Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quit after sages got nerfed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
Quit after sages got nerfed

Fezikk
05.31.2012 , 05:52 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by daskue View Post
IMO balance Sage in PvP is King, not effected by nerf at all. I cannot think of any better class for it when u don't have a pocket-healer. DPS is high to highest with a good amount of self- and offhealing on top. Other classes can be shut down great with stuns, mezz and the mobility of a balance sage. Cannot speak for TK specc since I started with balance and never changed as i love it.
Wow you must play on a horrible server because if you played on a decent one you wouldn't be making that statement. We are the squishiest and worst dps class there is in pvp. DPS is nowhere near the highest unless you are playing against complete noob scrubs that don't target you. Most classes are capable of putting out double the dps that we can in pvp.

taishartrueblood
06.01.2012 , 12:08 AM | #12
Pre nerf i was able to get 300k dage and 150k healing in an average arena or 500k damage with zero healing. Now you are saying 200k?

Anyway, not going to argue this, was just hopeful that things had changed. I did love this game.
DPS Sage/Sorcs are now just "glass", no "cannon"

iphobia
06.01.2012 , 06:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by taishartrueblood View Post
Pre nerf i was able to get 300k dage and 150k healing in an average arena or 500k damage with zero healing. Now you are saying 200k?

Anyway, not going to argue this, was just hopeful that things had changed. I did love this game.
He stated 200k on a Sorc around level 30.

As a heal, I broke all my previous records regarding total heal with a nearly 1.1mio heal Alderaan like a week after 1.2 (1 WH Setpiece, rest BM). Also had multiple games with 800k+.
I've also seen a screenshot of a Sorc doing over 1mio damage in a Voidstar, also post 1.2 (customized UI and WH helmet on the screenshot, 100% sure it's post 1.2).
Numberwise, the class is the same if not even better than pre 1.2.

The problem is the TTK.
With the pre 1.2 TTK you were able to survive the burst of a burstclass with a few hp remaining and then get away to recover, using your huge amount of utility cooldowns.
Now, after 1.2, you will just die before you get away.
In competitive PvP, a Sorc will always be the target Nr.1.

Oh, and just ignore Fezikk. In every single Sorc PvP thread he spreads BS like Sorc dps would be completely dead and it would lose 1v1 against any class without standing a chance and would only do half as much dps as any other class.

Astrolia
06.01.2012 , 08:16 PM | #14
I'm in total agreement. No comparison between Sage healer pvp and Smuggler healer pvp.

I don't even know why I leveled my sage at all. I was really hoping that Sage healer would be closer to Disc Priest than I previously thought. Switched to dps, all i am is a cast spamming dps that can't bring anyone down. No one wants to play a "support" class in pvp. I want to be able to deal with people AND use my unique abilities to survive and support.

KennethHoover
06.02.2012 , 10:21 AM | #15
DPS Sages are still glass nukes which suits me fine because that is what I play. Healing Sages got cut off at the knees, however.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

Kumakichi
06.04.2012 , 07:58 PM | #16
I see a resurgence of sages/sorcs and it got me wanting to try it. Partly because Ive always played caster classes and partly because Im seeing sages/sorcs do very well in pvp. Ive pvp'd my way up to lvl 21 and found the dps to be quite good but at the same time its somewhat boring. In general though Ive been finishing at the top or near the top dmg score in WZs. I had a high score of 230k over the weekend. Not bad compared to the other classes Ive played.

Ive also noticed a steep falloff of maras/sents but plenty of snipers/slingers and pyrotechs/vanguards. Fot
'ers seem pretty fickle in Swtor. Not gonna try to change any opinions but I find it a little funny when i read posts about how underpowered sages/sorcs are. They must have been rediculous pre 1.2

Paulman
06.05.2012 , 02:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by taishartrueblood View Post
Wondering if anything has changed? Are we capable classes in PvP now, particularly DPS sages?

Thanks
The balance is off. Currently you want to be a marauder, assassin, pyrotech or juggernaught. If you want to heal go with an OP.

Zollars
06.05.2012 , 11:17 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by iphobia View Post
Oh, and just ignore Fezikk. In every single Sorc PvP thread he spreads BS like Sorc dps would be completely dead and it would lose 1v1 against any class without standing a chance and would only do half as much dps as any other class.
Everything Fezikk said is true. On the best pvp server, The Fatman, sages don't stand a chance. If you duel a good player of any other class you will get owned. If you play against chumps it is easy to shine and think sages aren't the broken class they really are.

Elvandar
06.06.2012 , 11:56 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zollars View Post
Everything Fezikk said is true. On the best pvp server, The Fatman, sages don't stand a chance. If you duel a good player of any other class you will get owned. If you play against chumps it is easy to shine and think sages aren't the broken class they really are.
A decent balance sage can take a juggernaut, sniper or powertech with very little problems at all, I don't care how pro they are. Well played Pyrotechs can be tricky but juggs and snipers are completely powerless as they are eaten by dots.

Frankly a good sage/sorc spec'd in full balance/madness has a fair shot against any class 1v1 except marauders and assassins, purely because their survivability is ridiculous. Tone down the defensive cooldowns marauders have and increase the cooldown on their vanish and I could finish one before they finish me.

To anyone considering madness/balance, the root on creeping terror/sever force is not to be underestimated. Agreed we have next to no burst, but use your root and CC properly to keep your distance and you can melt them with ease. Are we weaker overall in pvp? Yes, but certainly not to a point which could severely cripple good players, and as soon as Bioware give us some form of defensive cooldown (a bubble absorbing a single hit isn't very useful) we should be on par with everyone else in pvp.

tensaix
06.06.2012 , 03:54 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Elvandar View Post
A decent balance sage can take a juggernaut, sniper or powertech with very little problems at all, I don't care how pro they are. Well played Pyrotechs can be tricky but juggs and snipers are completely powerless as they are eaten by dots.

Frankly a good sage/sorc spec'd in full balance/madness has a fair shot against any class 1v1 except marauders and assassins, purely because their survivability is ridiculous. Tone down the defensive cooldowns marauders have and increase the cooldown on their vanish and I could finish one before they finish me.
This is the problem with sage playing on a noob pvp server and is affected by delusion of grandeur. Sage is only effective in PvP if they're completely left alone otherwise they're free kills.