Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

And once again, Europe gets screwed over Maintainance times

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
And once again, Europe gets screwed over Maintainance times
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yoshiblade
05.30.2012 , 06:38 AM | #1
Yes, ALL US servers are up, while most of the EU PvP servers (the most populated, actually) are down. And it's not early morning here (as is in the US), it's in the middle of the afternoon.
Equilibrium.
-a medium sized, moderate, mature, high level raiding guild-
Website|Forum|Members|Wiki|SWTOR-page

NinjaApacHe
05.30.2012 , 06:40 AM | #2
Figures, as usual. I really do not understand why they commercialized this game outside their country.

deathsg
05.30.2012 , 06:40 AM | #3
ooo, they are up, nice. US Servers that is

Yoshiblade
05.30.2012 , 06:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NinjaApacHe View Post
Figures, as usual. I really do not understand why they commercialized this game outside their country.
Starting to wonder that myself. Asian-Pacific servers are also up...
Equilibrium.
-a medium sized, moderate, mature, high level raiding guild-
Website|Forum|Members|Wiki|SWTOR-page

BenjaminminU
05.30.2012 , 06:45 AM | #5
Would you rather have them shut down all the servers rather than just the ones they're trying to fix?
"Declaration: Assassination protocols active. Greetings, master" - HK-51

solo-nite
05.30.2012 , 06:49 AM | #6
Really wish BW would do seperate EU server patching so they can do our servers not in the afternoon while everyone is trying to go on.
The Runestar Legacy

Tel-Quinn - Jedi Guardian

thomasgallant
05.30.2012 , 06:50 AM | #7
I am sure somewhere the bioware execs are happily rubbing their hands together at how efficently they have yet again screwed over the europians....because it is completely illogical to think that there might be a problem loading the patch into the eu servers....
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

Stoofa
05.30.2012 , 06:50 AM | #8
As this is and has been the norm since the very beginning why is:

A. Anyone suprised?
B. Actually taking the time to make a thread about this?

Fact - Most subscriptions come from the US. So in every single situation they will get priority. Better maintenance times, servers up and running quicker etc.
This will always be the case here.

For anyone who remembers UO many, many years ago - maintenance was run in those days at a "convenient" time for the local time zone. So it was 6:00am GMT when really tehre was nobody playing.

llesna
05.30.2012 , 06:53 AM | #9
Meh. It happens.

Sure, it would have been nice to play this morning, but I had lots of other things to do too. Yes, it's a genuine shame when maintenance sees unexpected issues, but this is an online game and it's not an unusual thing to happen.

I'm not being an apologist here, especially as a UKer affected by this, but in the grand scheme of things, I can always play another game. Besides, I'd rather they take a bit more time now to ensure that the patch works properly rather than have to take it down on another day this week to fix unresolved issues.

I just hope that the patch really does fix all the issues the patch notes claim to fix, as we've had a lot of issues marked as fixed in the past that weren't actually fixed.

Terrorgirl
05.30.2012 , 06:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
Would you rather have them shut down all the servers rather than just the ones they're trying to fix?
YES maybe like that you wont be trolling us the EU players anymore and maybe join the cause...