Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
11.16.2012 , 03:35 PM | #2161
I am behind on commenting and indexing! No idea how that happened but I finally caught up.

@Selentar the decision for Jedi who have children to give them up is an unimaginable one. It is probably at least one of the reasons why they do not usually marry or have romantic relationships. Nicely done, I felt so badly for her.

@Earthmama So sad for Isla, You made me *whimper* you do that so well!

@iamthehoyden Blizz is the best. I want one for myself! Also I still drool over Solomon Crae

@Striges I like what you've done with DS Jaesa, she's still a bit unbalanced but I like how you've made her get past the crazy enough to be sympathetic but. Also, you make up the best names.
Also, Pierce running an operation? I love it! I was also quite disappointed to miss seeing black ops in action both on Taris and in Pierce's companion quests. Thanks for writing one.

@Irrissa Randall sounds like fun

@Tatile I love the new insight on Rochester's backstory. Also, seeing this terrifying side of Broan is pretty interesting I can't wait to see what happens next.

@bright_ephemera I love your take on the Kaliyo incident and your explanation of why she was ever allowed to tag along in the first place. It makes her appearance in Don't Call Them Ruth-less even funnier. Clearly something's "changed" or at least they're willing to pretend again.
Also, Wynston vs. Pierce Jr. <3

@SveinEternity Welcome back and new characters too! I look forward to the adventures of Mila and Mira

Tatile
11.16.2012 , 06:03 PM | #2162
So I made a picture for Rochester and Broan.

That's not really Broan though The SWTOR character creator just doesn't have the... softness I associate with him. Also his hair isn't that neat, but the only other short-messy was entirely fringe and that was just wrong. Also his hair is browner... and blonder.

Lord Vizloch? Dame Helen Mirrin, channeling Morticia Addams and a greying red-head.

Earthmama
11.16.2012 , 08:26 PM | #2163
I couldn't help it, so I'm going to be "that" girl.

Deadly sins, Lust, featuring Shiloh and Kaliyo.

This is set well before the events of FoW, and before Alderaan in the class story. No spoilers.

Girls night in

Spoiler

SveinEternity
11.16.2012 , 08:33 PM | #2164
@Earthmama, this cracked me up, with Shiloh drunk and Kaliyo being.. Kaliyo. This is defitnetly something she would do.

@Tatile, Cool photos and just asking but where did you get that agent armor!
The Eternity Legacy

SveinEternity
11.16.2012 , 08:40 PM | #2165
Prompt: Virtues

Title: Loner

Spoiler

Author Note:
Spoiler
The Eternity Legacy

Earthmama
11.16.2012 , 08:43 PM | #2166
Quote: Originally Posted by SveinEternity View Post
@Earthmama, this cracked me up, with Shiloh drunk and Kaliyo being.. Kaliyo. This is defitnetly something she would do.
I've always believed Kaliyo should have been a LI for both genders, she's the only companion I have ever really got that vibe from, and hot damn, I just think she's sexy.

Striges
11.16.2012 , 11:41 PM | #2167
@ Kabeone: Thanks so much on the name complement. I have a terrible time coming up with names that sound good to me. It’s great to get confirmation that someone else likes them. For Varrel’s son, “Gregor” was Jaesa’s father’s name and “Valho” was Varrel’s first son, conforming to the first-child’s-name-starts-with-V tradition for his family. “Vashutarl”, I must confess, is from one of my all-time favorite manga, Area 88 , my favorite character Saki Vashutarl, sometimes translated Vashutal. I had it saved to name a character and it fit with Varrel’s family names, so I went ahead and used it for both his granddaughter and his son.

As an aside, I heartily endorse an old publication, The Everyone Everywhere List. I have a paper copy (remember paper?) that I used a lot for tabletop RPGs, now available for download as a PDF. It’s set up for random rolling with dice (remember dice?) since each entry is numbered, but you don’t have to use it that way. Sorry for no link; I don’t want to endorse any specific source as safe or reliable. It’s not pretty, but I find it useful for those gah-I-need-a-name-right-now moments.

@SvienEternity: Welcome back!

@ LogicLoup: Nice trio. I liked all three siblings experiencing the same event from such different perspectives. Maneera gets the chaste “hug” she so needs.

@ Bright: This was fun. Pierce Jr being so proud of his work, and Wynston literally shooting him down. Wynston’s cold simmering anger made me think of the smoke off dry ice. Grab a hold of the core, and you’ll get both frozen and burned.

@ Tatile: Yay pics!

@ Earthmama: I agree with you. The way Kaliyo is written, she’s the one companion I know of that should have been a LI for both. She absolutely would hit either gender.
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
11.17.2012 , 11:16 AM | #2168
Svein - Your holiday story with the sisters is really cute, as is Mira making a new friend.

Earthmama - Whew! Hot! (I'm referring to Tatooine of course )
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Tatile
11.17.2012 , 12:43 PM | #2169
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
I couldn't help it, so I'm going to be "that" girl.

Deadly sins, Lust, featuring Shiloh and Kaliyo.
I heartily approve. Also, there's nothing wrong with being "that girl".

@Svein - it's the Vendetta chest, which is a rare drop from the GTN. Or some place on Hoth. The one Roro's wearing is a present I got from an old guildie.

(Secretly posting because I want Kabe to draw pretty pictures of my boys but I feel stupid about asking directly so I just go through the thread thinking that I want pretty pictures.)

I'm currently trying to write a s*lut-shaming versus sex-positive conversation between Lord Amilia and Lord Stion'n, but I think it's now turning into a debate over slavery in the Empire and I don't want it to be

iamthehoyden
11.17.2012 , 12:45 PM | #2170
Deadly Sins (Sloth)

A Time to Sleep
bh - Skari and Crae (and Mako)
no spoilers
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box