Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

Lady_Alyria
06.02.2012 , 08:28 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by -psychonaut- View Post
I never understood the whole thing about "I'd rather stare at a female butt when playing" because when I play I tend to focus on whats ahead of me and my surroundings rather than my characters butt. For the record I prefer playing male characters just because I like to look intimidating and I find it hard to do that while playing as a dainty female but I have no problem with guys playing as females and vice versa.
Well in third person view the very center of the screen is my butt, it's kinda hard not to miss. Plus male characters are bigger and takes up more of the screen.

amnie
06.02.2012 , 10:45 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Heranara View Post
True story.

but if i am goin to be honest i think it's not so nice than a girl is making a guy toon more than a guy doing a girl toon.

luckly girl gamers are rare and we don't see it so often anyways.
ok thanks to your last line I know you're joking. good thing.
(then again I have strong disliking for the term 'girl gamer' and told some stupid baby booth off two years ago at gamescom who was trying to sell me some crappy browser game with a glittering 'proud gamer girl' sticker... yuck!)

mikphobos
06.02.2012 , 11:14 AM | #113
it doesnt mean absolutely nothing...
not even sure how this will be a issue for any player, this is one of the most common things done in online games...

RenegadeSLX
06.02.2012 , 02:30 PM | #114
Its like cross dressing.

Weird yeah, but w/e do what you like

Negranit
06.02.2012 , 06:56 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by RenegadeSLX View Post
Its like cross dressing.
No, it isn't.

Sauska
06.02.2012 , 07:52 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Negranit View Post
No, it isn't.
Actually, it sorta is.
The Borealis Legacy

LordGdawg
06.02.2012 , 08:07 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Nah, doesn't mean anything. I have male and female toons of all shapes and sizes. It really doesn't say much about me other than I'm an altaholic. Oh... and that I need to get out more. lol
This...soooo this. QFT.
House: "Fear me! I have killed hundreds of time lords."
The Doctor: : "Fear me. I've killed them all."

denpic
06.02.2012 , 08:21 PM | #118
"Hang on a sec this Sheila's got balls"

Crocodile Dundee

Khalhazar
06.02.2012 , 08:37 PM | #119
Why would you care? This is a big galaxy, full of lots and lots of hoopy species to know, meet, be aware of, and have sex with. You're fixated on, as Tycho says, *the local color*.

Here's the thing. People play different gender characters for lots of reasons. Sure, some of them are more mature than others. Some of them don't even have a reason beyond "hey, maybe I'll make a male warrior and see what Vette is all about" or "Hmm, the male Erudite faces are all unappealing, so maybe I'll try a woman." Why judge them when you can embrace the same freedom? We play this game to escape, not to remain earthbound.

Aurojiin
06.02.2012 , 08:43 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Sauska View Post
Actually, it sorta is.
No, it isn't.

That collection of pixels on the screen is not the player. If you can't separate fantasy from reality, you have issues. I recommend seeking help.

If you subscribe to the idea that a male playing a female character (or vice versa) is like cross-dressing, or reflects on IRL gender identity, or whatever, then killing in a video game must have some correlation to killing in real life, and here we go...

Ban violent games!