Are you really looking forward to server transfers/merges?

I for one am not looking forward to this happening. Sure call me crazy, but I don't like being the only one leveling on a planet at any given time or waiting for hours upon hours to get a pvp pop or group for a flashpoint. So why then do I not want to be forced into transferring to another server? It's simple. I do not want to be forced to transfer my toons to another server for the fact that I reserved the game and have been a member since day one. I got the early access and made sure that I made toons just to reserve their names. If I have to transfer servers I know that I will have to change at least half of those names. I have 3 level 50's and a level 42 and planned on playing every class for it's story. If you take away what little character customization and attachment that I have with my toons it will be an unsub for me.

While I can totally appreciate the character attachment and your love of your own names... is it not more important that the game is actually playable and you choose a slightly different name? Otherwise really, what do you have? Write your name in paint and save it to your desktop. It's about as useful to you.

I honestly could care less about my names. mistly because i use the same names in every game and they are fairly unique. Im sure Skooter and Creamcicle may not transfer but my mains has never been an issue. I dont play MMOs to worry about my characters name. In fact I hope i can change the names. RP Servers i can see it being an issue but again that is where i would expect the most unique names

Nope. I don't have anymore character slots to merge my characters from my Empire server to what use to be my Republic server for me to take advantage of it. It does me absolutely no good. I'm stil trying to wrap my head around the only eight slots thing. Ask about it, and the answer is...

"We have plans, but are not ready to talk about it yet"

what a joke.

Nope. I don't have anymore character slots to merge my characters from my Empire server to what use to be my Republic server for me to take advantage of it. It does me absolutely no good. I'm stil trying to wrap my head around the only eight slots thing. Ask about it, and the answer is...

"We have plans, but are not ready to talk about it yet"

what a joke.

It's simple, you'll transfer all you chars from 1 server to another, and the ones on your second server you'll choose a different new server to move them to,, or alternatively you can mix and match. Seriously is it that complicated?

You'll unsub because you'll have to choose a new name? seriously, grow up.

Just because we play this game for different reasons doesn't give you the right to be rude to people. I like making toons and actually playing them. I chose the names for a reason and would not like to be FORCED to change them. What if they forced a reset to your pvp rank or crew skills. At least you would eventually get them back but I won't be able to change my name back. And I don't like making my toon names slightly different, it's just a pet peeve. Just because it isn't a big deal to you doesn't mean you get to go around harassing everyone about it.

Edited by Ninja_Amnesty

Just because we play this game for different reasons doesn't give you the right to be rude to people. I like making toons and actually playing them. I chose the names for a reason and would not like to be FORCED to change them. What if they forced a reset to your pvp rank or crew skills. At least you would eventually get them back but I won't be able to change my name back. And I don't like making my toon names slightly different, it's just a pet peeve. Just because it isn't a big deal to you doesn't mean you get to go around harassing everyone about it.

I would rather have to change my character name and be on a server with hundreds of other people so I can queue for PvP, find groups etc .. than to be standing, alone, on a server with my name ...

Also, if your name is unique, it won't be a problem but, if you are named something like Boba, Yoda, or some other, very non-unique name, then yes, you will probably lose it. Just a suggestion though, make a unique name. My characters I have no worries about moving and having to rename as, I highly doubt anyone has their names already ;)

At this point I don't care about the names. What I do care about is how long it's going to take to get functional servers up and running again. Even at peak times most servers have gotten to the point where the simply don't work any more. I have to create alts for crafting because I can't buy items on the GTN because everyone quit. I can't get stuff from a lot of guildmates because they have disappeared from the game. WZ queue's take hours.

If I remember correctly 1.2 got pushed back about a month. 1.3 hasn't been put on PTS and I have not seen a release date. I'm thinking that it could be 2 months until server transfers occur. Even then, without merges there's no reason to think that the transfers will be effective based on the information that I've seen. If there's updated information available, then someone please point me in the direction to read something that will give me some hope. I'm not going to spend the next 2 months doing dailies and I doubt that I'll be coming back even if the server populations are worked out some day.

To be honest?

Nope. Not at all. I'm perfectly content playing the game solo, only seeing other people running around every once in a while. I don't *like* competing with other people for spawns/quest nodes, etc., I have very little interest in running FP's./Ops, and I have ZERO interest in PvP.

For me, the only point of other people in the game is their credits, so I can sell crafted stuff to them and see them using my crafted stuff. And my server is populated enough for that to be viable. (and NOT so populated as to have too much competition)

Then, of course, there's the whole "Name" thing.

Yes I am looking forward to server merges and character transfers. The sooner the better, however I came back to play because there is nothing else worth playing anymore, so I'll wait until it happens then play beyond that.

I'm staying for the long hall, even though I quit playing about five months ago. Re-rolling on a new server as well since my server is low population and my guild doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by SWGVet

At this point I don't care about the names. What I do care about is how long it's going to take to get functional servers up and running again. Even at peak times most servers have gotten to the point where the simply don't work any more. I have to create alts for crafting because I can't buy items on the GTN because everyone quit. I can't get stuff from a lot of guildmates because they have disappeared from the game. WZ queue's take hours.

If I remember correctly 1.2 got pushed back about a month. 1.3 hasn't been put on PTS and I have not seen a release date. I'm thinking that it could be 2 months until server transfers occur. Even then, without merges there's no reason to think that the transfers will be effective based on the information that I've seen. If there's updated information available, then someone please point me in the direction to read something that will give me some hope. I'm not going to spend the next 2 months doing dailies and I doubt that I'll be coming back even if the server populations are worked out some day.

And I think the day after that the oceans will boil, all life on earth will disappear and the sky will fall in.

BioWare could ease the worry about loss of character names by one simple fix, letting our Legacy last names be our "real last names", I don't know why BioWare is so Hellbent on being against letting us have real last names in their game. I don't want to lose my character names either & just like the OP I got into early access & all that just so I could reserve my names. I won't get over the loss of them, BioWare better have a fix or so many of us will quit...I'm pretty sure BioWare knows it too so they better have a plan.

/edit: I've been reminded that BioWare did encounter the name problem with the Asia/Pacific transfers & altho a bit rocky at the start, they eventually put something in place to settle it for the players, so I hope they use that plan on a larger scale so that we all can keep our character names for the big servers transfers.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

Yes.

To be quite honest, if Bioware doesn't have transfers before GW2 I will more than likely no longer play this game. I love the pvp in this game, but there are only about 35 people on the server that pvp, which adds up to maybe 3 hours of play tops. Every week we lose more and I shouldn't have to reroll to enjoy this game. I put a ton of work into my 3 War Hero's, I even took time off work to level them, and really dont want to start again.