Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
09.14.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1521
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I've wanted to write Koa for a while but my Remi fic kind of painted me into a corner. Now he is FREEEEEE and he has a side-kick. She is my Mako to some extent and in my Remi universe there was no BH because I haven't played it yet. Not sure how that willl go I plan to play my Chiss BH at some point but I'm not sure I want to break lore continuity just for her. I'll probably just leave her out of the story and she can be the mysterious BH.

@Magdalane That was something I never would have considered for Corso.
Smug Corso Spoiler
Spoiler

imnotawitch
09.14.2012 , 11:34 PM | #1522
Title: New Brother, New Sister

Characters: SW (Lucerna), SI (Mel'ake), Khem Val, Malavai Quinn

Spoilers: Just some prologue details on both aforementioned classes. And of course there's spoilers for who the SW companion for Balmorra is, but I think everyone here knows that.

Spoiler
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Striges
09.15.2012 , 12:49 AM | #1523
Sorry, late entry for New Paths.

Title: Defector, Exile, Émigré

Character: Sha’ra’zaed (operative)

No spoilers. This is my agent leaving Csilla, something I had sitting in the back of my mind but never wrote out before. It’s a bit hard to come up with reasons for a non-human to voluntarily join the Human-centric Empire.

Author note:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Magdalane
09.15.2012 , 06:05 AM | #1524
Here's what I wrote just before the last post, if anyone is wondering how this came about:

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

iamthehoyden
09.16.2012 , 07:58 AM | #1525
Brothers and Sisters

For Kabeone, who saved me from the deathly wasteland of no ideas...
Red Gods
jk - Esma and Scourge (vague reference to ch 3 jk and Scourge's part in it)
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Magdalane
09.16.2012 , 08:08 AM | #1526
Everyone has done such a great job this week!
@ Striges- loved the story! As someone who's own given name has been butchered all her life, I can appreciate your agent's dilema.
@iamnotawitch- great job making your SI humble, I only played mine til early teens, but you can definitely see the changes being made from slave to Sith
@iamthehoyden- touching, sweet, and lovely to read!

Even though Miriah has sisters, the piece I chose for the Sisterhood prompt involves a conversation with Risha. No spoilers.

Spoiler

iamthehoyden
09.16.2012 , 08:19 AM | #1527
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Even though Miriah has sisters, the piece I chose for the Sisterhood prompt involves a conversation with Risha. No spoilers.

Spoiler
*snerk*
(And as a person who overthinks everything, I feel for Risha.)
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
09.16.2012 , 12:41 PM | #1528
Sisterhood, is it? Here's 150 words about Nalenne and Niselle, spoiler-free.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kabeone
09.16.2012 , 01:01 PM | #1529
@imnotawitch I love early Mel'ake, he's so broken later I love seeing him excited and happy

@Striges I love that sequence, implying that perhaps much of what happened was arranged by the Empire to recruit agents. Also as a fellow foreign-five-syllable-named person I totally sympathize.

@Magdalane could you pm me or post your link to your longer story? I know you did once somewhere but I don't remember where . Also the Risha story cracked me up. Risha in actual love is a funny idea (though I guess it would be less so if I played male smug)

@iamthehoyden OMG I'm so glad I remembered. Scourge swoonage <3 <3 <3 Also the imagery of them fighting on a primitive planet felt so very Thor. In a very good way. eeeeee

@bright_ephemera (o_O) (0_0) (O_o) Jaesa and Quinn at the end was priceless.

Magdalane
09.16.2012 , 01:19 PM | #1530
Sent you a pm, Kabeone.