Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarkos
05.31.2012 , 11:41 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Listen folks, If you're going to be incredibly rude and break any of our forum rules, you're going to have a bad time. [insert meme image]

this.
- '' I suggest a new strategy, Ray. Let EA win. ''

-Dench
05.31.2012 , 11:41 AM | #42
Listen folks, If you're going to be incredibly rude and break any of our forum rules, you're going to have a bad time. [insert meme image]

We're going to respond to things that we can actually respond to.

Outside of interviews that have been given, any of our news articles and our weekly Q&As, I honestly do not have any new information as of right now other than what I just posted. When we do have new information we'll share it with you.
One of my gripes is that we have to rely on outside sources for information (twitter, PC Gamer, etc).

Is it one of your goals to make sure that all the new info that hits outside sources also is distributed here?
New England Bay - NE|B - A New England based guild http://newenglandbay.com/

SpaceGaunt
05.31.2012 , 11:44 AM | #43
Gosh man some people on these forums are RUDE!

Come on guys, i'm sure we can have more civility than this!

They're not the development, they don't know EVERYTHING that is going on behind the scenes, so why not get the insight they do have?

How come we, the community, are flaming them for things that are out of their control?!

Some people really need to put things perspective. These are people working on the Bioware team, not robots, they have feelings like anyone else. Don't bully them because your expectations of what should and should not be told are not met.
"I learned a long time ago, never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
-HelinCarnate

MarshalVaako
05.31.2012 , 11:44 AM | #44
Hello

Just popping in to say not everyone in the community is full of bile. There are those who not only love SWTOR but still have faith in Bioware and the future of the game.

Thank you for the introductions and I look forward to seeing how this will aid in future development.

Cheers
COLLECTORS EDITION VIP
Just say NO to.....
(Arenas) (Cross-Server Anything) (MicroTransactions)
(Addons/Mods/Macros) (Switching Advanced Classes)

SoNofHuD
05.31.2012 , 11:45 AM | #45
Question for the community team: Why would you sign-up to manage a community of raging Star Wars nerds? Hope the pay is good.
== wHo-DAT Kardashian ==
<PACE>

ProfessorWalsh
05.31.2012 , 11:46 AM | #46
We're very aware that this is the top issue facing the community right now and rest assured that the teams are working on launching this when it is ready. It's definitely one of our priorities, but we want to make sure that it is fully functional and ready before it goes live. This is why you're going to be seeing a lot of "soon"s and "we're working on it".

In sum: we are listening and character transfers are our priority.

Joveth the problem I think many are having with this at the moment is that the changes are taking far too long. Every day we wait it makes things worse and worse for some servers.

I'm only able to talk about what I am experiencing on Lord Adraas at the moment but...

We struggle in non-prime time to get 8 people into a Warzone on the Republic side. We usually get 7. The Imperials are constantly, and I do mean 24/7 it seems, running around with multiple groups, usually premades. Not only do they get to PVP with us, but they get to PVP with others.

As one poster, in a concerns thread who plays Imperial on Lord Adraas said:
"When we know there are PUGs queuing up we yell "Pugs!" in the general because we all know it means free win."

The Imps, on our server, can gear up far faster than we can. This leads to a disparity. I feel BioWare has to do something to address the disparity that the weeks and weeks of imbalance has caused. What I want to know is what, if anything, you are going to do to even things out.

Edit:
To add...

This isn't an issue of saying "Give us server transfers now!" because I know that isn't possible. However this is an issue of "We need something for the weeks and weeks of population imbalance that has now lead to a gear imbalance that even server transfers won't fix."

I mean I've queued up (and summarily been stomped in) dozens of matches that were (and remained) 6 v 8. Where we were pugs against premades and as one of the people being told I have to wait until 1.3 it hurts. Why should I continue to play and play as an extreme underdog when doing so only serves to make my enemies even stronger?

I think the people who do this should get something for all of our suffering. A bonus package of commendations to make up for it? A few pieces of gear to even out the gear disparity? Something.
"There is no room for compromise. We walk the path of the light side, or we fall into darkness. There is no gray area, Ben."
~ Jedi Grand Master Luke Skywalker (P. 187 FotJ, Book II: Omen)
Host of the Jedi Council stream also author of From the Journal of Val Starwind

Lurchy
05.31.2012 , 11:47 AM | #47
Nice initiative, it will be a good thing to actually have a dialogue rather than the canned responses we have become accustomed to. Kick that slacker Chris up the bum and get him to introduce his crew to us EU types

It would be nice to see you guys actively joining in the forum discussions also (although I know that can be damned tricky as people love to twist and deliberately misread even the most carefully worded posts).

Also, thankyou for taking my spoof sketch thread on the forum today 'The Bioware and the dead server sketch' for what it is (just a bit of fun) and not sending it to moderator hell
Originally Posted by ErisktheRed
my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved.

AllisonBerryman
05.31.2012 , 11:49 AM | #48 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Keymod View Post
Will you mostly be using twitter or the forums for communication
We always want to make sure information reaches players on outlets that are convenient for them, and that means we'll continue to use a variety of outlets to get information out there, BUT we do want to make sure news and important information is represented on all our official outlets - that means the forums, our blog, and our social media pages. We'll continue blogs like our Q&A, which takes questions directly from the forums, and we'll always work to get information to you here.

This doesn't mean that there won't ever be exclusive info on press sites, but we will always work to make sure that players can get important game information and news, no matter where you choose to look.

Keymod
05.31.2012 , 11:50 AM | #49
Ty for the response
Buzzbrad - The Shadowlands From The Razor - Mercenary
DDE VIP

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 11:51 AM | #50 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lurchy View Post
Kick that slacker Chris up the bum and get him to introduce his crew to us EU types
He just did! The French team and the German team!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lurchy View Post
It would be nice to see you guys actively joining in the forum discussions also (although I know that can be damned tricky as people love to twist and deliberately misread even the most carefully worded posts).
That's what we're aiming to do