Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
08.26.2012 , 03:23 PM | #1231
Quote: Originally Posted by Magdalane View Post
Sorry I haven't responded, but I've loved all the trooper stories! You all captured the military life really well, and I agree, they're called to do things that no one else can, then live with it. And I can totally see Remi as a child in that story. My new job is kicking my tail, and I've had to catch up today.

Here's my entry for Turning Point:
Aww, poor Miriah!! Although I do have to wonder what her older sister would have done if/when she found out what happened.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
08.26.2012 , 04:17 PM | #1232
Child Remi is adorable. "I already know how to sit"...I sympathize.

And Miriah! I had no idea!

Here's a Turning Point for Trooper Vierce Savins, since I’m just now figuring out where he came from and what he's doing with his life. 900 words. No spoilers.

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Magdalane
08.26.2012 , 05:02 PM | #1233
Iamthehoyden, in my mind, Maura finds out and files a report with the academy, but Miriah refuses to go back once she's felt the freedom of a smuggler's life. After a six month apprenticeship, Miriah uses her life savings plus the inheritance her father left her to by the Stardancer.

Bright, love this story line! Your trooper is exactly what I would expect a trooper to be.

Republic, just read your story, and am so glad your Vette is portrayed with intelligence and feelings!

Striges, wow!

Svein, really enjoyed this!

Maybe I can get caught up after ops tonight!
Love is the strongest magic of them all.

iamthehoyden
08.26.2012 , 05:38 PM | #1234
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Notes:

Spoiler
He definitely doesn't come across as a dolt, more as a guy who has always had dirt under his fingernails. The kind that is full of common sense and responsible and bullheaded tough. As a girl who grew up in a blue-collar family in a blue-collar part of the country, I love him
---------------

Morgani
08.26.2012 , 06:33 PM | #1235
Troopers are really coming out to shine this week. I guess someplace like a galaxy far far away would have a million turning points for soldiers. I'm really liking the stories so far. So here's Ipha's and some ways Brei'yu's

Turning Point

Minor spoiler for the previous leader of Havoc Squad.

Spoiler

Author's Note
Spoiler
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

iamthehoyden
08.26.2012 , 07:40 PM | #1236
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Troopers are really coming out to shine this week. I guess someplace like a galaxy far far away would have a million turning points for soldiers. I'm really liking the stories so far. So here's Ipha's and some ways Brei'yu's
Awww, poor girls, I hate seeing families torn apart, especially when it's someone you love doing something stupid that you REALLY want to shake them silly for.
---------------

iamthehoyden
08.26.2012 , 09:51 PM | #1237
No Good Very Bad Days (the lighter side)

Murphy's Law Says...
BH - Skari and crew - no spoilers
Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler
---------------

kabeone
08.27.2012 , 02:36 AM | #1238
@Magdalane Poor Miriah! (Sadly it is also something that could and has happened. )

@bright_ephemera Yay more Vierce, I like where you're going with him. It will be interesting to see how he handles witnessing all the Republic's up's and downs if you continue with him.

@Morgani sad to see them torn apart. I like to think Brei is still doing good even if she's on the opposite side AND she gets to have Vector.

@iamthehoyden Yikes, a very bad day. I had to laugh at the fake though. I keep wondering if it's worth it to put up with skadge just to get blizz.

bright_ephemera
08.27.2012 , 05:37 AM | #1239
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Turning Point

No spoilers.

Focus First
Spoiler
Pierce again. Followed by Scourge again. I am not in any way biased in this recommendation.

I should really do some Lord Draahg alternate histories...
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

SveinEternity
08.27.2012 , 08:07 AM | #1240
@Magdalane that was sad. I mean wow that really makes you think because that sort of thing happens not just in Star Wars. Fantastic job!

@bright_ephemera I think Verice is going to be the next Ruth! You have done a fantastic job with him so far and I am enjoying the way your writing him. I just hope that he can come to terms that the Republic is not the perfect happy plac he thought it was. Great job!

@Morgani Man this was just wow. What an interesting story. I always love any of your trooper stories but his was awesome. Great job on this

@iamthehoyden I laughed when they found out it was a fake. But, that would have been a horrible day for them. Also, I'm glad Skadge is out. I still could not even see why he would even think of coming along with me.... And I with him. He's just so ugh. Great job!

@Kabe That was awesome! I loved little Remi, shes just so awesome. "I already know how to sit" was probaly my faverite line. I also, can't wait to see what you do with Master Xin. Great job on this!
The Eternity Legacy