Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
12.14.2012 , 05:39 PM | #2391
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@Tatile, well done. I was assuming that he was just uncomfortable because, well, Jedi, conservative, inexperienced, guilty about being there in the first place. And then it turned into something wrenching
I was late, I couldn't do something nice

Ereiniel
12.14.2012 , 08:13 PM | #2392
Night of the Living Prompt: What’s In A Name?

As if there weren’t already enough of these, but I just had to. Introducing Catheryn (Eryn), Sith warrior and eldest of the four Girard sisters. With everyone’s favorite whipping boy/lust object – you know who I’m talking about – and Vette. Some spoilers for the end of SW Balmorra. 900 words.

--

Captain Hot Pants
Spoiler

Author's Notes:
Spoiler
The Girard Legacy The Shadowlands
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
12.14.2012 , 10:02 PM | #2393
@ Irissa: Fun screenshots/stories. I like how you put together a story around the event.

On a related note, anyone here active on The Harbinger server? I know I’m one of the few left-coasties here, but my husband is trying the game again so we’re looking for a guild.

@ Tatile: Poor Broan, on the most awkward double-date ever. I felt so bad for him, both for the uncomfortable venue and Jothar’s coldness at the end.

@ Ereiniel: I liked how your character is related to the others we met in game. There’s no reason they can’t be related across faction lines. And Captain Hot Pants—oh dear. Quinn would be mortified.

@ Irishfino: Interesting first impressions, especially given how their story goes later.

@ Hoyden: I’m reading through Crae’s analysis, waiting for the almost-inevitable ‘and then I killed them all’ ending. Seriously, even when he might be being nice, he’s scary. Totally with Skari here.

Andalar not participating in the Great Hunt is mostly character, partly practical. He wouldn’t have gone for the last target in Act 1. Andalar’s player said as much at the time, though obviously in-game you don’t get that option. But for fic purposes Rixik and Andalar can’t both be the “canon” Bounty Hunter from the game story. I have to decide who did what, and work around continuity corners I painted myself into. See: House Rist.

@ Kabeone: Scourge and Remi are great under any circumstances. Scourge adrift—waking up one day and realizing your life’s purpose is fulfilled. It does make you wonder what he would do.

iamthehoyden
12.15.2012 , 11:29 AM | #2394
Quote:
@ Hoyden: I’m reading through Crae’s analysis, waiting for the almost-inevitable ‘and then I killed them all’ ending. Seriously, even when he might be being nice, he’s scary. Totally with Skari here.
Yeah, Crae's never easy on the nerves. Guy may look human but his brain doesn't quite work that way lol.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

almostinsane
12.15.2012 , 01:57 PM | #2395
I have to say that I absolutely love these little stories. I apologize for not posting, but the forums wouldn't let me post until recently. Don't worry. I will have a ficlet of my own up soon enough.

almostinsane
12.15.2012 , 08:17 PM | #2396
Prompt: Night of the Living Prompt: Bad Memories

Characters: Xerxes (Human Sith Warrior) and Vette

Spoiler

Spoiler

Striges
12.16.2012 , 02:23 AM | #2397
Prompt: First Day on the Job

Character: Jurial (JC)

Title: Sink or Swim

Spoilers for Esseles flashpoint, mention of Jedi Consular Tython story, as well as general mission on Tython.

Notes:
Spoiler

(edit)Jurial's Picture.

Spoiler

Tatile
12.16.2012 , 09:15 AM | #2398
I need to do shout-outs! I'm terrible at talking to people, but never fear, I will do so!
Edit: I think I've covered most people. If I've missed you, slap me.

Kabe: It says a lot about the Chancellor and his speeches that people can get drunk to them. Also, coupling this short with the Seasons one, Scourge's immortality becomes ever more a looming shadow over his happiness. That, even if he could remove the restraints on his ability to feel, he would still have an everlasting numbness.

Striges: Is it vanity or arrogance that makes Rixik keep that scar? I imagine that in the Star Wars universe there would be ways and means of removing or replacing such obvious identifiers, either way it's an interesting thought. Might I also say that it warms my heart to see that even Rixik holds Skadge in contempt, even if it is for entirely different reasons?
- I love Jurial. Your use of the first person really allows a much deeper insight into his mind and philosophies than could have been achieved using the third person, or at least not quite as naturally. His analysis of his position in the universe and the Force is a perfect example of a more fundamental difference between Jedi and Sith than which side of the Force they use.

Ereiniel: Quinn would want to enforce a dress code for Sith, but I do agree with him about the impracticalities of wearing a midriff showing garment, regardless of one's attunement to the Force.

Insane: I think you have Vette down pat: she's outspoken, but empathic. She believes in an amount of openness and truth between family (and the Sith Warrior is family, even my Dark Warrior treated Vette like a sister), but understands there are lines and things you don't press, even if she does have a tendency to accidentally tread on them. Your Warrior's background also demonstrates further the problems with the Sith's (and in some ways Imperial) will to power and how it blinds and destroys them (even if his father had reproduced with the Pureblood woman, there's not a 100% guarantee that the child would be Force Sensitive.)

Loyalty

Spoiler

Note:
I have a terrible habit of ending these shorts on speech. Also, this is stupid and sappy and I absolutely had to get that flower in there and I don't know why D:

QwibQwib
12.16.2012 , 10:50 AM | #2399
Hi guys! This is my first time posting here (I was directed here by the lovely Tatile) and I think this thread is wonderful.

Before the game's launch, I had started writing a fanfic about the characters I would play and how they would interact with each other. This was to tide me over while I was dying of anticipation. Unfortunately, it never really went anywhere, though the characters were still in my head. I'm glad I found this thread, as it got me motivated to write again!

Prompt
Night of the Living: I Love This Bar
Characters: Kaaste (Sith Marauder), Briel (Imperial Operative)
No spoilers, but it is rather long, so be warned!

Spoiler

Author's Note
Spoiler
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

Tatile
12.16.2012 , 11:01 AM | #2400
Yay! Hi QwibQwib I'm glad you posted that, seems like your boys are a lot of fun. I think we should find out what happens in the taxi, no? ^.~