Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
12.20.2012 , 04:06 PM | #2431
QwibQwib - I like Briel. He does what he wants, but he's not mean about it. Very human for a Sith

Fino - Grumpy Vette has reason to be pissed the hell off. Wouldn't have blamed her if she'd left the whole mess.

Night of the Living Prompt: Communication

Cross Purposes
bh - Skari, Crae, and crew
no spoilers
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

iamthehoyden
12.20.2012 , 08:34 PM | #2432
Screw it, double post.
Screw it again, was going to wait, but what the hell.

NotLP: Dreams and Nightmares

Cages
bh - Skari and Crae
no spoilers
Spoiler
Author's Note:
Spoiler
---------------

EverSteam
12.20.2012 , 10:11 PM | #2433
@Hoyden:
Wow ... I'm disturbed... and that's not really that easy...
I don't know what to say apart from that... but maybe I have too much empathy because I feel more sorry for Crae than I probably should...
I liked it a lot though.
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Really hope it worked.
It did
----
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Yes and no. Then there's the refreshing-the-page-twelve-times-in-an-hour hoping someone commented and that they liked what you wrote. Or maybe that's just me
I'm so glad that's not just me
Though mine is more twelve times a minute till I realize I just wasted half an hour and figure I should actually write something or pay attention to real life.
Ack, these two, I'm all emotional over these two. Love Torian's comment about redheads hehe. And she hurts my heart, all pointy edges outside and vulnerable inside.
I'm glad you liked it. I was scared it wasn't good.

iamthehoyden
12.21.2012 , 09:43 AM | #2434
Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
@Hoyden:
Wow ... I'm disturbed... and that's not really that easy...
I don't know what to say apart from that... but maybe I have too much empathy because I feel more sorry for Crae than I probably should...
I liked it a lot though.
Woot for disturbing people! And I'm glad Crae is at least a little sympathetic. Glad you liked it!
---------------

thatghost
12.21.2012 , 01:24 PM | #2435
Woot for disturbing people! And I'm glad Crae is at least a little sympathetic. Glad you liked it!
I'm appalled at and sympathetic towards Crae. Yep. Disturbing. Truly disturbing and truly great I like, much.

(I'm behind again re: this thread it's been impossible for me to effectively juggle writing with reading with rl lately so I haven't been doing much reading and writing has been...grrrr never mind what writing has been like lol; since it's vacation now maybe I can pull it all together)

kabeone
12.21.2012 , 02:03 PM | #2436
Comment catchup

Spoiler
A+ on this... though very high on the disturbing creepy factor I did feel so sorry for Crae. It's not that he didn't love her, he just genuinely didn't know how. (Or at least that was my very forgiving interpretation).

I really did love this story. I hope to see Crae again, perhaps really far away from Skari

@Ereiniel there is always room for another Sith Warrior story, especially ones that give me new ways to humiliate Quinn, Captain Hot Pants indeed.

@almostinsane I liked your take on the SW/Vette interaction. Your Vette is a little more serious than I normally see but you can tell when she cares about something (like Twilek artifacts) she can be totally driven and serious so I don't see it as out of character at all. I too am curious about the SW's background, but I think BW leaves that to us to head-canon.

@Striges I can't real BH spoilers yet but yay for stuff about Jurial! He is different, I love how you make very thoughtful about everything he does. It's never enough to be told he did well or the mission was successful he has to analyse what it all means, all without that annoying vibe I get from the true LS Jedi Masters they shove into my storylines in-game. <3.

@QwibQwib A very belated welcome! Haha at drunken Sith, I wonder if he knew that Imperial Agents were trained to withstand a hard night out. About NPCs listening in on holo-calls I think there is little that Keeper hasn't seen or heard before. (I love Keeper very much, anything with Keeper in it gets a squee from me).

@EverSteam Ow. Your 'My First' prompt and really all of your writing is so packed with emotions. Hurts good but "ow."

Tatile
12.21.2012 , 03:16 PM | #2437
I knew he was bad D:< Good work on making it something of a surprise and wonderful execution. Crae's still creepy, but at least he's out of Skari's life for now, but wow, poor Skari.

bright_ephemera
12.21.2012 , 04:39 PM | #2438
Week of 12/21/2012:
Laws and Governance: Our characters pass through a huge number of jurisdictions with a huge variety of regulations, forms of government, fine print, and - eek - legal penalties. Write about an interaction your character has had with government and/or the legal system.
Failure: Our characters have flaws. They have bad days. They do it wrong. And sometimes they don't win. What failures have your characters experienced? What, if anything, did they learn from it?

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675 .
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

EverSteam
12.21.2012 , 08:43 PM | #2439
Prompt: Laws and Governance

Characters: Bounty hunter Leer and Gault

Words: 800ish

No spoilers. Set on Nar Shaddaa at no particular point in the story line.
I was most likely inaccurate in my descriptions of the law but oh well.

Spoiler

MilaniGrey
12.22.2012 , 01:22 AM | #2440
Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
Prompt: Laws and Governance

Characters: Bounty hunter Leer and Gault

Words: 800ish

No spoilers. Set on Nar Shaddaa at no particular point in the story line.
I was most likely inaccurate in my descriptions of the law but oh well.

Spoiler
I love your bounty hunter. I really do.
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, ┴illeacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!