Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EverSteam
12.25.2012 , 05:40 PM | #2461
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Failure

Cutting Ties
bh - Skari and Gault
Spoiler
I laughed so very, very, very, very, very hard and long at this.
.... And then giggled like a helpless fan girl for just as long...

@Milani - I'm interested in your BH. (Let's face it, I just like BH ) Keep writing!

thatghost
12.25.2012 , 07:20 PM | #2462
Warm Corners
Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt (a mashup of As Time Goes By and Celebration)
IA + Raina Temple
Contains a brief non-class-specific spoiler for low-level Hutta

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

Isoviel
12.25.2012 , 07:50 PM | #2463
Alright...first time poster, long time reader. First I want to say the stories on this thread are amazing. Second I have no idea how to do the spoiler thing so huge wall of text incoming, sorry.

Night of the Living Prompt: Turning Point

Spoiler

Author notes:
Spoiler

irishfino
12.25.2012 , 08:17 PM | #2464
Quote: Originally Posted by Isoviel View Post
Alright...first time poster, long time reader. First I want to say the stories on this thread are amazing. Second I have no idea how to do the spoiler thing so huge wall of text incoming, sorry.
There's a cog that will spoiler selected text. Also the [ spoiler][ /spoiler] tags can be typed out (no spaces between the s and the bracket). Please use the cog or type out the spoiler tag.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
12.25.2012 , 08:24 PM | #2465
Ghost - that was really sweet Good to see your Cipher and Raina have managed to make it to retirement.

Isoviel, that was good, but your detail and exposition could use a little work. I know it likely sounds a bit harsh, but the latter parts where Ennaly loses her adoptive family felt a little rushed and the emotional impact was rather glossed over. Keep writing though and don't be scared to try out wildly different styles

Isoviel
12.26.2012 , 06:54 AM | #2466
Thank you for the comments and explaining the spoiler tags. The great stories and advice I on this thread finally convinced me to polish a story that was languishing in a notebook for a
time. Thank you for having this thread out there.

iamthehoyden
12.26.2012 , 09:54 AM | #2467
Milani - Alli's backstory is so
Kabe - <3 Remi <3 Scourge*
Thatghost - a Raina/IA story??? I don't believe I've seen one of these rare creatures before. They're so cute!
isoviel - welcome to the thread! Looking forward to learning more about your smuggler and why she's so terrified of the Jedi. If you want, you can edit your post and add in those spoiler tags. The edit button's in the top right corner of the post.*

By the way, autocorrect hates forum names lol
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

thatghost
12.26.2012 , 02:38 PM | #2468
The big 'ol awfully-frickin'-long catchup post, with smilies galore:

@irishfino: Awww, Vette and Ald I like- but Quinn...nope. No sympathy. He digs his pit, he dies in it ( or so I wish; yes, I am still bitter, even after more than six months since The Incident)

@Milani: Oooooh please do continue ("Tea Genius"? intrigued...)

@Tatile: A treatise (or fragment of a treatise) that didn't make my brain bleed. Lord Vizloch may not appreciate it but I certainly do

@QwibQwib: Valdr is- *shudder* that was horrific. I want to take about ten showers now. Appalling. Visceral repulsion. Evoking disgust = great writing.

@Hoyden: I really like your Gault. You've got his wit and dry sense of humor down 100% and then some; it would be wrenching if something awful happened to him thanks to a certain psychopath (kinda dreading that)...

@kabeone: Remi <3 and love the image of Kira and Rusk playing cards. But this:
Quote:
“It appears I need a keeper.”
that's priceless and I'm giggling all silly-like
Spoiler

@Isoviel: Like Hoyden, I'm curious as to why Ennaly has Jedi issues. That's going to haunt me, I hope you keep writing.
Spoiler

@Tatile & Hoyden: Thanks <3 Drakkach has mellowed in his golden years, no matter what Rhexi and Mirrigan might think and Raina...so bland in-game...just had to slap a personality on her

Striges
12.27.2012 , 12:40 AM | #2469
Prompt: Law and Governance

Character: Rixik (as Shen)

Chronology: roughly two years before Bread and Circuses.

Title: Judge and Jury

I wasn’t going to write a lot more of Rixik’s background. Most of it’s been mentioned already, and I’m a little more interested in Rixik vs. Andalar right now. But with “Law and Governance” as a prompt, I just had to flesh this out. No spoilers. Close to 3000 words.

Replies to stories incoming soon (I need more free time)!

Notes:
Spoiler

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
12.27.2012 , 04:53 AM | #2470
Striges - I don't usually feel bad for Rixik, but animate property. <spits on Empire>
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box