Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Magdalane
10.25.2012 , 05:09 PM | #1921
@ kabe, loved the Ninka story, just loved the idea that after all this time they finally got a little happy!

@bright, so many great things from you since I last got to update, and it's all wonderful.

@Striges, Sha'ra'zaed is so interesting to me, I've told you that before, I realize. I'm intrigued and hope you continue this somewhere.

@Morgani, love Aurai and how she thinks about things, working to overcome not only debt but her husband's death. I'd love to see her get her own thread, too (along with Ipha).

@Tatile, I was laughing in the break room at work, no way to explain why. I totally relate to the yuck factor of sunscreen, and always love the interplay between these two.

@LogicLoup, very interesting take on the Miralukans, would love to see where this progresses.

@elliotcat, Khem Val is funny to pick on, and you did it well! Love Meenah !

I got an email from Amazon today, wondering if there was some problem with my kindle since I'd stopped buying books. I wanted to tell them that I had a new source of original reading material, that far surpassed most of their reading lists, but I was afraid they'd recruit you all and I'd have to pay for my fix!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

Striges
10.25.2012 , 09:37 PM | #1922
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
That being said, I believe I've seen a comic panel of Visas Marr (or other Miraluka Sith woman) with the skin covering her 'eyes' ripped out, revealing empty sealed sockets. However, given that that happened in a comic and I don't believe that it has been widely discussed in regards to Miraluka biology, that could have been an aesthetic choice for shock factor, rather than an inherent quirk of the species.
I've seen that panel, and I think your assessment (shock value) is correct. I always pictured Miraluka eye sockets like blind cave fish. Maybe filled in with a layer of tissue. It's probably disturbing on a human because that's where you focus when you talk to someone. We're accustomed to seeing eyes in that space.

@ Bright: Speaking of fish, Colran is a great fish-out-of-water. I like Master Zauvien--she's a Jedi in the original Obi-Wan Kenobi mold (Episode IV), and we don't often see those. I also like Colran's confusion. He knows about the Force already, so how come everything he knows is wrong?

I'll have to write more Sha'ra'zaed (disguise is a natural for an Agent!). Agent-y spoilers
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
10.26.2012 , 10:28 AM | #1923
Disguses

Bad Actors
Trooper - Sana and Aric (and Jonas Balkar)
no spoilers
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
10.26.2012 , 11:46 AM | #1924
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Disguses

Bad Actors
<.< Jorgan
>.> sneaky
<.< Jorgan
>.> sneaky

... This is a wonderful image!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
10.26.2012 , 05:22 PM | #1925
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Disguses

Bad Actors
Slouch a little!

The mental image of Sana and Aric (especially Aric) trying to look like lowlifes...Balkar's facepalm...very funny.

Magdalane
10.26.2012 , 05:26 PM | #1926
I can't see Aric ever looking like a lowlife, but I loved the story. Worst. Idea. Ever. LOL!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
10.26.2012 , 07:04 PM | #1927
Worlds Colliding: In which Nalenne is uncharacteristically helpful to strangers. Nalenne, no spoilers except for There Is No Death, There Is Only Wrath. 1200 words.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
10.26.2012 , 07:15 PM | #1928
Thank you, Bright, that was fun And Andronikus... *purr* sometimes I wish we could swap companions around our characters, he'd be on my Agent's ship in a heartbeat.

Adwynyth
10.26.2012 , 09:23 PM | #1929
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Worlds Colliding: In which Nalenne is uncharacteristically helpful to strangers. Nalenne, no spoilers except for There Is No Death, There Is Only Wrath. 1200 words.

Spoiler
BAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAH! I love it!
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

iamthehoyden
10.26.2012 , 09:35 PM | #1930
Bright, any story with Godera in it...honest to Pete the man has a talent for destruction. Hehehe.

And yes, Jorgan is awful at looking like a lowlife. Give the man some camo and a bush, and I'm sure he could stay unnoticed for days, but yeah, not so much the acting. I was running through my characters when that prompt came up and the first thing that came to mind was "omg they would SUCK at that." So, obviously...lol.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box