Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is nightmare mode EC

obi-joachim
06.03.2012 , 01:22 PM | #21
agree

Thoffs
06.03.2012 , 01:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Found it!

“Nightmare mode when it comes, won’t be just a title and a pat in the back. It will come with its own itemization so there will be a real reason to do nightmare” – Emmanuel PaxEast Q&A Day 3.

Copied and Pasted from Dulfy's website (and if she's not a reliable resource who is?)
Ah, ok cool -- thanks for the info!

Inzi
06.03.2012 , 04:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Just beat Nightmare Pilgrim, still 0/5 on HM EC - server population is low enough that I'm having trouble finding a good group for HM EC (everyone who is doing already has a full group). I think it might be that the casuals missed out on the operation progression - there's a 16 man HM EC group on my server but they always use the same people so no luck there.
This is exactly the kind of scenario I imagined when I was thinking, "Why in the heck are they waiting?" I figure there are people, like you, who WANT to do the content, but because of the server population issues and waiting on server transfers just haven't had the opportunity. I feel for you and don't begrudge you the time to get the progress yourself. I'm sure many in this thread would agree with me that we're willing to wait for you and others in the same boat to get your chance, but we just want to know how long we need to wait. (Albeit willing to wait and WANTING to wait are two totally different things lol)

Edit: By the way, I'd highly recommend starting to look for your raiding options BEFORE server transfers come around. Do your research and have a handful of things that look nice
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

yanksfan
06.03.2012 , 05:51 PM | #24
Honestly it should have been released already it's very silly to have had it not launch with the raid. From what it looks like we aren't going to be getting any new raid content for a while. I think people myself included will be burned out on EC by the time Nightmare comes out and will want a new operation. Unless they decide to add a boss or the encounters are drastically different or challenging. A new set of gear will be nice but it's just gonna be the same crap over and over again.

I would hope they would add a new boss or something different but I highly doubt it. I guess the excess of trash in Denova counts as extra content.
Chirality- Operative Heals
Oh you and your guild are a big deal in a video game? So do you put that on your resume ?

pure_laced
06.03.2012 , 07:49 PM | #25
Nightmare should have been a priority for the devs before the next round of legacy fluff IMHO.

As mentioned above, we have no clue how transfers/mergers are going to work and unfortunately people are dropping like flies if they aren't in established raiding guilds now. Re-rolling to a new server does take some work, but if you find the right guild to accept you, wait for you to level, and then gear you...it might be worth it in the long run.

I was a reroll from a low pop server to CKN. I made it a mission, leveled in a week, and was brought in and got the leftover gear. Within a short couple of weeks, was decked out and ready for PTS testing.

Have some options lined up in case transfers don't work as planned, or don't come anytime soon. There are guilds that will accept you.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

The-Vortex
06.04.2012 , 05:18 PM | #26
So at least we have confirmation that there will be a new operation at some point, and judging from the footage it looks pretty far along and if I'm not mistaken, wasn't Terror from Beyond the operation from the 1.3 leaks on Torhead?

If so it seems like they pushed 1.3 back to 1.4 to make way for the 1.3 we're getting now and if so, that means that there's a chance we'll see nightmare in 1.3 after all. It did get a mention before the preview during the actual conference and I doubt they would release this along with brand new content.
End of Days - Republic - The Progenitor
Varias - 50 Gunslinger
Saris - 50 Jedi Guardian

Thorvath
06.04.2012 , 06:23 PM | #27
If they are going to raise the level cap before the end of the year it's probably considered a waste of resources at this point.

Bangs
06.04.2012 , 09:28 PM | #28
These stories are disturbingly similar to what happened to us. Once D3 came out people just stopped logging in. We raided once after it came out and could only muster 7 people and grabbed a pug. People were whispering each other about how they'd rather be playing D3 and they hoped we'd wipe so the raid would be called. I can't say I blame them there's zero reason to go back into EC. Nightmare needed to be in 1.2, and a challenging version at that because nightmare in EV and KP wasn't hard either.

I can't believe people in the general forums are rejoicing over what was announced at E3. Even if they manage to get everything out in a timely manner I can't see the new operation being more than what we have now- something to log into once a week then log back out.

This game is lacking a "carrot on a stick" effect. There's just nothing else to chase, there's no rare mounts of legendary items just a bunch of snooze fest bosses that have been on farm. I can't speak for everyone but the people I raid with like a challenge and this game has none.

Enderet
06.05.2012 , 02:42 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Vortex View Post
It did get a mention before the preview during the actual conference and I doubt they would release this along with brand new content.
I watched the conference, didnt see/hear any mention of Nightmare Mode EC. Source?

FFsimold
06.05.2012 , 02:55 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Wugan View Post
Agreed.

Some type of timeline would really help. Something other than "we're working very hard on Nightmare EC and hope to have it ready for you soon" which doesn't really tell us anything new, even if we appreciate the hard work and your sense of urgency. Even if the release is further away than we'd all like, it helps to know when it's coming so we can all just relax, focus on other games a bit, and be ready to tackle some great content when it's ready. I think every progression raiding guild in the game is in the same boat right now.

Is Nightmare EC going to come out with 1.3? Will it be tested on the upcoming PTS? Has it been pushed back to 1.4? If it has been pushed back, does this mean there will not be other new content in 1.4?
According to there announcement at E3 yesterday nightmare difficulty is slated to be released in july.