Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 05:20 PM | #221 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithGap View Post

Can I make a suggestion that you throw some pics of folks up somewhere on the site? It does tend to make people feel more human when you can see what they look like.
Oh we will. Everyone is going to have a detailed profile published in the upcoming weeks and you'll be able to see what we all look like.
I'm not gonna lie: we're quite the lookers.
At least that's what our moms tell us.

lexiekaboom
05.31.2012 , 05:22 PM | #222
Is there a way you could filter you posts to not appear in the dev tracker?

I love what you are trying to do but I like the dev tracker as a simple way to read about what HAS changed or what IS changing. There is a lot of critical information there that should remain accessible at a moments notice.

For posts about what MIGHT change or why it ISN'T changing to that filter helps, or even community building, I don't think this is the correct outlet. No offence and again I completely support what you are doing, but I don't want to scroll though 10 posts about who on the team likes what classes when I'm trying to see when my server is going to be back up after a crash. Prehaps your own "community team tracker"?

Oddzball
05.31.2012 , 05:24 PM | #223
Joveth is a very odd name by the way.

That your real name?

RedWolfs
05.31.2012 , 05:31 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

Since 1.2, we have been monitoring the threads about sound issues carefully. However, the problem is not isolated to one or even a few individual bugs. Rather, there have been multiple (sometimes overlapping) problems - some with similar symptoms. Thus far, we’ve been able to address several of the prominent issues like the “jet engine” and other loud noise on the fleet (1.2.0c, 1.2.1 ) and sounds stacking when getting multiple PvP medals (1.2.2), and we haven’t stopped working on fixes for other issues that you’re seeing, such as sound that “crackles” or losing sound gradually and/or randomly.

Your reports surrounding issues are always helpful when they’re ongoing and/or complex (and when they’re not!), so please don’t hesitate to add information and details to existing threads if you are seeing problems. Thanks for all of the details and information you’ve already given! o/’’\o
To see this in the dev tracker is a breath of fresh air. My grumble side is mad that they got community involvement 5 months too late. My SWTOR lover is yelling cheers.

JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 05:36 PM | #225 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddzball View Post
Joveth is a very odd name by the way.

That your real name?
Yes it is

Oddzball
05.31.2012 , 05:41 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Yes it is
Hehe I googled it , it is indeed. And you were younger then I expected.

And i approve of this picture.

https://twitpic.com/show/iphone/2r1i0q

Speaking of which, Zombie appoc coming? Lotta crazy stuff going on down in florida...

DecanAndersen
05.31.2012 , 05:43 PM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

Since 1.2, we have been monitoring the threads about sound issues carefully. However, the problem is not isolated to one or even a few individual bugs. Rather, there have been multiple (sometimes overlapping) problems - some with similar symptoms. Thus far, we’ve been able to address several of the prominent issues like the “jet engine” and other loud noise on the fleet (1.2.0c, 1.2.1 ) and sounds stacking when getting multiple PvP medals (1.2.2), and we haven’t stopped working on fixes for other issues that you’re seeing, such as sound that “crackles” or losing sound gradually and/or randomly.

Your reports surrounding issues are always helpful when they’re ongoing and/or complex (and when they’re not!), so please don’t hesitate to add information and details to existing threads if you are seeing problems. Thanks for all of the details and information you’ve already given! o/’’\o
My question is, why did it all go wrong in 1.2.0?
Everything was fine and superb sound quality before there.
Now, when we log in on the fleet,
the background noise, people, droids, chattering and so on, already there stutters and falls out.
Did you add more sounds in 1.2.0 for it to suddenly overlap and cause sound chokes,
or is it a memory leak as many claims it is?
Anyway, we are many that hopes for a permanent fix soon.
Right now, half way in a raid, we are taking turns on booting the game and swapping leaders.
Everyone has to restart their client.
If we dont do it, we dont hear the sound ques we need to hear, in order to successively getting the bosses down.
EXTREMELY frustrating.
Also, when your having a good time with a few friends in PvP.
Some one always has to "Brb, sounds issue restart."
Very frustrating when you just want to group em up again and quickly queue again to get in a game again.
Instead, we have to wait for at least one to restart, then queue, and more waiting for the queue to pop.

Thanks.
<> The Red Eclipse <>
<> Décan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Shadow <>
<> Decan <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Sentinel <>
<> Décán <> LvL 50 <> Jedi Guardian <>

-Sev
05.31.2012 , 05:43 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Oddzball View Post
Hehe I googled it , it is indeed. And you were younger then I expected.

And i approve of this picture.

https://twitpic.com/show/iphone/2r1i0q
wow lol, cool zombie pic

Dsan
05.31.2012 , 05:52 PM | #229
I'd LOVE to see a region representative appointed as well - eg, I'm an Aussie so it'd be great to have a person fighting for issues specific to Australia/New Zealand - things like unacceptable maintenance downtimes during our prime time. I feel these issues are shrugged off and dismissed too often because we're a relative minority compared to the stronger voice in other regions.

I'd feel a lot better knowing there was a specific person sitting in on meetings pushing forward concerns from the AU/NZ player base so I can be sure our concerns are being heard and acknowledged. That person can then deliver updates to the AU/NZ players directly.

I'm sure EU players would love to see something like this as well :-)
Light side or dark side, Republic or Empire - they're all the same to me...
I go where the force leads...

XplosiveDonut
05.31.2012 , 05:52 PM | #230
I have a question I've been dying to get answered but I had no way to ask it until now:
I love playing as a Jedi Guardian and it never gets old leaping straight into the fray of battle, but I've been patiently waiting ever since the game was released to be able to lower the hood of my robe. If you could let us know if its in the works or even coming soon I would be extremely grateful.