Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

JayceeCookie
05.31.2012 , 05:59 AM | #71
I don't see anything wrong with it, I mean it is a game.

I have always played as female characters, and am female in real life. Got used to being called "bro" until I started PVP-ing with my old guild in WoW. There was a moment of profound and awesome silence the first time I said something on vent. It was awesome. No one had ever asked, and I'm not one of those females who whines "But I'm a girl!" in general chat for attention.

Play what you like, and as in all things in life, assuming anything is dangerous or at least foolish.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never tell me the odds.
To the objective!

MWidowmaker
05.31.2012 , 09:35 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Fastdoze View Post
I've encountered some players which I could swear there toon is not the same sex as when they play, by what they say and how they act etc. When encountering a player that does choose this, what are you supposed to think? Judge them in some way? or something else?
i think it is not a big deal
why judge them? based on what exactly?
this is one of those stupid subjects that always comes up in all MMOs, and it never ceases to be absolutely *********** retarded in every single *********** case
only a moron thinks of it as a big deal
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

dronepilot
05.31.2012 , 09:47 AM | #73
I actually don't care, or even worry about it, if a 'guy' wants to play a female toon, or even a girl playing a male toon. Really is a game, and role play is allowed too ?? Not really a big deal, and I 'know' there are guys who get freaked out by guys choosing to play a female toon, but really ? why does it matter so much anyway !

I'm actually a woman, not that I have to offer that explanation, or really justifies my personal beliefs on gender roles, or who should play what in what is, a fantasy game anyway.

Basically you, play how you want to play it, and enjoy your game as you want to play it.
Velseen / Valseena
Jedi Consular Level 50 - Shadow - Infiltrator - Jedi Sage
Tomb of Freedom Nadd

Littlegem
05.31.2012 , 10:23 AM | #74
4x female toons.
1 x male toon

Cyber tranny FTW

Damask_Rose
05.31.2012 , 11:33 AM | #75
If you are going to play both advance classes you will get a more divergent story if you switch up alignment and gender. Why lock yourself out of a big chunk of the story by sticking to only one gender?

What I find truly puzzling are people who play a game with multiple species, and yet keep rolling humans...

Lady_Alyria
05.31.2012 , 12:12 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
If you are going to play both advance classes you will get a more divergent story if you switch up alignment and gender. Why lock yourself out of a big chunk of the story by sticking to only one gender?

What I find truly puzzling are people who play a game with multiple species, and yet keep rolling humans...
I find most the dark side races creepy and ugly, so all my characters are human or chiss. This game is like 75% story, I spent a lot of time looking at my character's face, I'd like not to gag while doing it.

Gren-Aluren
05.31.2012 , 12:29 PM | #77
Here is a good tip for all video games: Assume everyone is a 12 year old male until proven otherwise. You'll enjoy the game a lot more and will not be offended by a majority of player's maturity level. In my guild we only had 3 real girls out of dozens and dozens of males who play female characters. There is nothing wrong with it. Especially if you choose to be a consular because the male voice is extremely annoying. I sure as hell don't want to listen to Nolan North.

wainot-keel
05.31.2012 , 12:37 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Lady_Alyria View Post
I find most the dark side races creepy and ugly, so all my characters are human or chiss. This game is like 75% story, I spent a lot of time looking at my character's face, I'd like not to gag while doing it.
Yeah, happens to me too. I've only been able to keep a face with either a human or cyborg, all the others, I find them too fugly to stand them for long.
For my Bounty Hounter, I'd like a Mirialan, so I'll pay that 1.5 million to unlock the species. Vanity has its price

PresentTense
05.31.2012 , 12:47 PM | #79
I like variety in my characters - none of them have the same combination of personal traits or abilities. That includes making several of them female. In fact, I actually have ten characters planned out because of this.

Female mirialan full light side jedi consular shadow infiltration melee dps (no RA)
Male human mostly light side jedi knight guardian defense tank (OGRA)
Male zabrak neutral trooper commando combat medic healer (OGRA)
Female cyborg mostly dark side smuggler gunslinger sharpshooter ranged dps (SGRA)
Male miraluka full dark side jedi consular sage seer healer (SGRA)

Female twi'lek full light side sith inquisitor assassin darkness tank (OGRA)
Male chiss mostly light side bounty hunter powertech shield tech tank (OGRA)
Female human neutral sith warrior marauder annihilation melee dps (SGRA)
Male rattataki mostly dark side imperial agent operative medicine healer (OGRA)
Male sith pureblood full dark side sith inquisitor sorcerer lightning ranged dps (no RA)

It's obviously an ambitious plan - at the moment, I have two 50s, a 25 and three 20s, and I have no expectation that I'll actually gear all of them. But I feel like this is a better way to play a game in which the story is so much more immersive than the end-game content.

Edit: I should add that this will totally keep going as new content is added. New races will have to be the first step:
Male (new light side race) mostly light side smuggler scoundrel scrapper dps (OGRA)
Female (new dark side race) mostly dark side bounty hunter mercenary arsenal dps (OGRA)

Journeyer
05.31.2012 , 01:17 PM | #80
What I think is that there's 2 versions of each story, and people play as they want. Only thing I judge is when I see people in pug groups asking the girl members if they're girls irl...
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution