Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8am BST should mean 8am BST, not before!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
8am BST should mean 8am BST, not before!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Primarch_PWnD
05.30.2012 , 07:26 AM | #11
I love the trolls on here giving the OP a hard time.......you realize he's a paying customer, right?

He has the right to complain about whatever he wants. He didn't say he was quitting over this, he didn't say it completely ruined his gaming experience, and he didn't insult any of you, like you did to him. He merely voiced his displeasure.

I agree with him, if I show p for my dinner reservation exactly on time, only to find my table given away 15 min earlier, I'd complain too.

Jeul
05.30.2012 , 07:27 AM | #12
Wow... this person comes on here with a valid gripe and you guys all attack him as if he's frothing at the mouth and screaming bloody murder. After, you say that they have a high stress level? Wow.

If the servers went down 15 minutes early and I was in the middle of a dungeon area, I would be miffed, too. Is it life shattering? No. Is it poor timing with negative consequences that should be pointed out to the company in the only way known? Absolutely! Any of us would have been a little peeved if this happened to us.

All of you people complaining about the trolls have become what you despise most.
Junah
The Eventide
Jung Ma ( Formerly of VZ )

Beregonn
05.30.2012 , 08:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeul View Post
Wow... this person comes on here with a valid gripe and you guys all attack him as if he's frothing at the mouth and screaming bloody murder. After, you say that they have a high stress level? Wow.

If the servers went down 15 minutes early and I was in the middle of a dungeon area, I would be miffed, too. Is it life shattering? No. Is it poor timing with negative consequences that should be pointed out to the company in the only way known? Absolutely! Any of us would have been a little peeved if this happened to us.

All of you people complaining about the trolls have become what you despise most.
When this is brought to the forums, (15 minutes early! Wha!!) What do you think will happen? Really?

"Ohhh it's ok pudding! (hug hug) It will be ok! Rock a bye baby.....(squeeze,hug,belly rub)"

Balrizangor
05.30.2012 , 08:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by inertSpark View Post
Ok so the alert says that the servers will be offline at 8am BST (or whatever is relevant for your particular timezone). What I do not appreciate, is the server going offline at 7.45am BST. That's a full quarter of an hour before the announced time!

I was in the middle of a quest when I got booted out. I will probably now log in having been killed, and will now have to clear the whole area again to get the quest done. My playtime this morning was based on the 8am downtime, and had that been adhered to, I'd have been able to complete the quest, hand it in, and then log out in a safe area.

I know this doesn't mean much to many of you, however when something is declared as being scheduled, it's kind of the decent thing to do to adhere to that schedule.

Not a whole 15 minutes?? THE HORROR !!!! OMG TEH HORRORS !!!!

I would send a letter to your congressman or appropriate representative asap and demand the .002 cents you lost on that ... DAMN YOU BIOWARE !!!!
In umbris potestas est ("In the shadows, there is power")

Why Haven't They Fixed My Bug?? - I'm not the Author but it is a great read.

TheBBP
05.30.2012 , 08:14 AM | #15
Imagine if folks held their governments as accountable as they do game developers. The world might see a positive change. I wish that folks would put this kind of passion toward things that mean something.
Jano Aras'im - Knight of the Republic
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Sammm
05.30.2012 , 08:15 AM | #16
I saw the same kind of thread in my first mmo a couple of years ago. I'll see the same kind of thread in my 30th mmo a couple of years from now. Welcome to mmos.

Solution: let Skynet run the gaming companies. It will be deadly efficient.

AllisonBerryman
05.30.2012 , 08:19 AM | #17 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Part of our procedure is to make sure we broadcast messages on each server to inform players 15 minutes in advance when the servers are coming down for maintenance. We do this just to ensure everyone gets a warning, and it isn't often that we do bring the servers down any earlier than stated in our maintenance blogs and launcher messages. We definitely don't want to interrupt anyone's play any more than we have to! If you didn't get a warning on your server, I'd definitely like to know so that we can make sure nothing went wrong!

Just as a reminder to everyone: We ask that you please respect others on the forums. We want you to post your opinion and let us know what you think, but there's no need to bash anyone because they have a different opinion. Please try to be civil when responding to each other, even if you disagree.

Beregonn
05.30.2012 , 08:21 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cody-licious View Post
Clearly not.
And it appears the community is doing its best to ruin it further... Nice.
Ohhh good grief. Wars rage across the globe, children starving to death everyday, but we are ruining this guys MMO experience......

JollyRogers
05.30.2012 , 09:30 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeul View Post

All in the matter of context....

"Are we there yet?" as a stand alone statement could be translated as a valid question, and that anyone who responds negatively viewed as attacking the questioner as if they were frothing at the mouth and screaming bloody murder.

However, "Are we there yet?" at the end of the same question being repeated 100 times from the back seat by a child asking it within a span of an hour paints a much different picture.

Blattan
05.30.2012 , 11:11 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Part of our procedure is to make sure we broadcast messages on each server to inform players 15 minutes in advance when the servers are coming down for maintenance. We do this just to ensure everyone gets a warning, and it isn't often that we do bring the servers down any earlier than stated in our maintenance blogs and launcher messages. We definitely don't want to interrupt anyone's play any more than we have to! If you didn't get a warning on your server, I'd definitely like to know so that we can make sure nothing went wrong!
This is as good a time / place as any to mention the following:

While I can't speak to actual server interuptage, I can say that the login server(s) get taken down much earlier than the maintenance start times.
Example: I am playing on Server A, and about 1/4 to 1/2 hour before maintenance time, I try switching over to Server B, the server select screen displays all servers are down.
I suspect that this is to prevent an increase in server load prior to maintenance... But if people trying to log in a half an hour prior to maintenance can't, they are going to feel cheated.

Something to consider.