Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quit after sages got nerfed

taishartrueblood
05.30.2012 , 12:08 PM | #1
Wondering if anything has changed? Are we capable classes in PvP now, particularly DPS sages?

Thanks
DPS Sage/Sorcs are now just "glass", no "cannon"

Fezikk
05.30.2012 , 12:33 PM | #2
Nope. Sages are the worst and squishiest dps class in the game for pvp.

Floread
05.30.2012 , 12:58 PM | #3
Don't be surprised if you don't get invites as a sage dps into HM Kephess fights either.

taishartrueblood
05.31.2012 , 10:05 AM | #4
Sad Oh well, other games are coming out.
DPS Sage/Sorcs are now just "glass", no "cannon"

Kravixuaes
05.31.2012 , 10:15 AM | #5
Ok this topic has confused me... How did sages/sorcs get nerfed? I am not wanting to argue I am just saying that in pvp my 30 sage gets between 180-200k overall dmg including one of the top objective scores (almost always 3rd and up on overall score). Then on my 50 sorc, I do hm ops and am starting nm ops soon and I am one of the best dps in my ops team. Both ways I am madness spec'd.

Pre 1.2 I found my dmg in warzones around 160-180k overall pre-50. So the only thing it seems to me is, I am dealing more damage than before and with ops I haven't noticed a chance.

So perhaps the nerf was only with lightning? or pvp at 50? If either one of those are the case then I wouldn't notice :\

Underpowered
05.31.2012 , 10:33 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by taishartrueblood View Post
Wondering if anything has changed? Are we capable classes in PvP now, particularly DPS sages?

Thanks
DPS Sages are very capable classes in PvP if we play ourselves as a max utility class that also happens to have acceptable DPS. If you try to play off as a max DPS class you're going to get disappointed and outshined really quick.
Dany - "Buy one DPS sage, get a mediocre healer free!"
---
jedi covenant, formerly from canderous ordo, formely from juyo server

eventidephoenix
05.31.2012 , 11:46 AM | #7
"DPS" sages are capable in PvP, but not as a pure DPS class, as a control class (yes we are being forced into this corner, try it any other way and prepare to not enjoy yourself)

For raids, as aforementioned, sad but true don't be surprised if you don't get invited for HM Denova or NM pilgrim raids (I personally organize a NM pilgrim run and to be quite honest I'd readily swap out a sage DPS for another)

To add fuel to fire, 1.3 is buffing Gunslingers and Commandos... So really not be surprised if after 1.3 you dont get any invites for difficult ops...

daskue
05.31.2012 , 01:59 PM | #8
IMO balance Sage in PvP is King, not effected by nerf at all. I cannot think of any better class for it when u don't have a pocket-healer. DPS is high to highest with a good amount of self- and offhealing on top. Other classes can be shut down great with stuns, mezz and the mobility of a balance sage. Cannot speak for TK specc since I started with balance and never changed as i love it.

pureeffinmetal
05.31.2012 , 03:30 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Floread View Post
Don't be surprised if you don't get invites as a sage dps into HM Kephess fights either.
...What?

I've done 725k total damage on 16m HM Kephess.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

limenutpen
05.31.2012 , 04:46 PM | #10
Dont know whats the problem with some peeps here.

I beat all my previous 1.1 records since 1,2. has been deployed. The first couple weeks where a bit hard.
Healing in PvE is also way acceptable.

Also more importantly is that also my averages have increased a lot since having 4 WH+ armor on me.

If they just added an extra bit of survivability to our class we are good as it goes. Since we don't have a proper bust heal, this is something in demand,
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut