Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Team General Update: May 31st, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

metalgearyoda
05.31.2012 , 12:51 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by RedWolfs View Post
I agree story and forking arcs was one of the major things to make SWTOR unique. I certainly hope it does not fall by the wayside.
If the 4th pillar falls then it'll be like any other mmo and I fear that many will grow bored.

I doubt bioware, lord of the story based RPG, will allow that to happen.

I <3 my imperial agents story... SO MUCH.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Sir-Coffee
05.31.2012 , 12:51 PM | #102
Allison Berryman, could you join The Fatman and PvP with us Imps?

psi_overtake
05.31.2012 , 12:52 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
I would still like to know which servers you guys and gals are playing on (and which servers you transferred from if applicable). ...
I'm seeing many trolls and flooded general chats in the future if you receive the answer you seek
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

JohnSkylar
05.31.2012 , 12:52 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
You're definitely entitled to your own opinion, and obviously game updates are incredibly important to all of us, but please note that we are the community team and not the development team. This blog post was meant to address the community team and new changes. We'll have more information for you regarding the game itself when we are able to share.
Personally, I'm really glad you guys are going for an initiative of greater visibility. Vote of confidence from me!

I hope you've seen the other thread I've started about in-game community issues and the really great suggestions that people have made over there about how to improve in-game community.

Do you think that some of these folks you've mentioned, with all the characters they play, would be interested in planning some live social events with players? That would be awesome.
House Arn on Lord Adraas. Currently composed of Tyfe (a Jedi Sentinel) , Wilfryd (a luckless roustabout Scoundrel), Erryl (a Trooper who eats his chunky soup and defends his Republic), and Therys (a mean old Sith Sorc with a meaner past).
If I sound like a jerk, I probably just think I'm being funny. Humor me

mcburly
05.31.2012 , 12:53 PM | #105
Well as someone who has been down in the dumps about the game lately, this is welcome news. One thing I was really unhappy with was the level of communication around here. This seems like a definite step into rectifying that. Actively collaborating with the community on all aspects of the game ultimately leads to a better overall community. I am a firm believer of that.

Oh and can you pass on to Mr. Ohlen to STOP overhyping everything coming to the game. Im pretty sure that has helped create the anger of the playerbase.
Marauder epicness

AllisonBerryman
05.31.2012 , 12:57 PM | #106 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Allison Berryman, could you join The Fatman and PvP with us Imps?
I'm flattered, but my characters must remain secret, so I'm afraid you'll never know the answer!

Sir-Coffee
05.31.2012 , 12:59 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I'm flattered, but my characters must remain secret, so I'm afraid you'll never know the answer!
We don't have to know, but if anyone on your team can join The Fatman and help us Imps(without us knowing who they are), it would be most appreciated. There are so many bad players on the Imp side now. Please help those players become better.

metalgearyoda
05.31.2012 , 01:00 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by mcburly View Post

Oh and can you pass on to Mr. Ohlen to STOP overhyping everything coming to the game. Im pretty sure that has helped create the anger of the playerbase.
To be fair, he might not be hyping. He might just genuinely be excited about what he is talking about.

Too few people really love what they do and I think it might be possible that Ohlen is one of them.

We shouldn't condemn him for enjoying his work.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

erei
05.31.2012 , 01:00 PM | #109
Nice to have some news, and it's cool to see you have ingame characters. On some MMO we feel like the staff is not playing their own game (AOC is one of them, except some staff member, they seems to be playing something else). Also, some nerf are really bad for a class, and makes people think it's because you're not playing the class, and don't know how it works. Commando/merc nerf comes to mind.

Just a question, there is 2people in your staff without AC (Eric Campbell as inquisitor and Eric Musco as trooper). Does that mean they play both AC, they are still trooper/inq at lvl 50 (quite the challenge IMO), or they are still on the first planet ?
Another one, do you guys play the server we use, and are "undercover" inside some guild, not saying they are part of the staff, but enjoying the game the same way we do (like Eve online staff), or do they have a special guild (like GW staff) ?

Anyway, hope you have flame shield guys, it will be needed.

Jinxblog
05.31.2012 , 01:01 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
Nobody asked for names or faces. I can tell you right now that it doesn't matter how much we personally get to know them, that simple fact alone isn't going to improve the game.

I didn't say I wasn't excited or that I know what is going to fix the game and how, I simply said that you're acting like this is the saving grace of the game, as if all problems are going to fade away into myth and memory simply because you know Joveth on a first name basis now. They aren't going away simply because of a few introductions that weren't requested or required, you just seem to be gushing all over this announcement when nothing productive has come from it yet, just give it a few weeks and see where it takes us.

Am I hoping for the best? Sure am. Do I expect this to be the catalyst of big changes? No, not at all. You're the one assuming that I have extreme expectations and want release dates, yet you can't reign in your own hopes for a minute and realize that as of now, this has done nothing for the game.
You only speak for yourself. I asked for names and faces. I may think this is the saving grace of the game. And why do I have to "reign in my own hopes"? Perhaps this one thing has done immense things for the game, for me.

Your statements are not fact, but opinions, and will be treated as such.
No flames are necessary, you are already roasting in the fires of your own stupidity.