Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quit after sages got nerfed

Birtram
06.06.2012 , 10:14 PM | #21
Truth is I don't give a damn about PvP... But I agree, we are the squishiest class out there for player versus player combat. Anyway, my DPS TK Sage works perfectly well on PvE content. I think that we should get some help in the PvP aspects of the game, some tweaking, yes... and it's sad that we didn't get any love in 1.3, besides an awkward change of the project animation...

But I don't think we need much help in PvE... I feel fine with my sage so far in HM's.
The best sword is the one which is never drawn out of its sheath.

djrobb
06.07.2012 , 07:22 PM | #22
so now i will post here for Fezikk. Fatmans pvp is just as bad as it is on other servers just more baddies to choose from. I am a dps sage and am always around 350-500k in wz's on a daily basis. yes i die alot but thats part of the game. The sage dps is the most mobile ranged dps this game has and paired with our utilities we have our purpose in pvp.

And yes I am on Fatman.

iphobia
06.08.2012 , 01:03 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Zollars View Post
Everything Fezikk said is true. On the best pvp server, The Fatman....
Stopped reading right there.
Highest pop server =/= best PvP server.
The Fatman is just a mass server flooded with rerollers.

MooTheCosmicCow
06.13.2012 , 10:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by tensaix View Post
This is the problem with sage playing on a noob pvp server and is affected by delusion of grandeur. Sage is only effective in PvP if they're completely left alone otherwise they're free kills.
Exactly!!
Soon as we are targeted especially by melee we die on a good server.....Full WH gear and I almost feel like playing with no gear on for all the good it does.

On a noob server sages shine, on a good one we are just meat. Total class imbalance.

Oh, and yeah I know how to pvp...i have 152 valor between my sage and sorcerer.

kuey
06.14.2012 , 09:12 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by tensaix View Post
This is the problem with sage playing on a noob pvp server and is affected by delusion of grandeur. Sage is only effective in PvP if they're completely left alone otherwise they're free kills.
This. Scoreboard wise, I usually rock up a little more than Maras/Sents or PTs/VGs, with 1/4 the amount of deaths. I have no delusions about who would put out more dps with equivalent amount of deaths, not to mention that as a Balance Sage a lot of my dps comes from DoTs. That being said, our saving grace is the fact that WZs are objective based, so our utility makes us quite valuable in PvP. PvE wise, TK/Lightning specs have been putting out very impressive parses and from the few raid logs I've seen, they can put out a considerable amount of DPS, this is mainly due to the fact that you never run out of Force.

chilanez
06.14.2012 , 02:23 PM | #26
The problem with Balance is how easily it's countered by a single person paying attention to cleansing. The problem with Telekinetics is that it requires a lot of babysitting from your tank/peelers to do any burst and even then the burst is laughable compared to other classes. I have the most success on my sage when I stay hidden and try to protect healers or bait people to overextend.

Sage is a really solid utility class, but that's about it.

Synxos
06.15.2012 , 12:03 PM | #27
Quitting a game because of a nerf is extremely childish.
Plus, sorcs were fine immediately following the patch. We were OP. SInce the nerf, we've been fine, maybe just slightly underpowered compared to the more OP classes, but I can still solo most marauders and pyrotechs just fine.

Curmedy
06.15.2012 , 12:27 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Synxos View Post
Quitting a game because of a nerf is extremely childish.
Plus, sorcs were fine immediately following the patch. We were OP. SInce the nerf, we've been fine, maybe just slightly underpowered compared to the more OP classes, but I can still solo most marauders and pyrotechs just fine.
What level are you and what server are you playing on? At lvl 50 playing on a serious server against a well organized opposing team you'd be singing a different tune.

Rompdomp
06.15.2012 , 06:34 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Curmedy View Post
What level are you and what server are you playing on? At lvl 50 playing on a serious server against a well organized opposing team you'd be singing a different tune.
Of course if the other team is organized and your team isn't your gonna get rolled, however if your playing on a good team you can really be annoying and effective as any type of sage. You can rock it in a pug v. pug too. I don't know how it is on the smaller servers but on the fatman you get tons of pugfests, you get paired up with plenty of good teams, and you get the beat downs by a good opposing team. I could see if you were on a server getting farmed by premades all day it would suck to be a sage, but that isn't the norm on a big server. Sages could use a boost but its not as bad as this forum makes em out to be. You can have plenty of success in WZs. Also, there will be a place for sages in RWZs. Yes it will be in a support/utility/control role but at least we will have a place. We don't have it nearly as bad as commando dps atm. Hell after the tank pvp nerfs we may even be the more desired AC with a force pull.

Curmedy
06.15.2012 , 08:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Rompdomp View Post
Of course if the other team is organized and your team isn't your gonna get rolled, however if your playing on a good team you can really be annoying and effective as any type of sage. You can rock it in a pug v. pug too. I don't know how it is on the smaller servers but on the fatman you get tons of pugfests, you get paired up with plenty of good teams, and you get the beat downs by a good opposing team. I could see if you were on a server getting farmed by premades all day it would suck to be a sage, but that isn't the norm on a big server. Sages could use a boost but its not as bad as this forum makes em out to be. You can have plenty of success in WZs. Also, there will be a place for sages in RWZs. Yes it will be in a support/utility/control role but at least we will have a place. We don't have it nearly as bad as commando dps atm. Hell after the tank pvp nerfs we may even be the more desired AC with a force pull.
If the opposing team plays strategy they will put a symbol over all the Sage's heads and you'll be gang banged and killed in a heart beat. I've seen it done before and when I play on my sage (although not often anymore because of this) I get roflstomped. I don't want to have to hide in a corner and come out only when the coast is clear, then when they notice me run away.

THE BIG PICTURE -- Sages can't hold their own in 1v1 situations if the opponent is skilled, even if you're skilled as well. You could have a really good Sage dps and a descent mar/jugg and they will obliterate you every time with ease. If you are a Sage and they don't target you every time they see you then you aren't versing a good team.