Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

End Romance Signage?

iamthehoyden
05.30.2012 , 10:22 AM | #1
So my jk got married to Doc today (turns out he wasn't put off by her pushing him to grow up and be a better guy). But I noticed when the proposal came up that one of the options was labeled [End Romance]. I checked the youtube videos of this and that label isn't on the ones I saw.

Has anyone else noticed any new labeling on these? And does [End Romance] actually end it now or is there still that awkward letter sending/semi-stalkerish thing going on?

Pity Scourge didn't come running in at the last minute to object, I so would have hit [End Romance]
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
05.30.2012 , 10:41 AM | #2
Whaaaaaat?

I haven't seen this, but I've also been avoiding romance whenever possible for the last few weeks.

If they finally implement and label romance-ending, I may resume giving stuff to Corso so I can trigger another conversation and tell him (for a fourth time) to get off my back. And he might listen! Oh, pretty please be true...

...but if it is true, BioWare, would it kill you to mention tiny details like "deactivated stalker behavior" in the patch notes?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
05.30.2012 , 11:00 AM | #3
Yep, when the proposal came up there was:
option 1 [Accept]
option 2 with no labels but was along the lines of "let's not change anything"
option 3 [End Romance].

I haven't run into that before with Doc or on any other toons. But if you could test the End Romance option with Corso we'd know! For science and all

If it's actually working as it should be then I guess my second question is when did this go into effect? And my third is are there now [Start Romance] labels? And my fourth (just cause I'm on a roll) is are there multiple places to start or end now?
---------------

kabeone
05.30.2012 , 11:51 AM | #4
(one of) my Vector(s) is sitting at the marriage proposal and I just checked no [End Relationship] tag if you say no. So I guess not all relationships are endable yet or at least that relationship is not endable there. Too bad I already said no to Corso to test out the mail thing (which I did get which is ewww).

Eanelinea
05.30.2012 , 12:35 PM | #5
This has to be new because I've romanced and married 6 LIs of various classes and only ever saw [FLIRT]. I think we may have finally received what we wanted. Good on you, Bioware!!

Now...about those EXTRA companion quests/ftbs/every day thingies...

iamthehoyden
05.30.2012 , 01:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
(one of) my Vector(s) is sitting at the marriage proposal and I just checked no [End Relationship] tag if you say no. So I guess not all relationships are endable yet or at least that relationship is not endable there. Too bad I already said no to Corso to test out the mail thing (which I did get which is ewww).
Crap well there goes that theory...possibly. This is one of those things that I really wouldn't mind getting some clarification on. Signage shouldn't be terribly hard to implement and the fact that they become stalkerish when you say no is clearly something that is not working as it should be. I'd being willing to bet that the writers and designers had no intention of making the companions into creepers so even if there are technically no bugs this isn't "working as intended."
---------------