Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Adwynyth
09.10.2012 , 08:23 PM | #1481
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Ebon Hawk is my secondary server. Message me sometime!

Republic: Ayang, Meyali, Porrim, Mituna, Meulin
Empire: Latula, Elaeys
Will do. And I'll get you a list of my characters after I log on next...I can never remember which name is which faction.

Adwynyth and Fethea are Empire side, though. The rest....meh...I tend to re-use character names, but usually not for the same thing twice.

imnotawitch
09.10.2012 , 10:05 PM | #1482
What's this? I'm NOT torturing Mel'ake in yet another one of my stories for this week's prompt? Well, at least we have a PoV from a different plucky blue-skinned Twi'lek. And we have an introduction to my first non-PC major OC.

Title: Some Changes Can Never Be Reversed

Characters: Vette, a non-PC OC (Lizzie)

Spoilers: Major spoilers for SW Balmorra. Hints to what the state of things can be at SW endgame and for Vette's companion quests. Blink-and-you'll-miss-it references to Consular Nar Shaddaa.

Spoiler
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

Morgani
09.11.2012 , 07:12 PM | #1483
Finally got a chance to catch up on everyone's stuff. And most of the Quinn conversation. Everyone deserves and individual shout out, cause your stuff is just that good. So working, backwards;

imnotawitch:
Spoiler

Liked that ending a lot. More than I should have since I try to keep things that are singular to our world out of my fan fic. Which is also why I roll my eyes a little at every Darth Nox storyline. Not written as fic, but mentioned in game. Unless there's a species somewhere in a galaxy far far away that spoke Latin during the Rakata period.... Maybe, it could happen. Anyway, I'm really like Mel and Lucerna. I like Sith that break the Sith mold. I understand Jedi that question the establishment like Remi, and I love Sith that work to be as good as their situations allow while still holding one to what they believe the Empire should be. I look forward to more.

hoyden: I love Aric. You know this. You know I d'awww'd and squee'd and went to hug my own pixel husband. I love thinking of the Fem Trooper's and Aric's future. Providing neither of them die in combat there's so many places they could go. Loved it.

Bright_: I want to like Nic. I probably will when you get around to writing more. She's a little 'typical smuggler-poured-into-the-mold' for me right now. Which is why I'm excited to see what else you bring out for her. I doubt I'll ever relate to her on any level, and that's not a dig at your writing because i think you're one of the best writers I've ever read (and I read a lot), but I'm getting a yen to see the character fleshed out. Vierce is wonderful to me because you've given him purpose and personality. Nic has personality so that's not exactly what I wanted to say. Anyway, I love me some Vierce and I'm excited for more Nic so I can see this character come to life.

Earthmama: Scourge love! Can you believe I had no idea what Scourge sounded like until I looked him up on Youtube two days ago? Wow. I like. Your story reminded me of Kabe's art in her thread of Scourge watching Remi dance. My mind's eye replaced Remi in the picture with Kianna and it was lovely. I liked your detail. So much went out without being said between the characters. Wonderful.

Magdalane: I liked the Miriah/Corso story, even if Corso make me shake my head. Boy's got some supreme confidence to know that it will be her last first time. But it was very Corso in the end because I don't think he knows how to be any other way. I liked the Maura/Aric story the way it was written. I love your writing. Fem Trooper and Aric quitting the military made me sad though. I have a totally different head cannon though. In fact, Ipha won't quit Havoc until she gets pregnant, and that's not until her mid 30s. Even then, she just moves up the ranks with Aric. Military is his life, it's who he is. My head cannon Aric can't be without it or her. Thanks for giving me another perspective. It was interesting to think about.

SveinEternity: Got a sickly little shiver finding out what is in store for Verana. Not pleasant to think about. Baras seemed a little passive for what I know of him, but the story wasn't focused on him. He tends to be a scenestealer. (I will eat this cookie nom nom nom) I want to read more about this character.

Kabe: Remi and Scourge. What can I say? Love them, love your writing. I was engrossed from beginning to end.

elliotcat: I love your ship (*snerk*) of Meyali and Zash. And making Zash the more sympathetic force is absolutely remarkable. They need their own adventure thread a la Wynston and Quinn. Because that would be wonderful

Tatile: I love Rochester and Broan. Damn. I love everyone. BUT, Broan has this special place on my favored reading list. Pretty sure I've waxed eloquent about the way you handle him before. I always eagerly read your stories.

And fino: You who make Quinn a sympathetic character. I'm already super confused as to what my opinion of him should be and you are not helping. But I like your stuff. Literally, I'm ready to put off leveling my Fem War until sometime next year because I honestly don't know if I want to romance Quinn or not. I can Youtube the steamy hot Quinn/FemWar kiss, I don't need to experience it myself, right? Right?!?

I really hope I didn't miss anyone. I have no opinion to toss into the now defunct Quinnversation. And soon I should have a collage of my characters to share. Better late than never? By seriously, I'm lousy with Paint so I enlisted a Photoshop pro friend to copy paste for me.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

kabeone
09.11.2012 , 11:36 PM | #1484
@imnotawitch Yay <3 for Vette, she gets so little sometimes

@bright_ephemera Nic is awesome I have to fight to keep Nosc from sounding like her now.

@iamthehoyden Aric and Sana uber couple and uber parents <3

If I missed anyone's story I'm sorry! This thread moves so fast sometimes I get lost (which is why I stopped derailing it the other day <_< >_> I blame Quinn, yes I do.)

Magdalane
09.12.2012 , 08:42 AM | #1485
Morgani, I have a whole (very long) story about Maura and Aric trying to raise babies and stay active duty, and in the end it turns out it's just too hard. In order for one parent to be with the twins all the time, Aric had to either let Maura go out on missions with one of the other crew, or go himself with another of the crew, and they missed doing missions together because they felt the most comfortable that way. They'd decided that one parent would have to stay aboard the ship, simply in case something happened and one of them was hurt/killed. That's where the whole idea of leaving the army came from, and it morphed into the basis for the (very long) story I'm writing now.

It wasn't in my head that way to start with either, but it evolved. Glad you liked the perspective, tho
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

imnotawitch
09.12.2012 , 08:51 AM | #1486
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Liked that ending a lot. More than I should have since I try to keep things that are singular to our world out of my fan fic. Which is also why I roll my eyes a little at every Darth Nox storyline. Not written as fic, but mentioned in game. Unless there's a species somewhere in a galaxy far far away that spoke Latin during the Rakata period.... Maybe, it could happen. Anyway, I'm really like Mel and Lucerna. I like Sith that break the Sith mold. I understand Jedi that question the establishment like Remi, and I love Sith that work to be as good as their situations allow while still holding one to what they believe the Empire should be. I look forward to more.
Thanks! I tried to shy away from Earth items in fic, but after realizing that the SW universe has falcons, ice cream, and bikinis, I threw in the towel. Plus, I thought that particular item fit well.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

elliotcat
09.12.2012 , 09:46 AM | #1487
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani
elliotcat: I love your ship (*snerk*) of Meyali and Zash. And making Zash the more sympathetic force is absolutely remarkable. They need their own adventure thread a la Wynston and Quinn. Because that would be wonderful
Oh dear, I might have to actually do that...and call it something like "Meyali and Zash's BFF Adventures".

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

irishfino
09.12.2012 , 09:59 AM | #1488
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
And fino: You who make Quinn a sympathetic character. I'm already super confused as to what my opinion of him should be and you are not helping. But I like your stuff. Literally, I'm ready to put off leveling my Fem War until sometime next year because I honestly don't know if I want to romance Quinn or not. I can Youtube the steamy hot Quinn/FemWar kiss, I don't need to experience it myself, right? Right?!?
Heeheee. I like Quinn. I really do. I like him so much, I made another Warrior after getting one to 50 just to romance him. I too obsessed over youtube videos of his romance until I couldn't takes it no mores! That poor warrior is sitting at level 39 because I've completed the romance and have no further use for her outside of crafting, but it was a glorious run. Also, her Jaesa creeps me the hell out. Ugh, Sith!Jaesa.

Anyway, the best way to form an opinion is to experience it yourself. His romance is rather fun, and, if you marry him, his marriage emails are hilarious. I have text copies of them (me, obsessive? naaah). It's still a fun romance, and if you pay attention during the Quinncident, he hints at why he's doing it (other than "ERHMAGERD BARAS SHAVED MAH CHEREER" [that sounds naughty...]) so that's fun to watch/read/obsess over.

All that blah-blah aside, thanks for reading my stuff and letting it drive your opinion of Quinn. I like that my writings make people think
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

iamthehoyden
09.12.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1489
New Directions

Contact
bh - Skari
(really vague spoilers for bh ch 3, and a reference to imp Belsavis)
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Earthmama
09.12.2012 , 01:23 PM | #1490
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
New Directions

Author's Note:
Spoiler
I like him! Very interested in getting to know him!