Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SveinEternity
09.22.2012 , 06:27 PM | #1591
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Parenting: Ambition, starring Ruth and Rylon Niral. 300 words, no spoilers.
Spoiler
My reaction= Awwww! This was good lol.
The Eternity Legacy

iamthehoyden
09.22.2012 , 08:43 PM | #1592
Parenting: Ambition, starring Ruth and Rylon Niral. 300 words, no spoilers.
Spoiler
So cute! And awesome
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Magdalane
09.22.2012 , 10:37 PM | #1593
Morgani, I an loving your story! Please, don't stop!

Svein, that was a shocker, given that normally Quinn can't stand Vette. Well done!

Bright, I've been in Ruth's shoes before, and she handled it well!

Ever since I saw the prompt, I've been thinking about this chapter in Always a Plan, and as much as I've tried, it won't leave my thoughts. I apologize to anyone who's already read this, but it just fits too well to ignore. And since I'm afraid my creativity is lacking right now, here's the birth of Devin Riggs, Miriah and Corso's son. It starts when they're at the med station, Miriah in preterm labor.

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
09.22.2012 , 10:48 PM | #1594
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Spoiler
Ow. That is all.

...okay, not all:

Spoiler
<3
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
09.23.2012 , 04:50 AM | #1595
Ever since I saw the prompt, I've been thinking about this chapter in Always a Plan, and as much as I've tried, it won't leave my thoughts. I apologize to anyone who's already read this, but it just fits too well to ignore. And since I'm afraid my creativity is lacking right now, here's the birth of Devin Riggs, Miriah and Corso's son. It starts when they're at the med station, Miriah in preterm labor.
D'aww, absolutely gorgeous <3

Affection - taking place after Siblings. Lord Vizloch and Grigor.

Spoiler

RepublicGurl
09.23.2012 , 10:24 AM | #1596
First off, I want to say these stories are A. Mazing, and a treat to read.

Secondly, I want to ask, is it okay if I post this (last) Friday's challenge and the one before that (Changes) on the same post a little later? I didn't want it to be too confusing for readers, and with Darth Real Life getting in the way of things I want to be doing, I always seem to be trying to catch up.

(It's like... my default setting, I swear.)

... Just a head's up, gaiz. I'm not outta the game, for realsies.
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend..."

"Only a life lived for others is a life worth living for..."

Irrissa
09.23.2012 , 01:22 PM | #1597
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@Irrissa Welcome to the thread, I love Tea Ceremony.
Irrissa, welcome, and I loved your descriptions! I know we'll enjoy many of your stories to come!
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@Irrissa: Welcome to the thread! The image of the Tea Ceremony is beautiful, and it seems to fit your character so well. Especially choosing the proper scroll to display, and what the scroll depicted.
I like how this came out!

@Irrissa love it! The sudden transition from lovely stately pace to "what did you just say" was great.

If you want to tag the story for space, preface it with [ spoiler] and end it with [ /spoiler], just remove the spaces from inside those brackets.
Thank you sooooo much for the encouragment. You have no idea how much it means.

I had intended to do the spoiler thing but was so nervous, forgot to. I did go back and fix it.

and oh the stories here and all over the forum are so amazing, such an inspiration. Thank you all for being such great writers and rekindling that desire to write again in me. Its so good for the imagnination and the soul.

Now off to work on some ideas for this week and my main story so I can eventually get that posted. err one of them at least. My girls are fighting over whos story gets done first LOL
*Rissa (55 Sorc) * Cielle (55 Merc)* Irrissa (55 Op) Ko'neko (55 Mara)
*Minalde (55 Sage)* Aubrei (55 Scound)* Cleindori (55 Sent) Rosaleen (55 Com)

Morgani
09.23.2012 , 02:13 PM | #1598
Sisterhood Part 5

Kabe has been beta reading for me. She's been a tremendous asset to this story and I can't thank her enough. Thanks so much for be a great beta reader.!

Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

irishfino
09.23.2012 , 02:23 PM | #1599
Prompt: Parenthood
Characters: the Captain and Malavai

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Iryfindel
09.23.2012 , 02:49 PM | #1600
Well, I am finally participating in this thread.

I have been lurking here for quite some time now, reading all these amazing stories you guys continue to write. You're all very talented and for a long time I felt too intimidated to participate. I've been running stories through my head ever since I started playing SWTOR, with every new character more stories pop into my head, but I've never put them to paper. Until today. I'm very new at writing and even though I speak English decently it is not my first language and I judge my own vocabulairy insufficient to write adequate in English. This week's prompt inspired a story that's been floating through my brain for a while however and finally decided to get out. Adequate vocabulairy or not, I had a lot of fun writing this and it definitely won't have been the last story if I can find the time in my uni schedule.

I hope you guys enjoy reading it (I also hope I got the prompt right) and please don't stop writing yourselves, I am having an amazing time reading all your stories!

Prompt: Affection
Title: Hard To Face
Characters: Djem (Sith Warrior), Vette
Spoilers: Effectively none. Some minor Sith Warrior: Prologue spoilers but nothing I wouldn't deem common knowledge.

Spoiler

Authors note:

Spoiler