Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Where is nightmare mode EC


Mynden's Avatar


Mynden
05.30.2012 , 10:55 AM | #1
I get it, the devs are putting their resources into features that will impact more people. I'm not suggesting NM should be a priority. I would like to know roughly when they plan on getting it out to us though.

My guild started bleeding players after a month of farming 1.1, and I can see it starting to happen again. We've had hard mode Denova 16 cleared for a few weeks and people are starting to lose interest. Once Diablo hit no ones logging in. Just had our first person tell us last night they were quitting, and I expect another shortly. Same thing as 1.1 when I had to replace 4 of my raiders. Except this time my server is so dead I won't be able to find competent recruits.

It's discouraging as hell to talk to raiders and have to tell them "No nightmare in 1.3....so realistically we're looking at 6 weeks? 2 months?" Which doesnt even account for the fact that after farming hards for that long, people are going to be sick of Denova, nightmare or no. At that point they are going to want new content entirely.

Just throw us a bone and tell us roughly when you expect to have it out so I can plan and TRY to hold this together.
http://www.swtorcatalyst.com

Catalyst- Hardcore results with casual commitment

Grywon's Avatar


Grywon
05.30.2012 , 11:03 AM | #2
Agree totally.

We are doing 8man hm (or were doing it). We lost 3 people due to diablo and with no feedback they aint comming back. On the same side we have 3 guilds on our server, 2 with not enough people to do ops and another who can't clear HM Karagga or EV even half way. So where to get people to replace the ones we lost?

Don't tell me to gear up people who can't kill Jorg and Sorno on hm, when they won't be able to follow EC tactics in any way...
I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day, and tomorrow does not look good either.

alifaraaz's Avatar


alifaraaz
05.30.2012 , 11:35 AM | #3
Hopefully transfers will help making it easier to fill the spots of those who quit.

Truth is, as you said, they're focused on getting transfers done asap. It's silly but its obviously a bump in the road for them too, to try and get population sorted.

They did say they're working on it and itsming together quite nicely, but who knows when it'll actually be out I hope they don't delay it to release with 1.4, or well I expect a totally new op in 1.4

Last word I heard about it is that its coming together and they're adding some new things for Nightmare modes to make them really nightmarish. To me that sounds like they're not just working on EC but maybe reworking some stuff about Nightmare mode entirely.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Wugan's Avatar


Wugan
05.30.2012 , 12:08 PM | #4
Agreed.

Some type of timeline would really help. Something other than "we're working very hard on Nightmare EC and hope to have it ready for you soon" which doesn't really tell us anything new, even if we appreciate the hard work and your sense of urgency. Even if the release is further away than we'd all like, it helps to know when it's coming so we can all just relax, focus on other games a bit, and be ready to tackle some great content when it's ready. I think every progression raiding guild in the game is in the same boat right now.

Is Nightmare EC going to come out with 1.3? Will it be tested on the upcoming PTS? Has it been pushed back to 1.4? If it has been pushed back, does this mean there will not be other new content in 1.4?
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Wugan --- Sage

Mynden's Avatar


Mynden
05.31.2012 , 12:19 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wugan View Post
Agreed.

Some type of timeline would really help. Something other than "we're working very hard on Nightmare EC and hope to have it ready for you soon" which doesn't really tell us anything new, even if we appreciate the hard work and your sense of urgency. Even if the release is further away than we'd all like, it helps to know when it's coming so we can all just relax, focus on other games a bit, and be ready to tackle some great content when it's ready. I think every progression raiding guild in the game is in the same boat right now.

Is Nightmare EC going to come out with 1.3? Will it be tested on the upcoming PTS? Has it been pushed back to 1.4? If it has been pushed back, does this mean there will not be other new content in 1.4?
this. I just need to know if I should just call a hiatus to raiding rather than burn everyone out before nightmare hits
http://www.swtorcatalyst.com

Catalyst- Hardcore results with casual commitment

antonmb's Avatar


antonmb
05.31.2012 , 12:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mynden View Post
this. I just need to know if I should just call a hiatus to raiding rather than burn everyone out before nightmare hits
We're exactly on the same boat. Knowing when it will come out will help us plan around that and see what we can do to hold us over till the release and make sure we can keep the guild healthy. We're already clearing Nightmare Pilgrim and Hard Mode Denova in one night, so there's really not much to do after that.

Thing is, all of us do enjoy SWTOR. We understand that the priorities are to slot in the building blocks of the game for the majority but all we really ask is an estimate or a firm timeline so we know.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Diwata | Sage

pureeffinmetal's Avatar


pureeffinmetal
05.31.2012 , 01:44 PM | #7
Agreed to everything in this thread.

We haven't lost players, but as it is people are just logging on each week to clear Denova (which we do in under 2 hours now) and then log off till next Tuesday.

We were fortunate enough to absorb a smaller guild just prior to 1.2 to make up for losing several raiders from 1.1 content. But I'd rather not continue the trend.

I've made a thread about this a few weeks back and I've seen other threads now and again. Please just throw us a bone here.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Mynden's Avatar


Mynden
05.31.2012 , 01:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
Agreed to everything in this thread.

We haven't lost players, but as it is people are just logging on each week to clear Denova (which we do in under 2 hours now) and then log off till next Tuesday.

We were fortunate enough to absorb a smaller guild just prior to 1.2 to make up for losing several raiders from 1.1 content. But I'd rather not continue the trend.

I've made a thread about this a few weeks back and I've seen other threads now and again. Please just throw us a bone here.
I made a thread as well and it fell off the front. I tried making this one in general discussion and it got moved here immediately. Everyone who is concerned about this keep this thread bumped and maybe we'll get an answer
http://www.swtorcatalyst.com

Catalyst- Hardcore results with casual commitment

Inzi's Avatar


Inzi
05.31.2012 , 04:35 PM | #9
We were having a chat in guild about this earlier today. The way I see it is that I spend a lot of energy trying to stay optimistic and hopeful that the content I want is coming "soon." Which to ME means "within a month." What that means to Bioware, who really knows. But what it does is set up a series of disappointments. For example:

1.2 information comes out stating that nightmare content will be released "soon after" 1.2 release
-->
1.2 releases, we clear Hard Mode content in a couple weeks and are happy, but really don't have that bash-your-head-against-a-wall appetite sated, I am a little disappointed
-->
1.3 information starts coming out, I eagerly read every tidbit for news of Nightmare Mode because at this point it seems like "soon after 1.2 release" means 1.3
-->
I am disappointed when I see no Nightmare Mode in 1.3 information
-->
I see PTS signups for 1.3 and get my hopes up that somehow Bioware will answer my prayers and Nightmare EC will magically be on there
-->
Even though it's NOT supposed to be on the PTS and I know that, when PTS launches and it's not there, I will be disappointed, however irrational that might be. But I wanted to hope, really hope, that it would be there.
-->
1.3 will launch and I will hope against hope that there will have been in-house testing of Nightmare Mode and we'll be surprised with it at 1.3
-->
Again, however irrational, I will be disappointed.

And so the chain continues. Because I have no set expectation at ALL, I continue with my baseless hoping. I just want a realistic expectation. It doesn't have to be specific, just more specific than "soon." For example: "In a patch after 1.3 but before 1.4."
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

TalkingDinosaur's Avatar


TalkingDinosaur
05.31.2012 , 04:50 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Grywon View Post
Agree totally.

We are doing 8man hm (or were doing it). We lost 3 people due to diablo and with no feedback they aint comming back. On the same side we have 3 guilds on our server, 2 with not enough people to do ops and another who can't clear HM Karagga or EV even half way. So where to get people to replace the ones we lost?

Don't tell me to gear up people who can't kill Jorg and Sorno on hm, when they won't be able to follow EC tactics in any way...
Don't expect them to be with D3 for long. Game is 8 hours long and the only thing you can do to stretch the time is play on the harder difficulty where mobs kill you in 1 hit. From what I have seen other players do: you will need 3 friends and a lot of gold saved up.

You have died. That's strange thought I was watching Diablo 3 not Dark Souls.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11