Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

repairing 8 files?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cindarstorm
05.30.2012 , 07:42 AM | #1
Hey all,

This may be a bit impatient, but I just woke up, ran the launcher after this morning's downtime, and had it go into a repair scan... it's been "repairing 8 files" for about 25 minutes now and the progress bar has barely moved. At this rate it will take about as long to repair these 8 files as it did to download and install the whole game... What gives?
Mellisan, Kali'noir
<Remnants of the Jedi>

Kindajenin
05.30.2012 , 07:48 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Cindarstorm,

Please wait for the files to repair, if you encounter any error messages please report back to this thread.

Thank you.
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 10:23 AM | #3
Similar problem.

Wait for it? The bar doesn't go anywhere, that's the problem.

>_>
<_<

Jezmondene
05.30.2012 , 10:30 AM | #4
I had this experience as well, waited about an hour then used this fix posted by one of the mods in another thread:

I quote:

...go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

Please also ensure that your Java is up to date.

Once this is complete, please run FixLauncher.exe(also in the above location), then please try to start the Launcher again.

Since the patch never finished installing, I didn't have a 'patch folder' - I just ran the 'fix launcher' and restarted the game - patch downloaded without a hitch.
Not all who wander are lost.

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 11:09 AM | #5
Thanks, but doesn't work. Still stops at 23% for me.

Zylaro
05.30.2012 , 11:12 AM | #6
I had the same, just ran the repair function several times and all is well now. I have had problems with missing material so am hoping this will have been fixed at the same time.

Moromillas
05.30.2012 , 11:52 AM | #7
Well, that's what i"ve been doing, constantly hitting the repair button. It gets to 23%, then after a few minutes another "An error occurred updating. Repair" pops up above it. I can't remember how many times I've clicked it exactly, how many times did you do re-repair before it worked?

And really, I paid for the product, and paid for use of the service, I should have to meet them halfway because, why?

Si_Bunn
05.30.2012 , 12:37 PM | #8
Has a answer been found for this post or are we being advised to wait several days for the repair to finish?

Zylaro
05.30.2012 , 12:38 PM | #9
It took me three goes before it finally came up with the play button highlighted ready to play. I was getting worried, have to admit. I hope you get it sorted.

Cerimon
05.30.2012 , 12:46 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Moromillas,

Please go to your game installation folder and run the Fixlauncher utility from there. When that completes, log into the launcher and run the repair utility repeatedly until no indication of files being repaired is given. Please post again if you require further assistance.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support