Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
10.31.2012 , 08:54 PM | #1991
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Disguses

The Den
bh - Skari and crew and Solomon Crae
no spoilers
<3 Solomon Crae. Great voice, scary good.

Magdalane
10.31.2012 , 08:55 PM | #1992
Really really liked it Hoyden, and the observation so true. I thought you did well in first person.
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
10.31.2012 , 09:26 PM | #1993
Imperial officers. Don't ever write them seriously. Don't ever get attached. Plus I just finished up BH Balmorra this evening with the bonus of being an alien. Boy, do those people have respect, class, and humanity...oh wait they don't.

I had hesitated to timeskip on Vierce, but I guess I already jumped ahead to show major events. So this is an instance of Worlds Colliding on or near Balmorra. 700ish words, no game spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Magdalane
11.01.2012 , 05:12 AM | #1994
Bright, I can feel Vierce's pain and the slight nagging uncertainty in this. As always, excellent job.

Morgani, always love Aurai stories, and the introduction of the pendant/key was masterful. Really enjoyed this!

Striges
11.01.2012 , 08:14 AM | #1995
Prompt: Disguises

Characters: Varrel Umrahiel (SW), Vette.

Title: Larvae

Late entry. Spoilers for late Vette companion quests and SW Act 3, though just as background.

Notes:
Spoiler

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
11.01.2012 , 08:20 AM | #1996
Bright - Vierce - wow, and ouch and ouch again
Edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Imperial officers. Don't ever write them seriously. Don't ever get attached. Plus I just finished up BH Balmorra this evening with the bonus of being an alien. Boy, do those people have respect, class, and humanity...oh wait they don't.
Aren't they just precious? Going through the bh story as an alien is a lesson in never being allowed to forget how much scorn is possible to be infused in a voice.

Striges - Varrell - ALWAYS an interesting character, just fascinating
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

irishfino
11.01.2012 , 09:12 AM | #1997
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@irishfino Ehehehe more Quinns all the Quinns
I can't seem to stop writing about the lovable bastard. [sighs and puts on her Malavai Quinn Apologist shirt]

Quote: Originally Posted by LogicLoup View Post
@irish - Everything was so light and silly and fun, with prissy Quinn and prankster Ald and snobby Miss Grabbyhands, but then...
Spoiler

OUCH.
Quinn would never pass up the opportunity to put someone in their place if he appeared to have the power to. It's also another sneaky hint about events down the line.

I've only just realized I've forgotten to actually thank people for reading and responding to my keyboard flailings! Thank you! Thank you all!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Magdalane
11.01.2012 , 09:42 AM | #1998
Striges, loved it! Varrel is always interesting, but this story and the little insight into his thought processes there before the Hutt were very well done! Thanks for that story.

LogicLoup
11.01.2012 , 10:22 AM | #1999
@hoyden - Solomon's voice is fantastic. I love the detached, predatory assessment of Skari's crew. There's no personal malice, just cold, brutal instinct — the snake imagery as Solomon is sizing up Gault is perfect.

@bright - It's heart-wrenching just how terribly alone Vierce is, even surrounded by comrades-in-arms. And the one person who might be able to understand, who has anything even approaching his knowledge of the Empire's atrocities, is the one person he can't bring himself (yet) to deal with, because Dorne's understanding comes from the wrong side of the line.

@Striges - Varrel's protection of Vette here, her spiritual well-being as well as physical, reminds me of his realization that she is his Fool back in Only Men Dance. As much as he wants her to stay Vette for her own sake, he needs her as she is to keep him grounded and human. The closing image of Varrel putting away his swords and his decency for safekeeping is beautifully "happy for deep people."

"I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

bright_ephemera
11.01.2012 , 12:03 PM | #2000
Varrel has style. I like.

Umm, I know I'm kind of all over the place this week...brain is all wonky but a Disguise for Vierce came up. From an earlier and different time; this is set between 1.5 and 2 years before Vierce leaves his home planet. 800 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.