Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Magdalane
11.28.2012 , 01:20 PM | #2291
Disclaimer: Mathematical terms, and just numbers in general, are not always my friends. Therefore, the Do the Math piece that I wrote (and, saved from the trash bin on my computer at Bright's suggestion) has nothing at all to do with actual equations

Mir and Corso, no spoilers, less than 200 words

Addition and Multiplication

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

iamthehoyden
11.28.2012 , 02:08 PM | #2292
I'm glad you saved it - very very cute. (I keep throwing myself at math for the love of science, but I hates the math or it hates me, I'm not sure which, so don't worry, you're not alone lol.)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
11.28.2012 , 06:47 PM | #2293
Not really sure about this one but I'm enjoying writing about Remi after she left the Jedi.

Home Ec: Safe Houses
Note for timeline and setting:
Spoiler

Spoiler

@Striges Jedi dress code tee-hee. No thongs! No wonder they always fall to the dark side. It reminds me of somewhere on Nar Shaddaa if you have Kira out she says something about all the fashion designers must have gone over to the Empire. So true.

@Magdalane So sweet.

Tatile
11.28.2012 , 06:51 PM | #2294
Kabe, that last line is so touching.

iamthehoyden
11.28.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2295
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Kabe, that last line is so touching.
^ This. Completely.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Magdalane
11.28.2012 , 06:54 PM | #2296
Oh Kabe, that last line-- perfection!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Striges
11.28.2012 , 07:00 PM | #2297
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Ahahahahahaha! I always knew I liked Sith better...

This does unfortunately mean that the path neither Jedi nor Sith pretty much limits you to polyester boxers.

"...Troopers and Bounty Hunters are known to favor loose-fitting undergarments to avoid chafing. Smugglers, in contrast, prefer clingy spandex in a riot of colors and patterns, whilst Imperial Agents are rumored to go without entirely..."

-excerpt from Jedi Master Knikk-Urr's obscure treatise Going Commando: Perfecting A Non-Force-User Disguise.

I'm done now.

@ Magdalane: It's very sweet and so perfect for Miriah and Corso. Everything reminding Miriah that it's two now, and it's a happy thought for a change. Glad you saved it from the trash bin.

@ Kabeone: Last line very nice. I also liked the different thought processes that went into each design, some converging ("narrow bedroll") some not so much ("auto turrets").

Tatile
11.28.2012 , 07:26 PM | #2298
Home Ec.

Because "Home is where the heart is" and I hope you weren't expecting anything nice and fluffy and I can't finish this tonight otherwise I'll melt into a sobbing pile of emotion. You're warned.

(TW: Mention of abuse, no detail.)

Spoiler

kabeone
11.28.2012 , 07:52 PM | #2299
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Home Ec.

Because "Home is where the heart is" and I hope you weren't expecting anything nice and fluffy and I can't finish this tonight otherwise I'll melt into a sobbing pile of emotion. You're warned.

(TW: Mention of abuse, no detail.)
Oh dear I was so worried there for a minute. *whew* <3

@Everyone above - Thanks, I wasn't sure if that last thing I wrote made sense, glad it did.

bright_ephemera
11.28.2012 , 09:07 PM | #2300
Periodic service announcement, the character index by author A-L and K-Z is fully up to date. I think.

Home Ec! A touching and delightful and warm-fuzzy "the novelty of the extra toothbrush there is incredibly awesome" and then a touching and intriguing comparison of two mindsets - both accustomed to simple living, both practical against some similar career challenges, but oriented toward such different ideals - I love them both, and I love them extra for contrasting "this is what it is to see two where I'm used to one" against "this is what it is to see one where I'm used to two." (I'm really glad you decided not to trash your story, Magdalane! )

Tatile, was Broan referring to a specific earlier Rochester statement? Poor Broan...poor both of them, but poor Broan for wanting so much to pour care into where there's been so much hurt.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.