Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
11.20.2012 , 05:32 PM | #2211
Tears. I have tears. OMG.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

kabeone
11.20.2012 , 05:41 PM | #2212
@bright O_O the head pictures....

Tatile
11.20.2012 , 05:41 PM | #2213
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@bright O_O the head pictures....
Do it...

irishfino
11.20.2012 , 05:45 PM | #2214
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Do it...
Why are we whispering?

Also, I agree with Tatile. Do it.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Earthmama
11.20.2012 , 06:27 PM | #2215
Doooo eeeeeet!!

So so so funny!! tears!!

Striges
11.20.2012 , 06:58 PM | #2216

That is all.

But omg so funny I am only not laughing out loud because then my son would ask what is so funny and he is way to young to explain it to. He's paying too much attention to the other computer to notice, thank goodness.

bright_ephemera
11.20.2012 , 07:20 PM | #2217

Err, anyway, here's a full 3k words on Vierce's background with Seven Deadly Sins and Seven Virtues. Conveniently, this corresponds to the seven original members of the Ridgeside crew (Kirsk was only around the edges)…and in fact, the core never varied much from seven. No game spoilers.

(Edit: For context, Vierce grew up on an occupied world; the only plot-relevant stories I've published to date that really touch on his neighborhood crew are Teachers and Heroes, set in 4 BTC, or five years before this sequence begins; and (Bad) Memories, which takes place early in 6 ATC, between this sequence's Courage and Wrath/Justice.)

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
11.20.2012 , 08:28 PM | #2218
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Err, anyway, here's a full 3k words on Vierce's background with Seven Deadly Sins and Seven Virtues.
Amazing how 3k words can fill out a past so richly. Also, I love Vierce probably more than I should
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
11.20.2012 , 08:32 PM | #2219
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Amazing how 3k words can fill out a past so richly. Also, I love Vierce probably more than I should
After the last 4000 words I produced I respect Vierce a helluva lot more than I respect, say, Wynston.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
11.20.2012 , 09:12 PM | #2220
Wonderful look into parts of Vierce's background, Bright.

I'm a nut for details; there was a lot of great stuff here. The bit at the end about "rearranging the constellations" stood out to me. It's one thing to know, intellectually, that star patterns would be different viewed from a different planet, another to put that dry boring fact in a character's words and language and have it belong there.