Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
What do you think of a guy starting as girl toon and vice versa?

Fastdoze
05.30.2012 , 12:15 PM | #1
I've encountered some players which I could swear there toon is not the same sex as when they play, by what they say and how they act etc. When encountering a player that does choose this, what are you supposed to think? Judge them in some way? or something else?

mariioow
05.30.2012 , 12:17 PM | #2
well you will meet tons of people like that so you will have to get used to it or leave
i got used to it it's not that weird you just gotta think everyone is a men and it works pretty well cause girls mostly doesn't seem to getoffenden when they are confused with a guy on a mmo i think they know about this issue too lol

johnnyreece
05.30.2012 , 12:18 PM | #3
I don't think anything. Shoot, my 4 year old son created a female character (he doesn't really play, mind you - he just likes to run around and click buttons). I figure, they're paying - they can make it whatever they want.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

BlazingShadow
05.30.2012 , 12:19 PM | #4
it's not weird unless you make it weird 0_0

Shaith
05.30.2012 , 12:21 PM | #5
Most female toons are guys anyway. It's all about which backside you'd rather stare at

Dyvid
05.30.2012 , 12:21 PM | #6
It's normal.

Ephor
05.30.2012 , 12:25 PM | #7
who cares...

Vanderhalen
05.30.2012 , 12:26 PM | #8
I am playing a female character, she is an Imperial Agent. I just like the way she looks, nothing wrong with that. If blokes wouldn't play female characters, 95% of people running around would be male, and that would suck.
I AGAINST I

Phaedrynn
05.30.2012 , 12:26 PM | #9
New to MMOs? This is a common occurance. Hell, half the 'female' toons in my guild are played by male players (and two of the 'male' toons are played by the wives of two of the 'female' toons players).

You can never assume a character's gender matches that of the player in an MMO

JugglerofGeese
05.30.2012 , 12:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaith View Post
Most female toons are guys anyway. It's all about which backside you'd rather stare at
You are so right.

I figured out after leveling a male dwarf hunter to 85 in that other MMO, I would only roll females. I got tired of staring at a male butt very quick.
"Every planet has it's own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principle form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand to God."