Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
11.21.2012 , 03:54 PM | #2231
Striges - Rixik is such an interesting character.

Tatile - Awww, the two of them trying to find their way again! Much to resolve, they have.

Mags - I just want to hug Miriah And Corso for being a gentleman

Bright - Hazard and Temple recording slash fic for...uh...posterity's sake (uh huh, right). Wynston's affront over defencelessness. Love it love it. I just need to give up and accept my Wynston fangirl t-shirt, don't I?
Ok. Deadly Sins - Envy
Green Monster
bh - Skari and Crae (and Gault)
no spoilers - plot point summary will be added to previous post
Spoiler
Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
11.21.2012 , 04:08 PM | #2232
Hoyden, that was wonderfully, almost disturbingly, insightful. Crae seems to live in a world of secrets; it must eat at him to know there's something he doesn't know. Interesting that he wants to revenge Skari on those that have hurt her. Infatuation.

bright_ephemera
11.21.2012 , 04:16 PM | #2233
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I just need to give up and accept my Wynston fangirl t-shirt, don't I?
Please do! And please make sure Quinn isn't anywhere on it!
...and please also make sure Quinn isn't anywhere near me oh stars make it stop

Ok. Deadly Sins - Envy
Green Monster
This guy scares me. And you do it so well. That deep, thorough, unblinking covetousness...creepy. And turning around to note and recognize something un-beastly - indecision - and wish for the simplicity of his animal model, that was great.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
11.21.2012 , 04:34 PM | #2234
Blast it, I've completely lost my ability to tell if this sucks.
Nope. Definitely not. I really love the character you put into Crae, deliciously twisted. <3

@bright_ephemera re: Vierce I love the timeline and the insight into his old gang. re: Wyn/Quinn, Wynston's ability to remember every detail about what's written about him is hilarious. I wonder if he'll start thinking about himself or Quinn in those 'only sweat served to soften the hard grind of stubble on skin' terms. dear lord make it stop.

@Tatile yay reconciliation! maybe kinda. I hope it works out. I love them so much.

@Striges Rixik and restraint? Not in this universe very well done describing it from the poor SIS guy's perspective. (Can SIS ever make a safe safehouse? Ever?) Also, yay for helmets that work with lekku, now make this a thing Bioware.

@Magdalane poor Miriah!

Earthmama
11.21.2012 , 05:10 PM | #2235
Ok. Deadly Sins - Envy
Green Monster
Spoiler
Author's Note:
Spoiler
I am SUCH a Crae fangirl, I love him, I love your characterization of him, I like that despite himself he cares for Skari in his own depraved way.....I love him almost to the same degree that I love Scourge. What is with these bad boys?

@Bright, then there's Vierce! Who I am just as in love with!! Those shorts were wonderful and really flesh him out. Also the slash....oh the slash, poor Wynston....kinda.

@ Tatile, I need to echo Mags here, I'm so glad those boys are at least talking again, and even if it ultimately doesn't work out, I'm glad they're trying.

@Mags, Corso and Miriah! Ugh, early, painful, wonderful love!!

@Fino, The drabbles were wonderful! I'm loving getting to know Ald!

Magdalane
11.21.2012 , 05:12 PM | #2236
Hoyden, wonderfully done. I could feel the envy, and the indecision. Making Crae seem a little more human, a little less predator, makes me want to know more.

Thanks guys, for seeing that under the cocky exterior and charm she uses to be a smuggler, Miriah's a frightened, insecure girl who was taught at an early age that she wasn't even worth her mother's attention.
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

iamthehoyden
11.21.2012 , 05:16 PM | #2237
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Please do! And please make sure Quinn isn't anywhere on it!
...and please also make sure Quinn isn't anywhere near me oh stars make it stop
Well, of course it'll be a Wynston-only shirt! but I can't protect you from the magnetic attraction that...ok I'll stop
I'm so glad Crae is coming across! I started him with the idea that "he's a villian...kinda...bad guy with extra layers?....good guy coated in evil sauce?," and I'm never quite sure if it my writing skills are up to his complexity lol.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Irrissa
11.22.2012 , 08:41 AM | #2238
Working backwards.. oh my I am so far behind.

iamthehoyden - that was wonderfully done. your descriptions put me there in the scene, your characters have such delicious dimensions. you have achieved what I am striving for and hope to someday accomplish with your writing.

Magdalene - I just love your Mirrah and Corso and watching the relationship start to blossom

Tatile - you did well with the idea you were trying to get across. Though we have all been raised with the idea of equality,cultures all have their strata.

Stirges - Rixik is a such an enjoyable complex character. I love that he can be restrained.

Fino - love your drabbles.

thatghost - I remember that spot. oh just lovely

SveinEternity - I love Smuggler/Corso stories. I have been taking my time on mine just to savor it.

Earthmama - lol I have to agree.. umm Tat is very hot. and so is your story

And Bright - Well. Veirce and company great stuff but the other? OMG. both bits, I am still bursting out in spontaneous giggling.

If I missed anyone, know that I read all of them and love them all. *blows kisses everywhere*
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

Striges
11.22.2012 , 01:43 PM | #2239
*Quick reply while hiding from houseguests*

@ Magdalane: MIriah puts up such a front, and Corso is there for her already. It's nice to know she'll accept him eventually, but the road there is rough.

@ Tatile: I liked the interplay between the two perspectives. As though Broan is just now realizing their relationship might not have ever been seen the same from both sides. And you're right, as much as everyone wants to see those two happy again, doing it with a handwave is not only boring but dishonest to the characters you worked so hard to create. Also the difference between "Lord Naught" and "Broan".

@ Iamthehoyden: Crae is still cool. Like he just discovered there's a whole other volume to the story he thinks he knows. And he covets the information he can't get. Very much enjoyed this one.

@ Bright: The follow-up? Hilarious. Note to self: must not read Quinn/Wynston slash on phone at work again, lest coworkers think I'm even weirder than they probably already do.

Drabble: deleted. drivel. Apologies.

Irrissa
11.22.2012 , 02:09 PM | #2240
Sins & Virtues
Pride / Courage
Minalde & Randall

Spoiler
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)