Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

elliotcat
09.07.2012 , 03:19 PM | #1391
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
ElliotCat, think of it this way: at least you got a shot at it. You tried and that's a lot more than most people get
This is true! Maybe by the end of the semester I'll get some awesome grades or something, but eh. I was a lot better at anthropology. My grades were amazing.

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"[/SIZE]

Earthmama
09.07.2012 , 04:06 PM | #1392
I'm sorry Eliott, . Better to have tried and failed, then to have lived a lifetime with regret. xo I know it sucks now, so big hugs, you'll bounce back and figure something else out! <3

SveinEternity
09.07.2012 , 04:19 PM | #1393
Quote: Originally Posted by elliotcat View Post
Time for new prompts, which I will preface with ~tales from my personal life~.

So today I got my first organic chemistry test back. And I did really really badly. Like, failed badly. And I looked at it and felt bad about myself and felt horrible about my future and finally I said, "Screw it, I am so done with this. I'm going to graduate school." I felt so relieved in that moment, that even though I was giving up on becoming a doctor it simply was not worth the stress and the emotional toll it was having on me anymore.

So your prompt this week is Changes or New Paths because despite the relief, this still does feel kinda crappy. It's something I really wanted and having to end it really does suck. But in the long run I think I will be happier. So write about that sort of thing this week.
I am happy that you are doing what you feel you should do. It's better to like what you are doing than live with something that you hate and ignore it. You will be much happier in the end. I also really like the prompts for this week. I hope you find a new path that you will be happy with.
The Eternity Legacy

imnotawitch
09.07.2012 , 08:39 PM | #1394
With two immediate family members and my godfather in the medical field, I've heard horror stories about organic chemistry as the killer of doctor dreams. Sorry it didn't work out, but good luck to grad school and a new chapter of your life!

Prompt: Changes

Characters: SI (Mel'ake), Talos

Spoilers: Up to SI endgame

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

bright_ephemera
09.08.2012 , 01:28 AM | #1395
Ugh, organic chemistry. Orgo kills. Stepping out of the way of orgo killing you is very often a good career choice, not to mention a good sanity choice.

Let's see, Changes/New Paths for Vierce Savins. Spoilers for a Republic quest on Nar Shaddaa. 1900 words.

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

imnotawitch
09.08.2012 , 07:47 AM | #1396
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Ugh, organic chemistry. Orgo kills. Stepping out of the way of orgo killing you is very often a good career choice, not to mention a good sanity choice.

Let's see, Changes/New Paths for Vierce Savins. Spoilers for a Republic quest on Nar Shaddaa. 1900 words.

Spoiler
Eee, another Vierce story. I love Vierce and his Dorne interactions and his indecisiveness and everything about him.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music."- George Carlin
*Forever Shenanigans*

bright_ephemera
09.08.2012 , 10:56 AM | #1397
Quote: Originally Posted by imnotawitch View Post

Prompt: Changes

Characters: SI (Mel'ake), Talos

Spoilers: Up to SI endgame
Squee, Talos!

I hadn't heard the line you reference. That is very Talos. If anybody has records they can look through, I've located the conversation even though I didn't take the referenced response:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

imnotawitch
09.08.2012 , 11:54 AM | #1398
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Squee, Talos!

I hadn't heard the line you reference. That is very Talos. If anybody has records they can look through, I've located the conversation even though I didn't take the referenced response:
Spoiler
Spoiler
*Forever Shenanigans*

Striges
09.08.2012 , 03:26 PM | #1399
Elliotcat, so sorry to hear about O-chem. Think of it not as a roadblock , but a detour sign. Best of luck in grad school. (Who knows, maybe stuff will click sometime during the semester. It could happen)

@Imnotawitch:I love Talos. He’s adorable. Talos stories? Awesome!

@Bright: Vierce’s attitude toward Elara feels so spot-on to me, especially with his history regarding the Empire. This was a really interesting episode.

Ummm, no story from me yet. I just wrestled the screenshots and MSPaint into submission (my screenshots were saving only to the clipboard for some idiotic reason) and produced a basic Portrait Gallery of my characters, and an Action Gallery with poses! Nowhere near as good as Bright’s, I’m afraid. The closeups worked all right so I thought I’d try something else. Nobody has The Official Ponytail--my only character with a ponytail is male

irishfino
09.08.2012 , 03:54 PM | #1400
Fierce Vierce is totally gonna hit that.

And Talos in another story? Eeeeeeee!! I find that man ungodly adorable!
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!