Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

Darth_Urtani
10.30.2012 , 11:58 AM | #171
I always think "Wow! This person must be pathetic and weird in real life!!" and then I remember that I have a few female toons and that I don't actually care.
CE VIP

_flint_
10.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #172
I have just as many female toons as I have male ones.

Bad-*** chicks are hot.

RigbyC
10.30.2012 , 04:09 PM | #173
There is really an 18 page thread about this? o.0

Anyway, I roll both genders..... however all my Female toons ended up on Imperial side and my Male toons on the Republic. Not by design just the way it fell.

If you ask me in game if im a guy? (when im on fem toon) i will tell you i am. All my guild know I am male and anyone else I spend any large amounts of time with in game also know.

Really though it isnt an issue unless you make it one.
The Blackstorm Legacy
Sindanarie: Sith Marauder
Rigetsu: Jedi Shadow
Sapphiré: Sniper

TrumpetNut
10.30.2012 , 08:59 PM | #174
Well I play a male just so that people don't go OH YOU"RE A GIRL?????? and talk through the whole FP or WZ or whatever. Idk how they even figure out LoL

vian
10.30.2012 , 10:30 PM | #175
OP,

Roleplaying means creating a Role (that's the 'R' in 'RPG'), and Playing (that's the 'P') the Game (I'll bet you got that one without me even telling you, you clever thing!) as though you were that character. Now, some of us take that further than others - some people basically use their characters as a stand-in for themselves, some write extensive histories and so forth - but it means if I want to play a character who's a cross between Mal Reynolds and James Bond, I choose a male 'toon. Even though I'm a woman.

So, if my husband decides it'd be a hoot to play a cross between Zoe Washburn and Red Sonja, what gender do you think he'll pick?

The way you react to it in game is "Ahh - I see good Captain Bond/Zonya the Bad@** is looking for someone to do a FP; I shall volunteer and have a fine time."

The way you do NOT react to it is "hurrhurr ... toon in dancer outfit ... must hit on her ... " because:
  • SWTOR is a MMORPG, not a singles bar
  • You could be talking to my husband.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Revanchis
10.31.2012 , 10:03 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
My main is a female Zabrak BH. I never get tired of listening to Jennifer Hale. Played male BH in beta weekends and couldn't stand the gruff voice.

But I did just recently roll a male Twi'lek agent as an alt. So I guess I'm redeemed *shrug*.
Female Bounty Hunter is Grey Delisle, the female Trooper is Jennifer Hale.

Cross_Fade
10.31.2012 , 10:19 AM | #177
Me personally, I roll Male characters because I'm a guy. But this game has allot of people who play allot of roles, defiantly thanks to the legacy system. So if a guy or gal want to role play as the opposite sex I don't mind.

Of course, at first I think nothing of it, but if we get to talking while on a mission and I see traits opposite of what gender they're playing I wonder. But I don't really ask because that's none of my business!

Anysao
10.31.2012 , 10:33 AM | #178
It is a little weird if you ask me. It didnt seem to make sense. I'm a male, and I make male characters. but after my third level 50, I didn't want to have a sexist legacy, so I started a female sage.
Don't judge.
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
I will never take someone who says "EAware" seriously.
You cannot escape the Moonbanger!The Ebon Hawk Starfighter Enthusiast.

Bydandii
11.01.2012 , 06:10 AM | #179
It amazes me that after all this time, and so many MMO and stand alone RPG games that this discussion continues to be brought up in forum after forum after forum after...

My mind boggles.

Helig
11.01.2012 , 06:44 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
it's not weird unless you make it weird 0_0
^

This.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie