Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

And once again, Europe gets screwed over Maintainance times

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
And once again, Europe gets screwed over Maintainance times
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DiabloDoom's Avatar


DiabloDoom
05.30.2012 , 09:55 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Can you at least tell us why these servers are still down and not others?

Can you tell us why when it seems painfully obvious to everyone that individual servers can be brought down for maintenance that we don't have staggered maintenance times for different time zones. So that instead of having the servers down at 4pm they can be brought down at 4am when there are about 50 people in total playing.
They brought them down through the American night which makes a nice change for the American servers, the team has been working all night and are probably extremely tired, give them a break. I always thought that it was the Americans that cried (no offense) but I'm now seeing it as my fellow Europeans that are the impatient spoiled [censored]. What ever happened to the good old saying, The Brits Never Complain?

Orielensis's Avatar


Orielensis
05.30.2012 , 09:56 AM | #92
This is now getting ridiculous.
Seasons of Byss
|The Prognitor EU|
Lykourgos 55 Marauder Mel'pomene 55 Operative
Brasidas 55 Powertech

AllisonBerryman's Avatar


AllisonBerryman
05.30.2012 , 09:57 AM | #93 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
Can you at least tell us why these servers are still down and not others?

Can you tell us why when it seems painfully obvious to everyone that individual servers can be brought down for maintenance that we don't have staggered maintenance times for different time zones. So that instead of having the servers down at 4pm they can be brought down at 4am when there are about 50 people in total playing.
Because of the way our servers are structured across the various datacenters, it is possible for technical issues to affect some servers but not others. This doesn't mean that we're able to take only some servers down to deploy updates to the game as a whole the way the game and updating it for all players works right now requires us to bring all the servers down when we make updates to the game. Right now, we are working as quickly as we can to make your servers available for play, and we'll get more information for you as soon as we can.

dazednconfuzed's Avatar


dazednconfuzed
05.30.2012 , 09:57 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Wednesday during an afternoon hours?

What time is prime time play hours for you?

I would think on weekdays most people play from 6pm to like 10pm.

Not trying to stick up for bioware or mean to be negative but if the downtime was mid day then that doesnt seem like a valid complaint.
Prime time hours may be 6pm-11pm or whatever, but if the US can have their servers offline from say, 2am - 8am, when no-one is online, why can't we? More people play during the day than they do at silly hours of the morning.
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Bloodstealer's Avatar


Bloodstealer
05.30.2012 , 09:58 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by legolegion View Post
still tomb of freedonad is offline, and no explaintion. I am seroiusly considering not renewing my subs when they run out, on 17/10/12 as their is no explation of what is going on. This is what iratiates me not that down and all the others servers are up but they don`t have the common curitsey to tell us what going on!
So if the dev popped on (extremely unlikey I know) and said hey all we accidentally connected the wheel to the whizzymathingy the wrong way round and now the hamsters are in a state of frenzy running the servers in revers and we are busy trying to avoid a rollback... would that help you..... I.E.. what possible difference is a dev explaining some technical bumf just to satisfy your hunger for knowledge, you still not able to access the game.. lets be honest you are nerdraged cos you cant get to play the game for a whiles... take a look out the window, see the sun shinning and go grab some fresh air while it lasts.... cos the end of the world is nigh ya know the SWTOR Gods have sent us this sign....
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX

WednesdayBob's Avatar


WednesdayBob
05.30.2012 , 09:58 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by legolegion View Post
tomb their 150 on last night about midnight
True but at the moment no one is on it

Thought i'd go on one of my other 3 servers while waitibg for Nadd but they are down as well
December Crew needs you

Loread's Avatar


Loread
05.30.2012 , 09:59 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Wednesday during an afternoon hours?

What time is prime time play hours for you?

I would think on weekdays most people play from 6pm to like 10pm.

Not trying to stick up for bioware or mean to be negative but if the downtime was mid day then that doesnt seem like a valid complaint.
You're forgetting about other time zones. Maybe you one of bioware team?
BRC

klayto's Avatar


klayto
05.30.2012 , 10:00 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
It's funny - I don't recall seeing a thread from EU players thanking Bioware for not taking their servers down for maintenance last Tuesday.
you work for BW....don't ya?

legolegion's Avatar


legolegion
05.30.2012 , 10:02 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Because of the way our servers are structured across the various datacenters, it is possible for technical issues to affect some servers but not others. This doesn't mean that we're able to take only some servers down to deploy updates to the game as a whole the way the game and updating it for all players works right now requires us to bring all the servers down when we make updates to the game. Right now, we are working as quickly as we can to make your servers available for play, and we'll get more information for you as soon as we can.
than you

JJwaaa's Avatar


JJwaaa
05.30.2012 , 10:03 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodstealer View Post
So if the dev popped on (extremely unlikey I know) and said hey all we accidentally connected the wheel to the whizzymathingy the wrong way round and now the hamsters are in a state of frenzy running the servers in revers and we are busy trying to avoid a rollback... would that help you..... I.E.. what possible difference is it going to make to you being unable to access the game.. lets be honest you are nerdraged cos you cant get to play the game for a whiles... take a look out the window, see the sun shinning and go grab some fresh air while it lasts.... cos the end of the world is nigh ya know the SWTOR Gods have sent us this sign....

it would help becuase even though we can do nothing about it, just saying maintanence i think is pretty lousy way to treat customers, when its obvious something went wrong

if they said 'some servers got fried and we need install new ones, we have no eta becuase such and such, your characters are safe, will take a while to do'
then okay, its information that is understandable and to the point, but just saying maintanence i think is bad pr.