10:29 PM | #2490
Apologies for having gotten behind on commenting — the holidays have been kicking my butt round the block and back. Hopefully the seasonal crazy has sufficiently wound down now.

For this week's exercise in Alternate Perspectives, a pair of remixes for Field Trip.

Field Trip: Chaperone (Master Andren Senesca)
Spoiler

Field Trip: Interloper (Maneera Sindri)
Spoiler

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."