Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Warlord Kephess Hard Mode Strategy Guide

Aurojiin
06.01.2012 , 06:09 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzi View Post
I disagree here.
Just to clarify, my rotational approach for this phase is Rejuvenate>Healing Trance>Deliverance filler. As you've illustrated, it makes by far the most sense.

I'm not sure what I was thinking in my original post, tbh. On a HPCT basis, Rejuvenate>Healing Trance on cooldown with Deliverance does actually eclipse hard-casting Deliverance (except when Force Potency comes up, of course). Math fail.

eventidephoenix
06.01.2012 , 09:00 PM | #22
Huge Hugs and Thanks to all the Sages who have responded so far!

Okay so let me summarize the takeaway and see if I got it right

1) Rejuv should always be on
2) Bubble whenever possible
3) Trance saves lives which are low, don't be afraid to use it
4) Deliverance to start casting even when health bar is full/near full
5) f*** Benevolence

Did i get that about right?

Aurojiin
06.01.2012 , 10:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
Did i get that about right?
Pretty much. Remember to always follow Rejuv with HT, since (at the moment) HT doesn't consume the Conveyance proc, meaning you can get double benefit from it versus leading with Deliverance.

Inzi
06.01.2012 , 10:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Pretty much. Remember to always follow Rejuv with HT, since (at the moment) HT doesn't consume the Conveyance proc, meaning you can get double benefit from it versus leading with Deliverance.
I noticed that phenomenon soon after 1.2, but when I tried to recreate it in the fleet a few days ago it behaved as it SHOULD (i.e. no double bonus). I am not sure if it was a fix or if it's only in-combat or what.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

Aurojiin
06.01.2012 , 10:33 PM | #25
I noticed that phenomenon soon after 1.2, but when I tried to recreate it in the fleet a few days ago it behaved as it SHOULD (i.e. no double bonus). I am not sure if it was a fix or if it's only in-combat or what.
Were you casting on yourself? HT does consume Conveyance if self-cast, but not on any other target.

If not then they ninja-fixed it.

Inzi
06.01.2012 , 10:42 PM | #26
Were you casting on yourself? HT does consume Conveyance if self-cast, but not on any other target.

If not then they ninja-fixed it.
It was on Qyzen. Who knows.

Anyway, I think we've covered the basics of "How to Tank Heal on a Sage." On the Kephess fight, however, something really good to consider is "when is it okay to spam the bejeezies out of consumption/whateverthesillylifetapbuttoniscalledforrepublic." This will allow you to afford to be inefficient at heavy throughput times and not have to use GCDs for tapping. Key times include:
  • As the last of the initial 3 droids is being killed, there tends to not be much healing to do. I tap a few times, but it's really important to not overdo it--the bomber has it out for me and I've nearly died a few times when he first spawns. Better to be safe here.
  • If your raid is fine on walker dps, it's safe to get all of your force back during walker down phases.
  • During the pulsar droids, you can usually get a few taps out. Just drop a puddle, bubble & rejuv the rail shot tank, and tap away.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

eventidephoenix
06.02.2012 , 04:30 AM | #27
It was on Qyzen. Who knows.

Anyway, I think we've covered the basics of "How to Tank Heal on a Sage." On the Kephess fight, however, something really good to consider is "when is it okay to spam the bejeezies out of consumption/whateverthesillylifetapbuttoniscalledforrepublic." This will allow you to afford to be inefficient at heavy throughput times and not have to use GCDs for tapping. Key times include:
  • As the last of the initial 3 droids is being killed, there tends to not be much healing to do. I tap a few times, but it's really important to not overdo it--the bomber has it out for me and I've nearly died a few times when he first spawns. Better to be safe here.
  • If your raid is fine on walker dps, it's safe to get all of your force back during walker down phases.
  • During the pulsar droids, you can usually get a few taps out. Just drop a puddle, bubble & rejuv the rail shot tank, and tap away.
Hmmm interesting to note I have this very bad habit of always hitting it right after Innervate/Healing Trance, keeping my force near full until Kephess where suddenly all my focus is on the Tank... Dunno if that's a good idea =\

Aurojiin
06.02.2012 , 04:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
Hmmm interesting to note I have this very bad habit of always hitting it right after Innervate/Healing Trance, keeping my force near full until Kephess where suddenly all my focus is on the Tank... Dunno if that's a good idea =\
If no one's dying, you can obviously spare the GCD. Not much more to say really. I'll NS whenever Resplendence procs in OPs, so long as I have the time.

eventidephoenix
06.02.2012 , 10:11 AM | #29
If no one's dying, you can obviously spare the GCD. Not much more to say really. I'll NS whenever Resplendence procs in OPs, so long as I have the time.
phew so I'm not the only want obsessed with trying to max out force bar if possible ^^

Inzi
06.02.2012 , 01:33 PM | #30
The problem is, at least in 16 man, I find that sometimes I just don't have the time. So after I've skipped a couple over a spam of time, my force bar isn't at full. I mean, it's not EMPTY, but it's not full. My emphasis here is that I always want to go into the Kephess phase with it 100% full and there are good times to "fix" any backup you've had. Using it on every proc during the last phase just isn't always an option and if the guy who originally asked for advice is having trouble with his tanks dying, then he might not have time either.
Ferne R'y | Sage