Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

Marak
05.30.2012 , 12:29 PM | #11
Tomb Raider is just for girls too amirite?

Some of my favorite SW characters are girls. The Shans alone are awesome.

Your character doesn't have to be an exact representation of yourself. Just fyi.

Stephenjdoug
05.30.2012 , 12:30 PM | #12
ya who cares? im a guy with two female characters, why not?

Nyla
05.30.2012 , 12:32 PM | #13
Dunno, I don't spend my time IRL hunting aliens for money using FTL spaceships, blasters or studying the Force, I don't see why it would be more weird to play a female character.
“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”

BJWyler
05.30.2012 , 12:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaith View Post
Most female toons are guys anyway. It's all about which backside you'd rather stare at
Ain't that the truth! Why else are the Tomb Raider games so popular - I doubt only "girls" play them.

Personally, I don't create alter-egos for myself when playing a game, I don't hard-core RP but still play each toon as an actual "individual" who I follow along/guide through the game. Therefore, I always have a mix of male and female toons in games because that's "who they are" so to speak.

BJ
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more

Lionflash
05.30.2012 , 12:32 PM | #15
It bothers me when there are perfectly acceptable male character to chose from. Unless you want to play a character and it only comes in 1 gender (kinda like old school games) I get it. Or, if they replay the game as a female, again, that's fine.

"I want to stare at a girl's butt rather than a dudes..."

I'm not starring at any butts in the game... and if I was it wouldn't be a cartoonish star wars toon's bum.

In the end, it's for the best. People can do what they want. If it wasn't for that, they wouldnt hire female voice actors for the PCs.

Now that I think about it... I wonder which is the least popular class/gender combo in the game... The other day I went to listen to all voices for each class and gender.

I'll say it's probably the Female Bounty Hunter, and then maybe the Female Trooper... which is unforunate because that's Jennifer Hale... then again she is all over the game anyway.

Rafaman
05.30.2012 , 12:32 PM | #16
Nah, doesn't mean anything. I have male and female toons of all shapes and sizes. It really doesn't say much about me other than I'm an altaholic. Oh... and that I need to get out more. lol

EcrirTwyLar
05.30.2012 , 12:34 PM | #17
I've made female toons in the past (Previous MMO's), but I always end up regretting it later. Maybe I'm old fashioned. I don't think there's anything wrong with it though. My daughter often times plays a male toon because she doesn't like the attention that a female toon brings and I think she just likes the looks of the male toons. lol

JGames
05.30.2012 , 12:34 PM | #18
People make different gender characters for all different reasons.

I for one have mine for Legacy right now.

Chrondo
05.30.2012 , 12:34 PM | #19
its only a problem if you are on this game in search of a date...

Morlaak
05.30.2012 , 12:38 PM | #20
In other games, I might have a problem with. But considering that this one is very voiceover-dependent and I hate some of the male voice actors (Inquisitor, Consular) I've decided to roll a female one for those classes. If anyone asks I will of course say that I'm a man. Nobody has done it yet, though.