Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

repairing 8 files?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Si_Bunn
05.30.2012 , 01:04 PM | #11
I've done all the above and it still stops at 62% of the Install element of the patch and sends me to repair. This is the problem, if I wait for the repair it will literally take days because its going so slowly. Is there anything else I can do other than re-start my subscription to WoW?

Cerimon
05.30.2012 , 01:59 PM | #12 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Si_Bunn,

Please let the repair utility finish, it may take some time. If you find the repair is repeatedly repairing the same files you should run chkdsk to check for hard drive errors:

Run chkdsk
Chkdsk is a tool which is built into Windows that checks your hard drive for bad sectors. We ask you to run chkdsk so that you can be sure that your game files are not being written to a bad segment of your hard drive, causing them to become corrupted.

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
  • Open the Windows Start Menu
  • Type 'cmd' in the 'Search programs and files' field, hold Ctrl+Shift and press enter
  • Type 'chkdsk <drive >:' where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. 'chkdsk c:', and press enter If errors are detected you can repair using the '/r' option, e.g. 'chkdsk c: /r'
To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
  • Select 'Computer' from the Windows Start Menu
  • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select 'Properties'
  • Select the 'Tools' tab
  • Under 'Error Checking' select 'Check now...' If errors are detected, you will be prompted with an option to repair
Please post again if you continue to have a problem.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 03:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Moromillas,

Please go to your game installation folder and run the Fixlauncher utility from there. When that completes, log into the launcher and run the repair utility repeatedly until no indication of files being repaired is given. Please post again if you require further assistance.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
Tried that too -- It doesn't work.

Either way, it's the same thing: Has to repair, stops at 23%, has to repair again.

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 05:52 PM | #14
Scheduled checkdisk on boot. After post and before windows startup I waited quite a while for it to finish. Doesn't work either, does the same thing. Has to repair, stops at 23%, has to repair again.

Next we'll be asked to run memtest several times over, or some other crazy BS.

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 06:18 PM | #15
You know, it might help if I knew the gosh darn NAME of the file it's trying to repair/install, but no, it just has "installing 23%"

:S why is it editing "gosh darn"

ryoshi
05.30.2012 , 07:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Si_Bunn View Post
I've done all the above and it still stops at 62% of the Install element of the patch and sends me to repair. This is the problem, if I wait for the repair it will literally take days because its going so slowly. Is there anything else I can do other than re-start my subscription to WoW?
Amen to this. At least wow has their **** together by the time I get home and I just hear about the patch woes through those who have the day off.

deadsouljah
05.30.2012 , 08:23 PM | #17
its seems like with every patch they make it where sum people have to do this repair cycle over and over then they tell us all to do ckdisk or memtest like its our hardware that is messed up maybe just maybe you have made the mistake bioware please fix your launcher so that it wont do this to all of us next time you roll out a patch or make it where we can download the patch files ourselves and install them manually
THE FATMAN

LVL 50 COMMANDO ILLWILLY

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 08:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by deadsouljah View Post
its seems like with every patch they make it where sum people have to do this repair cycle over and over then they tell us all to do ckdisk or memtest like its our hardware that is messed up maybe just maybe you have made the mistake bioware please fix your launcher so that it wont do this to all of us next time you roll out a patch or make it where we can download the patch files ourselves and install them manually
Wait, WHAT?

Oh, for ****S SAKE.

Edit: See post 14.

Mookind
05.30.2012 , 08:43 PM | #19
I downloaded the patch. Never logged in, exited out. Came back an hour later and restarted the launcher. Now DLing 12 gigs of data......

Any simple fixes? Never had a problem with the launcher before.

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 09:31 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
I downloaded the patch. Never logged in, exited out. Came back an hour later and restarted the launcher. Now DLing 12 gigs of data......

Any simple fixes? Never had a problem with the launcher before.
Simple fix? Ok, uninstalling.

Even simpler? Heeding the warning from friends that after paying money for the game and more for the subscription, you will be bent over and royally ****ed in the ***.