Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
09.13.2012 , 07:15 PM | #1511
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
prompt Brotherhood/Sisterhood.

Also, since I've got weddings on the brain, Ceremony seems appropriate. It doesn't have to be a wedding, it can be a graduation, a promotion, whatever. It doesn't even have to be a literal ceremony. Just let the prompt take you where it will!
Interesting I wrote this for New Paths/Changes but oddly it kinda works for brothers/sisters too.
JK End spoilers
Continuing from the last story about Koa

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler

imnotawitch
09.13.2012 , 07:51 PM | #1512
Well just go ahead and make things easy for me then ^^; . Expect a story about Mel and Lucy's first meeting in the next few days.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Magdalane
09.14.2012 , 06:48 AM | #1513
I hate to do this, but again I've already written a chapter of a story that concerns Ceremonies. This chapter happens after Corso begins to have nightmares about his parent's death that include Miriah.

Spoiler
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

bright_ephemera
09.14.2012 , 07:19 AM | #1514
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post
Title: A Startling Change

Characters: SI (Mel'ake), Khem Val, Zash

Spoilers: End of Act I SI
Spoiler
(vague SI spoilers)
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Changes well kinda.

This is a little character who jumped into my head recently

Mirialan Smuggler named Isla (no last name as of yet) No spoilers.

Spoiler
Love his response. "Corso taking something graciously" fic is the best kind of fix fic. Well, apart from Quinn's death.

Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Changes

I've always known how Ipha's future was going to turn out. But by future I mean like 20 years down the road. Ipha can't be in Havoc Squad forever and frankly, neither can Jorgan. But reading Magdalane's version of Maura and Jorgan's future finally inspired me to write Ipha's.

Spoiler
Love the PoV. I couldn't write a child's mind to save my life.

Also the quoted exchange is wonderful.

Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Interesting I wrote this for New Paths/Changes but oddly it kinda works for brothers/sisters too.
JK End spoilers
Continuing from the last story about Koa

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
I...buh...what...this is going to be AWESOME.

Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
I hate to do this, but again I've already written a chapter of a story that concerns Ceremonies. This chapter happens after Corso begins to have nightmares about his parent's death that include Miriah.

Spoiler
I never even thought of revisiting this. Wonderful.

Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
This Sunday one of my fondest wishes is coming true! I get a little brother!! My sister is getting married so I'm going to have a new brother-in-law. I'm pretty excited since it's always just been my little sister and me and I always really wished for a little brother we could hang out with and also torture, as older sisters do. So, for this week we have the prompt Brotherhood/Sisterhood.
Congratulations to your sister! Do you want some of my excess brothers? I grew up with three and married into three more. I'm surrounded by barbarians

Nalenne, Niselle, Kirsk, and Vierce are currently viciously making fun of me for having no immediate sisterhood/brotherhood ideas. Well, the girls and Kirsk are making fun. Vierce is working and looking up every now and then to assure me that I'll do a great job, he knows a good idea is just a matter of time.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Earthmama
09.14.2012 , 07:49 AM | #1515
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Notes:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Magdalane
09.14.2012 , 08:36 AM | #1516
@Kabeone I raised two boys, and I have to say you have the attitude spot on! Loved the fact that instead of asking, Koa takes it upon himself to find things out.

@Morgani beautiful, simply beautiful

@Elliotcat congrats! I know you'll enjoy having a different ( and I do mean different) perspective on family events

@iearthmama loved the way Corso still has her back, even if he can't have her heart

@iamnotawitch I agree with Bright_ephemera, never seen this done with resignation. Unique and thought provoking perspective

iamthehoyden
09.14.2012 , 08:52 AM | #1517
Awwwww, how cute are they??
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Earthmama
09.14.2012 , 09:20 AM | #1518
Ok, you almost got me tearing, I felt the lump forming. I love your Miriah and Corso.

Magdalane
09.14.2012 , 11:22 AM | #1519
Thanks, guys! /blush I love writing their story!

Striges
09.14.2012 , 06:27 PM | #1520
My router died Wednesday evening; I'm just now catching up. Phones were another story entirely...

@Imnotawitch: Unique take on this event. I'm very curious how Mel'ake handles the coming changes.

@Earthmama: Adorable. Isla sounds like fun, and the interaction with Corso was very sweet.

@Morgani: Interesting backstory; I love how it fits in with your other characters. In a word: Immersive.

@Kabeone: Works very well for Brothers/sisters. And hey, for fanfic, perhaps Astrid is your Mako, and Mako doesn't exist in your universe.

@Magdalane: Looking at episodes from Corso's background for a change, instead of one of our PC's. I like that Miriah would do this for him.