Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

And once again, Europe gets screwed over Maintainance times

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
And once again, Europe gets screwed over Maintainance times
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Terrorgirl
05.30.2012 , 07:43 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Kallie View Post
Really wish people would stop with the same topic over and over everytime maintenance is done. It gets old.
what are you doing on forums?got bored and want to troll few hours?

nettan
05.30.2012 , 07:46 AM | #32
notthing new.

Kallie
05.30.2012 , 07:51 AM | #33
I have every right to be on the forums and I ain't the one trolling. This same topic always pops up every week there is maintenance. And it is usually the same people.

dazednconfuzed
05.30.2012 , 07:57 AM | #34
I have every right to be on the forums and I ain't the one trolling. This same topic always pops up every week there is maintenance. And it is usually the same people.
That's because Bioware still hasn't had the decency to implement maintenance times suitable to their server regions. No one is asking for unintended maintenance to be done at specific times. It is unintended, so you can't really predict when it will happen.

But there is no reason why these weekly maintenance slots can be done at a reasonable time for their servers - ie. US servers are done during US offpeak times; EU servers are done during EU offpeak times; and Asia-Pacific servers are done during Asia-Pacific offpeak times.

Given that they released servers local to the region they are serving (for example, iirc, the EU servers are located in Ireland), then it makes even less sense for all of their servers to be down all at the same time. They are spread out across at least three different locations across the world, so why not have maintenace times that suit those regions?
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Balrizangor
05.30.2012 , 07:59 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Yoshiblade View Post
Yes, ALL US servers are up, while most of the EU PvP servers (the most populated, actually) are down. And it's not early morning here (as is in the US), it's in the middle of the afternoon.

Soooooooooo ... after 6 months of this, you are still surprised and/or shocked enough that it requires another post?

You do know that MMOs based in countries other than the US do their maint times based on their local time zones as well right? I am pretty sure it is standard for most companies to do this as their employees (the ones doing the maint) work on those countries times ...
In umbris potestas est ("In the shadows, there is power")

Why Haven't They Fixed My Bug?? - I'm not the Author but it is a great read.

psi_overtake
05.30.2012 , 07:59 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DugongBayani View Post
lol.. :d
Does your quote button automatically decapitalize all capital letters in my post? lol
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Kallie
05.30.2012 , 08:02 AM | #37
I am from Canada. My peak time playtime is during maintenance periods as I am up at night and sleep during the day due to the type of work I do.

Stoofa
05.30.2012 , 08:04 AM | #38
I am from Canada. My peak time playtime is during maintenance periods as I am up at night and sleep during the day due to the type of work I do.
Which makes it your "play time" it does not meak it PEAK time.
Peak time by very definition means the time when most players are playing.

Kallie
05.30.2012 , 08:07 AM | #39
Ummmm No. On the server I am on. I have seen more people on at night than I had when I was on during the day.

AllisonBerryman
05.30.2012 , 08:24 AM | #40 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone - we're working on bringing these servers back up as quickly as we can and apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks for your patience in the meantime, and please make sure to check the maintenance thread for updates as soon as they become available - we'll update with any further information we get: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=465008