Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ereiniel
12.10.2012 , 12:15 AM | #2371
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Hello! I am behind on indexing and reading and commenting. I think everyone has had a hectic week. For this week's prompts I thought I'd keep the Night of the Living Prompt going and add a new one.
Oh, thank you for the Night of the Living Prompt; it'll allow me to do some major catch-up. (Striges, I love your idea of keeping the NotLP a permanent prompt.)

I'm sorry for disappearing temporarily - first, Hurricane Sandy hit hours after I posted my last story, and I've also joined a new raiding guild in That Other Game, which has been taking up most of my game time as of late - but I've actually got a lot of random half-finished ideas running through my head that I'd like to share with you guys soon. Be afraid ... be very afraid.

Also, while I'm here -- hi everyone, I've missed you <3
I've been waiting for you, Theron Shan.
The Girard Legacy The Shadowlands

Click for goodies!

iamthehoyden
12.10.2012 , 02:07 PM | #2372
Striges - Jurial asks all the right questions
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Ereiniel
12.10.2012 , 04:48 PM | #2373
Night of the Living Prompt: Family; incorporating elements of I Love This Bar.

This is the first in a series of introductions, because I have way too many characters, each with their own story to tell.

Introducing Andrina, smuggler extraordinaire. With Andronikos Revel, Ariena, and a non-speaking cameo from Corso Riggs. This is nowhere near Andrina’s favorite experience in a cantina, per se, but a memorable one nonetheless. A few Smuggler and SI story elements, but nothing I’d call full-on spoilers. The general details of Andronikos’ backstory are from the SW:TOR Encyclopedia. 1,800 words.

--

Andy and Andie
Spoiler

Click for goodies!

bright_ephemera
12.10.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2374
Quote: Originally Posted by Ereiniel View Post
Spoiler
This is the best setting and context for that conversation I've ever seen or imagined. Love.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
12.10.2012 , 08:46 PM | #2375
Ereiniel - I love how you integrated Andronikos' backstory into your character's lives. It felt very much like it all fit together.

As Time Goes By

And What Have You Done With My Crew?
bh - Skari, Crae, and crew
no spoilers
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
---------------

Fiamma_Verde
12.11.2012 , 11:09 AM | #2376
Ereiniel, I really like how you linked your character through their companions. The story itself was wonderful; the transition from the relaxed, semi-happy atmosphere to the tension at the middle and the bittersweet end was very well done.

Good move on getting Corso out of the room before anything about Sith were mentioned. I can only imagine him stealing the focus away from a great family moment.

I really hope the two of them make up xD

Plus there is so little SI related stuff. It was refreshing seeing some different characters!

Tatile
12.11.2012 , 04:23 PM | #2377
Edit: Shout Outs!

Hoyden - Loving reading about Skari and Crae, especially how creepy (seriously, that last bit? freaking creepy) he is.
LogicLoup - Good to see Maneera messing with Corso and, of course, some time with her parents, even if it is only short (Can we see more? )
Striges - I want more Jurial, he seems so awesome and questioning and he's exactly what I would be like if I were a Jedi (I hope) and he seems so awesome...
Ereiniel - Really interesting to see a bit of Andronikus and his history, and Andrina seems wonderfully principled (and smart). Was that Corso being jealous of her half-brother, though? The things I've heard about that man...

I suck, I suck D:

I'm taking a break from my other-related whargle-bargle at the moment, so I can work on my writing, which only depresses me when I want it to ._.

Anyway, in spirit of Night of the Living Prompt (thank you guys SO much for this), I Love This Bar, which sort of turned into Worst Day Ever and Firsts:

Padawan Broan, aged about 16
Padawan Jothar, aged about 15

Spoiler

I'll get back to doing more Broan and Rochester cuddles soon, hopefully.

iamthehoyden
12.11.2012 , 06:58 PM | #2378
Awww, poor Broan Rejection hurts.

I feel like I'm posting more than I should, but ah well.
Night of the Living Prompt: Food

Lures
bh - Skari, Crae, and crew
no spoilers
Spoiler
---------------

Ereiniel
12.11.2012 , 08:38 PM | #2379
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
This is the best setting and context for that conversation I've ever seen or imagined. Love.
High praise indeed. Thanks, Bright! In Andie's words -- means a lot coming from you.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Ereiniel - I love how you integrated Andronikos' backstory into your character's lives. It felt very much like it all fit together.
I'll admit I was a bit apprehensive about making one of my characters related to a companion from the other faction, but the pieces somehow managed to fall into place. I was pleasantly surprised!

Quote: Originally Posted by Fiamma_Verde View Post
Good move on getting Corso out of the room before anything about Sith were mentioned. I can only imagine him stealing the focus away from a great family moment.

I really hope the two of them make up xD
Haha, talking about Sith in front of a drunk Corso could end really, really badly. I'm glad he decided to go to the restrooms when he did. As for Andronikos and Andrina making up, I haven't thought that far ahead! But I hope so too, for both their sakes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Ereiniel - Really interesting to see a bit of Andronikus and his history, and Andrina seems wonderfully principled (and smart). Was that Corso being jealous of her half-brother, though? The things I've heard about that man...
Haha! Nah, Corso was just drunk and needed to use the little farm boys' room. He's more of a lightweight than he'll admit. Andrina's got this thing about doing the right thing all the time - going against the traditional smuggler stereotype, as it were, even more so now that she's seen the direction her half-brother's decided to take.

Thank you, everyone! <3

--

And now, for my own shout-outs:

Hoyden: Oh wow. Crae's clinical observations about everyone on the ship were very astute and honestly a little creepy - like they were lab specimens it was his job to watch or something. Every time I see him in your stories, I'd like to think that he really does mean well in everything he does, but then he goes and does something creepy and weird, and I start wondering again. Skari's crew reminds me of an oddball dysfunctional family, but it works, and I couldn't imagine them any other way.

Tatile: Aww! I'd give Broan a hug if I could - that's so awful and I feel terrible for how that night out ended for him. I'm glad he's since been able to find happiness elsewhere. Also, I love the image of Jedi padawans trying to get into clubs with fake IDs. Guess things aren't so different elsewhere in the galaxy, huh?

Click for goodies!

iamthehoyden
12.12.2012 , 09:19 AM | #2380
Quote: Originally Posted by Ereiniel View Post
Hoyden: Oh wow. Crae's clinical observations about everyone on the ship were very astute and honestly a little creepy - like they were lab specimens it was his job to watch or something. Every time I see him in your stories, I'd like to think that he really does mean well in everything he does, but then he goes and does something creepy and weird, and I start wondering again. Skari's crew reminds me of an oddball dysfunctional family, but it works, and I couldn't imagine them any other way.
Crae is totally a creeper, lol. A creepy creeper But whether his intentions are good or bad...well, we'll just have to see
---------------