Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
10.19.2012 , 06:14 AM | #1861
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Prompt: Xenobiology
Title: Sex and the Wookie
Miriah and Bowdaar, ~600 words, no spoilers

Spoiler
I think you just made me love Bowdaar. Also the intro made me laugh ridiculously hard. And I really enjoyed the last paragraph. In fact, love all around
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Ereiniel
10.19.2012 , 06:49 AM | #1862
Thank you all for your lovely welcomes! I'm actually replying from my phone (I'm currently on vacation until the 26th and will be crossing into Canada tomorrow) but didn't want to leave your comments unacknowledged until then.

I'll hopefully have something for the new prompts by the time I get back (or soon after), and I promise I'll respond to everyone individually when I return.
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Ereiniel: Welcome to you too! That was amazing. Did Tarro even know who she was? The way he screamed at her I think not. Almost felt like a missed opportunity. Wow, deliver more unto us so I can see what else happens. Not enough BH goes around in this thread for sure.
Thank you so much! <3 That part of the present-day dialogue was taken from the in-game cutscene, so it doesn't take into account their past history, but I think he did finally realize who he had been messing with for the past several months when she turned back around at the end. Glad you liked!

Darth_Scelestus: Woot for new-poster buddies! I'm glad you enjoyed it as well. Do try out a BH, it's great fun and a good story!
The Girard Legacy The Shadowlands
Thalia | Eryn | Ariena | Varenne | Alleyne | Sharaina | Roselle | Aurine | Lysella
Andrina | Calanthe | Sarinne | Astaria | Carinthia | Meraia | Avareyne | Laralise | Katrama

Striges
10.19.2012 , 07:44 AM | #1863
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
“When he does not have nightmares, he dreams of you, you know.” She carried that thought with her to her own bed, where she tossed and turned on the sharp point of it.
I really like that it was Bowdaar who makes the initial observation, and how Miriah can't forget it. This patrticular line is a fantastic metaphor. I love it.

irishfino
10.19.2012 , 11:11 AM | #1864
Prompt: Best Day Ever
Characters: Malavai Quinn and [introducing!] Aldrdinar, the Sith Warrior

Worst Dream but Wonderful End Result

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

MilaniGrey
10.19.2012 , 11:17 AM | #1865
/swoon
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Tatile
10.19.2012 , 11:46 AM | #1866
Irishfino <3

bright_ephemera
10.19.2012 , 11:57 AM | #1867
Best Day Ever for Colran Niral, Ruth's dad. 1300 words. No spoilers.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Adwynyth
10.19.2012 , 12:03 PM | #1868
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Spoiler
I think this sums up Quinn in one neat package.

Unique take on the Quinn storyline. Bravo!
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Adwynyth
10.19.2012 , 12:08 PM | #1869
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Best Day Ever for Colran Niral, Ruth's dad. 1300 words. No spoilers.

Spoiler
SQUEE! I see where Ruth gets a lot of it from now. And how the man she learned compassion from learns it himself.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

bright_ephemera
10.19.2012 , 01:18 PM | #1870
@irishfino <3 I like that at least some of Quinn's best-day-ever pain has gotten Dallas'ed into adorableness.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!