Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mikphobos's Avatar


mikphobos
05.31.2012 , 01:01 PM | #111
great to see they introduce... but how good, reliable and what experience they have?

because so far it was the community manager Joveth Gonzalez , who was fast to point its finger and name a customer (fan as they call us) of lie and make up something on the fatman while they have some world pvp issue withs a GM, and they even say actions was gonna be taken again him. one hour later he come back with a apology saying he was wrong..

actions like that show he is very green for this job still.....
so im worry about if this team is actually good news, or its just gonna be more problems.....

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 01:02 PM | #112 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnSkylar View Post
Do you think that some of these folks you've mentioned, with all the characters they play, would be interested in planning some live social events with players? That would be awesome.
Yes. The logistics of all of that would have to be mapped out first (approvals, possible legal issues, etc), but it's definitely something that we want to investigate for the future.

metalgearyoda's Avatar


metalgearyoda
05.31.2012 , 01:05 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
As community managers would you consider keeping an up to date "In patch X.X..." thread stickied in general?

The reason I ask is because many of the posts on this board are due to confusion over what has and has not been said about the future of the game.

A clear bulleted summery of features, changes, and content with links to all the relevant Q/As, twitter posts, and interviews would be easily maintained if you did a little every few days and would be a fount of information that could be, and this is important, easily accessible for all the forum goers.

Arlee on MMOc, Dulfy, and DH tend to do an okay job of it but having to go to 3rd party sites to get compiled information is a bit demoralizing and many of the community members are unaware of them.

Really love that you guys are making the effort to step into the thunderdome of general forum.
I feel like this may have been buried quickly and while I know I am not entitled to an answer because I am not rainbow jebus I would like one :X... Yeah... Spoiled I know.

One poster asked something similar and got a "we would sticky something a poster would make" is that a "no" to handling your own compilations?
Expecting us to stay on top of what the collective "you" says is no small feat (and we wouldn't be getting paid to do so).
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Jinxblog's Avatar


Jinxblog
05.31.2012 , 01:06 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I'm flattered, but my characters must remain secret, so I'm afraid you'll never know the answer!
Do you guys participate in player Ops? I ask because Vent is usually required and who knows, perhaps my raid is coordinating and talking with a BW employee xD
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.

curtkram's Avatar


curtkram
05.31.2012 , 01:07 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
I'm seeing many trolls and flooded general chats in the future if you receive the answer you seek
Probably. Part of the problem I have with where the game is currently at is that developers really seem to have given up on us. There has been no action regarding server populations, there have been considerable layoffs in their office, and the EA earnings report kind of suggested their parent company considers them a low priority. The community team has done an adequate job of letting us know that this is something their looking into, and it's important. But when the marketing is focused on updating a legacy system I had to abandon on a dead server, I really don't feel like their helping me out.

I know the community team can't just jump in and fix it. However, I think this can personalize them a bit more; let me know that they really do understand how frustrating they're making this game. It will let me know that they want to take a risk and really connect with the community and all of it's problems. Or maybe they're not really playing the same game, and fudge their character stats and switch servers on a whim.

lexiekaboom's Avatar


lexiekaboom
05.31.2012 , 01:08 PM | #116
In the first Q&A ever the dev. team talked about 16 man operations and how they should be easier to do then 8 man. The current state of the game couldn't be farther from the truth with my guild able to breeze though 8 man anything in an hour or so while clearing even story mode EC 16 man is a nightmare.

In a game where player population is the biggest issue and server transfers are right around the corner, can I get a little insight in to the reason behind forcing the few large guilds who can field 16+ rosters to do 8 man content? There are more a few people in my guild thinking of leaving the game as they feel the guild would be better off with an 8 man roster, and the idea of having 16 log on to do two 8 man zones is just ... silly. I'm finding it harder and harder to disagree with them; we can clear hard mode EC 8 man with any 8 members of our guild in a night, but 16 man story mode EC takes 2 days if we can clear it at all. Can't kill the first boss on 16 man hard. Why put in SO much more effort for the same loot?

psi_overtake's Avatar


psi_overtake
05.31.2012 , 01:09 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
I feel like this may have been buried quickly and while I know I am not entitled to an answer because I am not rainbow jebus I would like one :X... Yeah... Spoiled I know.

One poster asked something similar and got a "we would sticky something a poster would make" is that a "no" to handling your own compilations?
Expecting us to stay on top of what the collective "you" says is no small feat (and we wouldn't be getting paid to do so).
I posted this in another thread a couple weeks ago, but I was once part of a game that had a progress bar on upcoming game features. While I see how that can be easily extrapolated to draw incorrect conclusions, I think it's a great way for us to feel like there's progress being made on the most whined-about issues (transfers, ranked WZ, etc.).
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Dragonexadon's Avatar


Dragonexadon
05.31.2012 , 01:13 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Yes. The logistics of all of that would have to be mapped out first (approvals, possible legal issues, etc), but it's definitely something that we want to investigate for the future.
I have such a live social event taking place with my guild on Belgoths Beacon this summer. While short notice I believe this is the first SWTOR lan party I have seen. Any support would be awesome (We also got some pet codes and thank you for them!)

We are trying to spark peoples interest in going.

(Details of event: http://www.force-effect.net/Page/GuildSummit)
FORCE EFFECT
|US-East || PVP Server || Casual Guild || End Game Operations & PVP
http://www.force-effect.net/

psi_overtake's Avatar


psi_overtake
05.31.2012 , 01:13 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by lexiekaboom View Post
... we can clear hard mode EC 8 man with any 8 members of our guild in a night, but 16 man story mode EC takes 2 days if we can clear it at all. Can't kill the first boss on 16 man hard. Why put in SO much more effort for the same loot?
Our guild did this on Tuesday, actually. It took 3-4 attempts, but we finally got it. It's probably harder to do because EC is very placement- and mechanics-driven, and the previous 2 ops aren't so as much. Also, they do give you more BH comms for 16-man
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

JovethGonzalez's Avatar


JovethGonzalez
05.31.2012 , 01:13 PM | #120 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by mikphobos View Post
great to see they introduce... but how good, reliable and what experience they have?

because so far it was the community manager Joveth Gonzalez , who was fast to point its finger and name a customer (fan as they call us) of lie and make up something on the fatman while they have some world pvp issue withs a GM, and they even say actions was gonna be taken again him. one hour later he come back with a apology saying he was wrong..

actions like that show he is very green for this job still.....
so im worry about if this team is actually good news, or its just gonna be more problems.....
It's certainly understandable to be cautious of any new changes, but I wanted to let you know that I've worked several years as a Community Manager prior to BioWare, but that's not why I wanted to respond to this.

I've already explained what happened this past weekend and apologized personally to the original player affected. Our CS team also quickly called every single person affected and apologized for what had happened.

Mistakes happen and lessons were definitely learned, and we're going to be more thorough in everything that we do. Since all parties involved have no further issues with each other, I'm going to officially ask that we move beyond this. I'm going to, and I hope that you can as well. There is no reason to discuss this further.